return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
"Physical DDOS" of the US judicial system
View this Thread in Original format
La5eR
I was recently reading an article posted on the Anonymous twitter account:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/o...r=1&ref=opinion

This is a good concept and here are some facts and figures
The US census of 2010 stated there are 375Million nationalized(Jus sanqui) and born-on(Jus Soli) citizens of the nation.
Of that population pool roughly 275Million of those are of adult age(18+)

What if we as the adult population of the US had a mass-movement of committing mass-felonies across the nation to spur on change? All we need is to have at a bare-minimum 150Million US citizens doing this. Having that many people go out and steal a piece of merchandise worth 100 USD or more(legal threshold for a felony-theft in the US in many states). And NOT having them simply enter a guilty-plea but exercising their right to a fair trial.

We would flood the entire judicial system with a mound of paper work that would do the following:
A legal jury trial requires at least 5 jurors to 9 as a grand jury. These jurors MUST be legal citizens of the US
So that if you do the math is 125Million/5 for roughly 25Million trials to be started within the time it takes to summon the remaining "law-abiding" citizens to be summoned and interviewed for non-bias.
This interview process takes a month at minimum from my best experiences.
And you cannot be summoned to become a juror again for a constitutionally designated number of months after your previous trial
So we have by this math a possibly long lag-time before the initial group of jurors come off cooldown.
Each trial takes a week or more thus extending this cool-down

After all is said and done those retailers who lost out on 12.5 billion dollars in sales, lawyer fees, courtroom staff pay, etc... the economy would be plunged into chaos

I wonder if this is the next course of action for the US citizen base seeing as how the corporate suit-jokeys are still riding the politicians.

If this is the next course of action, I bet we better start "Shopping"
LAdazeNYnights
you first
Arbiter
It's an interesting article that only scratches the surface of just how hopelessly broken the criminal justice system is in the U.S., but I'm not sure why you're focusing on the pool of potential jurors, which is one of the few resources that the system has in abundance. The system is struggling to keep dockets moving even at our current crime rate, and even with 90% (an extremely low estimate, by most accounts) of criminal defendants pleading guilty. And that's to say nothing of what kind of legal services public defenders can realistically render in the couple of hours they have per client.
Lira
I must have missed something. How is that a good idea?

If you read carefully to the article you posted, the woman who came up with the idea said herself that "[she's] not saying we should do it. [She's] saying we ought to know that it’s an option". And she's talking about people who are already getting arrested, she's not enticing everyone to get up their chairs and go break the law.

Besides, this could seriously lead to loads of horrible unintended consequences in the long run. Just think about it for a little longer and I'm sure you can see why. Just because the system is broken, it doesn't mean you should break it down for good.
ChrisWChandler
Isn't it really sad that this isn't even the most stupid idea someone on this forum has posted today?
rsawills
Use of nanotechnology to commit crimes.nanotechnology - like computer technology - is likely to be a profoundly trans formative technology.
sydney criminal lawyers
TheTrinity
quote:
Originally posted by Lira
I must have missed something. How is that a good idea?

If you read carefully to the article you posted, the woman who came up with the idea said herself that "[she's] not saying we should do it. [She's] saying we ought to know that it’s an option". And she's talking about people who are already getting arrested, she's not enticing everyone to get up their chairs and go break the law.

Besides, this could seriously lead to loads of horrible unintended consequences in the long run. Just think about it for a little longer and I'm sure you can see why. Just because the system is broken, it doesn't mean you should break it down for good.

its not that its broken. its that its broken and the morons at the top think they have the authority to act as God.
Lira
"Morons" acting like they're God. Who would have imagined? :p
TheTrinity
quote:
Originally posted by Lira
"Morons" acting like they're God. Who would have imagined? :p

gene manipulations, genocide, violence, segregation, slavery, human trafficking, abuse of resources, abuse of nature, money driven system of power...a conformist delusional society...

do i need to say more on how morons at the top are acting like god?
Arbiter
quote:
Originally posted by TheTrinity
do i need to say more on how morons at the top are acting like god?

Morons they may be, and yet they do as they please whilst all you can manage is a little impotent whining about them on the internet. How does that feel?

TheTrinity
quote:
Originally posted by Arbiter
Morons they may be, and yet they do as they please whilst all you can manage is a little impotent whining about them on the internet. How does that feel?

nah, i found where their layer is on the internet.

i tell them they are stupid--ups all the time to their face.

they have been using FBI, CIA, ex-spies and spooks of all levels tracking me everywhere i go for the past 3 years.

i have yet to meet anyone on this planet that has proven anything i said was wrong.

cheers.
Arbiter
quote:
Originally posted by TheTrinity
i tell them they are stupid--ups all the time to their face.

Oh, good. That'll show 'em.

Whatever would we do without you here to save the world with the power of third grade name-calling?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement