return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

New track. Gorka (original mix)
View this Thread in Original format
Genskiy
Hey guys, let me know what you think of my new track. Opinions welcome.

Link to listen on soundcloud, as well as download if you wish:

http://soundcloud.com/genskiy/gene-...y-gorka-genskiy
Nemesis44
Nice track.

The one thing that stops this from really standing out though is that whilst it is really well done in terms of production values, the melody/hook does not cement itself naturally in my mind suggesting that it's not strong enough in its own right.

I always try and see things in terms of if a punter was to come up and try and hum a tune to me (which happens) how they would get to grips with this one. In other words, it needs a stronger identity to stop it from melting in to the mass of other tracks that sound like it.

Thanks for sharing though and was worth the listen

Cheers
Karl
Genskiy
quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis44
Nice track.

The one thing that stops this from really standing out though is that whilst it is really well done in terms of production values, the melody/hook does not cement itself naturally in my mind suggesting that it's not strong enough in its own right.

I always try and see things in terms of if a punter was to come up and try and hum a tune to me (which happens) how they would get to grips with this one. In other words, it needs a stronger identity to stop it from melting in to the mass of other tracks that sound like it.

Thanks for sharing though and was worth the listen

Cheers
Karl

Karl, thanks for the great constructive criticism. I will keep working on it :toocool:
atrophIA
Could you give me an email address I could contact you at?
Genskiy
quote:
Originally posted by atrophIA
Could you give me an email address I could contact you at?

genskiymusic@gmail.com
Genskiy
Updated SoundCloud link posted.
demistrate
You have got all the elements there and a very good and strong melody. Keep up the hard work dude.

quote:
Originally posted by Genskiy
Updated SoundCloud link posted.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement