return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Oh Sheeeeeet!!! Deadmau5 tells off Madonna, yo!
View this Thread in Original format
aNYthing
http://spin1038.com/category-entert...avicii-concert/

quote:
Madonna surprised Avicii at the Ultra Music Festival in Miami. She chatted about her love of electro music before launching into a remix of ¡®Girl Gone Wild.

Meanwhile her comment ¡®How many people here have seen Molly?¡¯ didn¡¯t go down well with Deadmau5. Molly is a slang term for MDNA (pure form ecstasy) and the dj thought Madonna should not be advocating drug use.

In fact he wrote about his annoyance extensively on his blog and on twitter -

For example ¨C ¡°It really hurts me to see rampant ADVOCATION of extreme bull lifestyles to a genre that spans pretty much any age gap these days. ¡_ Im not pro, or anti drug¡_ but¡_ ill easily let you know that im pro-responsibility.¡±

He then tweeted Madonna ¨C ¡°You¡¯re a role model to 100¡äs of millions. You have a powerful voice,EDM could use your positive influence, not ¡®molly¡¯ talk.¡±

She responded with this pic and explaination -

Deadmau5 (real name Joel Zimmerman) responded ¡°Fair enough, I was just voicing my concerns as I usually do. +1 respect for clearing it up personally.¡± He later added, ¡°Regardless, just be a little more aware of what you *should* represent at EDM events, and ill watch my mouth.

After a few more nice tweets between them Madonna finished with ¡°Communication is always best. You should have called me first, we could have cleared it up ¡®privately.¡¯¡±

EDM. Srs Bzns.
aNYthing
quote:
Originally posted by Euforix
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...1&#.T3HBuzEf6So

apparently, there's more of Joel's rant to this story... and gets flamed in process too...

*popcorn time*
Meat187
Oh wow, really? Like, seriously? Deadmau5 wrote that on his blog? Oh my god that is so... I mean that is the single most... I mean...

aNYthing
quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
Oh wow, really? Like, seriously? Deadmau5 wrote that on his blog? Oh my god that is so... I mean that is the single most... I mean...

EarnYourKeep
Taipan
"Either be groovy or leave, man!" - Bob Dylan
RapidFire
madonna > deadmau5
LAdazeNYnights
Still, does anybody buy her explanation ?
If you ask 'has anyone seen molly' at a place like Ultra, how do you think the crowd will interpret it? Her response was a cop-out, washing her hands of any guilt when she should've just fessed up to it.
raveed
quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
Still, does anybody buy her explanation ?
If you ask 'has anyone seen molly' at a place like Ultra, how do you think the crowd will interpret it? Her response was a cop-out, washing her hands of any guilt when she should've just fessed up to it.

Wasn't she also wearing a t-shirt that said MDNA?
Frenkieee
quote:
Originally posted by raveed
Wasn't she also wearing a t-shirt that said MDNA?

That's because MDNA is the title of her new album, smartypants :p

srussell0018
Madonna sucks. She's such a tryhard loser anymore it's disgusting. She got replaced by Lady Gaga, who happens to be way more talented than she ever was, and she can't handle it.
Lews
Holy :stongue:

I knew about DeadMoose bitching her out because of her comment, but hadn't read her excuse before this thread. That's one of the most pathetically veiled cop-outs ever. "I was just randomly shouting out the name of a song by a friend of mine!" Good God :stongue:

She just needs to ing retire already, Christ.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement