return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Languages. Wha yu speek nao?
View this Thread in Original format
KilldaDJ
I'm on a phone Internet search function difficult

Anyway. What languages are you capable of reciting?

I can perform English/Cantonese/google everything else

Oui??
Intellekshual
Arabic, French and English fluently. Very, very rusty Spanish, I can understand it better if I'm reading it. I can also understand a tiny bit of Italian. (Both Spanish and Italian are a bit similar to French, which helps)
Sushipunk
English, Australian, and I'm quite fluent in Bogan (also known as "Ocka").

I used to be pretty fluent in the main Indonesian language (Bahasa Indonesia - they have tons of dialects though) but that has long since left my brain, except for a few swear words and basic things.

Dada besar.
Dykes_on_Jay
English, French, Italian, passable Korean. I can get by in Spanish countries but would not consider this language mastered. Because of my French and Italian I can understand a lot more than I can speak. I'm shooting in being able to speak and read (minimum 5000 characters) Mandarin within the next 2 years. It will be hard, although my Pinyin has surprised me as Chinese will understand me when needed...I can't return the favour yet.

I'm messing around with German, but I'm not too serious about it at this point. It is just to take a break from learning a ed up language like Chinaise.
_Ocean_Drive_
English, Japanese, can get by in French...
Lira
To be honest, I'm not comfortable saying I speak any language other than Portuguese.
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by Lira
To be honest, I'm not comfortable saying I speak any language other than Portuguese.

I hoped that you would at least look up "dada besar", from my post :(
Dykes_on_Jay
quote:
Originally posted by Lira

I'm pretty sure you qualify in English man, come on.
Spacey Orange
does ebonics count as a language? just aksing fo sho.
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by Dykes_on_Jay
I'm pretty sure you qualify in English man, come on.

Marcus speaks better English than I do, lol.

Dykes_on_Jay
Non native speakers tend to speak more eloquently because the focus was on learning proper English without the material being tainted by slang/regional dialects. They also don't take sloppy shortcuts like we tend to do (native speakers), the reason most likely being that we are a bit overconfident and don't put much thought into how we talk at times.

Think of how you speak at home. Chances are slang is used as well as other things you would not dream of using in a formal setting. Non native speakers tend to focus on not making those mistakes...unless they are from France or Italy and don't give a because they think that they are sexier than you.

It's actually one of things that is really good when teaching spoken English. I'm forced to speak in a way I might not always speak, and it carries over into my personal life making me more come off as more educated and charming than the ignorant cunt I like to be.
Chimney
Romanian, Swedish, English fluently. Understand German, Italian, Norwegian and Danish.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement