return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

Pages: [1] 2 
Classic trance
View this Thread in Original format
Saragn
Hi guys, check out my new track and let me know what you think. Quite long but well worth it me thinks:

Saragn - Searching for Anna (Extended Mix) by Saragn

Comments welcome :-)
Falken_za
This is mostly epic. there is only one place it loses points, that instrument that starts at 3:50 (the one running with the bass-line. Change it so something a little softer/warmer and we have a winner in my books. Stick to uplifting trance dude, you're clearly rather good at it.
TranceLover007
Embed your SoundCloud Code please, it may bring you more comments, suggestions - just my $0.02.

Cheers,

Darek
Saragn
Hey Falken,

Ta for listening and for the feedback bro :-) Yeah uplifting surely is my thing for sure, I just kinda got lost with this one and the vibe felt so right I ran with it to see where I ended up...I had no intentions of getting the classic trance feel across. I must be honest though I am rather happy with how the melody turned out, proper emotional which is what I like.

But, again, ta for taking the time dude :-)
Saragn
Hey TranceLover,

Good idea, thanks. I've done the Twitter and Facebook bit but in my profile settings I don't find a place to add the SoundCloud link, any ideas?
TranceLover007
quote:
Originally posted by Saragn
Hey TranceLover,

Good idea, thanks. I've done the Twitter and Facebook bit but in my profile settings I don't find a place to add the SoundCloud link, any ideas?

Go to your track on SC and select (on the top left site in your track) share option --> from that you need to copy info from Embed Code place and paste to your thread as is but remember don't use " Use the HTML5 widget" feature as this will not give us volume control option.

Cheers,

Darek
Saragn
Thanks Darek, awesome tip!!! I will remember that from now on :-)
TranceLover007
Looks much, much better already lol - as far as your track, don't want to be harsh but you definitely could do 6 min Trance out of 11 min you have right now ;)

Beside that there are few more things will have to be resolve before you can move forward with your next step (I assume like talking to some labels)

Cheers,

Darek
Saragn
Yep, I'll have to agree. It could be shorter. I knew once I had finished that the first thing that would get noticed is the length. I could do a radio edit of this to shorten it to probably about 8 minutes. I'm not sure I'll be able to fit all the percussion in in a shorter space, maybe I need to play with it.

Other than that I am quite happy with the track. There are one or two niggles that I can pick up, but for the most part I think it's kinda cool. Yeah I talk to labels all the time but this one I reckon will be a difficult sell because it's not really inline with what most trance labels are bringing out. I'll probably release it on my own label at some point, but for now it's back to the drawing board to continue my next project :-)
TranceLover007
I would also look at your dynamics and volume level - sounded like you lost a bit of both of them ;) - the rest I can judge when you improve those two items/issues.

Cheers for now,

Darek

Saragn
Okay. When you say volume do you mean volume of the different elements OR the volume of the track as a whole? Because if so I must point out that its not mastered at the moment, its as it came out of Ableton. If you mean the different elements then I guess thats down to mixing right?

When you say dynamics, what are you referring to?

Thanks
Saragn
Pub Crawl
That portamento on the bass sounds really epic IMO. Other than that your percussion is lacking both drive and frequency space. Layer at lease 4 hats, I'm not even joking. The break melody sounds cool but the filter should open up towards the end to give it a building feel.

This is more chill than epic, I enjoyed the melody though
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement