return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Has anyone ever used the HD280pro on a club sound system?
View this Thread in Original format
blighty
Hi all,

I was wondering, has anyone here ever used the HD280pro on a club sound system. How did it perform? Was it loud enough, did it isolate enough?

Greetings,
Blighty
Elixir
quote:
Originally posted by blighty
Hi all,

I was wondering, has anyone here ever used the HD280pro on a club sound system. How did it perform? Was it loud enough, did it isolate enough?

Greetings,
Blighty

Hello,
I haven0t used them on a loud club system yet, but from my experiences they'll do fine. Isolation is great so you won't hear any outer noises >> probably! ;)

cheers
spectra
well I aint used them in a proper club (not good enuff :D), but I used them in a hall with a 1000W hired soundsystem and they were np.
TranceGeek
i used them on a club system... after 10 sec of trying to mix with them, i went back to my v6s...

couldn't hear on them...
fzrr
I haven't used mine in a club as of yet or seen anyone else using them for that matter so i'm a bit hesitant. While i have no doubts that they won't isolate enough...i have doubts on whether or not their bass is strong enough for you to hear clearly. My advice is to take a spare pair of Technics or any cans that are industry popular as a backup.
Gluegun
Hey, check out this page..

http://www.geocities.com/magicthyse/djcomp.html
LeVouS
Nice website Gluegun .. It helps me to decide which cans is the best for me .. though i am still not sure getting which one ..

but i think i will get V700 .. but is it true that V700 really fragile ? coz it looks sexy and quite cheap about US$94 compare to Pioneer which more expensive about $30

Peace, LeVouS
Gluegun
Well, that dual-swivel thing that lets the V700DJ swivel outward is what breaks so much..

and that guy put the V700DJ's close to last... yet you stil lwant them? ????
fzrr
quote:
Originally posted by Gluegun
Hey, check out this page..

http://www.geocities.com/magicthyse/djcomp.html

"Sennheiser HD280
Distortion an issue for higher levels. No bass. Generally unsuitable for anything other than a bedroom DJ environment."

Fair enough...

Personally i would go the Technics as they seem to be more durable than the Sony's
Gluegun
I'm trying to get Magicthyse to add the Senn HD25, the Sony MDR-V6/MDR-7506, the IXOS DJ1001, and the Ultrasone HFI-650 to that roundup...

Joshva
Yeh I was just about to suggest the HD25
LeVouS
quote:
Originally posted by Gluegun
I'm trying to get Magicthyse to add the Senn HD25, the Sony MDR-V6/MDR-7506, the IXOS DJ1001, and the Ultrasone HFI-650 to that roundup...

Yea Gluegun .. thats very good idea .. u know the Magicthyse admin ?

Hope He wont take years to post the review :haha: :haha: :haha:

Peace, LeVouS
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement