return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 
Röyksopp - Running to the Sea (Pachanga Boys remix)
View this Thread in Original format
rubez
this is epic. heard sasha play it.

one of the boys is superpitcher, who i recognise from michael mayer's minimal label kompakt.

Scoops
one of my top tracks from 2013
bamski
Very nice. I haven't heard anything Superpitcher in like ten years. Yet another stunning Røyksopp rmx.

There sure are a lot of them.
rubez
her voice sits perfectly in the mix to me.

you seem biased. i think you are judging this with the original in mind, which is a mistake. this is a remix, and a great one. vocal fits the haunting atmosphere of the track brilliantly.
LoveHate
Good song , suprised at the amount of hype it recieved though.
bamski
quote:
Originally posted by clay
the only thing stunning is susannes voice, which is hardly hearable in this mix.
she is norways best singer at the moment.
try the original, or anything else by susanne sundfør, like "brothel" (not much to do with edm though).

The voice sits perfectly as is and I wouldn't tweek it even if I could. I do admit that 'stunning' may not be ideal word to describe my feelings towards this. But compared to a vast majority of remixes that have a similar concept/sound (or originals for that matter), this one does stand out, even if it wouldn't be the pick of the litter.

This again is just my opinion.

I will not apologise for liking it. I will on the other hand compliment you for being right about the voice. I have heard her sing a long time ago, but I doubt I have heard Brothel, so I'll gladly check it out. Thanks.
rubez
quote:
Originally posted by clay
It could just as well be a stand alone track, not a remix.

why? isn't that a compliment?

why would you want a remix that was undifferentiated from the original?! defeats the purpose, no?
rubez
i seen it, your point?

maybe you should source the undesecrated acapella to wank off to? :stongue:
rubez
it may just be a masterful remix, ever think of that? :D

i think it is legitimate, and does what a good remix should.

wasn't under the impression this track was famous, haven't heard of it before now.
rubez
don't see how this is a filler track... it was the standout track of the set. maybe it isn't peak time madness material, but that doesn't mean it's filler.

Devostator
I love it, but it would have been nice if they had used the vocals. There are not enough good vocals out there with equally good remixes. 
Trancelover03591
Yeah, I just found out about this one too (also from a Sasha set, I think over the years he has chosen really cool tracks to open with). If you want another one with a similar feel (even some of the same samples I think) listen to Pachanga Boys - Time:

CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement