return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Buying music on ITunes
View this Thread in Original format
maximlee
I usually alway buy of beatport and traxsource. At the moment I'm on my travels in South America and have an IPad. So the pain of having an iPad is you can't dload from these sites which is simply beyond annoying, but now is not the time to go into that. My current issue is as iTunes hasn't got a crate (which is another up in my opinion) so I'm wondering how I'm going to be charged because so far I have been hit with big bank charges everytime I use my card so if Apple charge per dload I don't think I'm going to be able to buy any music.
Any info on this would be amazing as it's just not a good position to be in...

Many thanks hope you can help
Maxim
DJ RANN
I can't help that much as I have different Beatport accounts for different territories (UK, USA etc) to get around the restrictions (but that's because I have credit cards registered there.

I also hate using my USA card anywhere else becuase you get scammed on the foriegn bank charges.

However, you may want to look at trying to get a prepaid credit card from a local SA bank. Good for emergencies anyway and at least you're not getting screwed each time you use it.

Itunes does not have a crate option, so really it's best to stick to the platforms and if there's territory restrictions then use a proxy to connect. There's a bunch of apps that will help for ipad and that way you can still get your music, especially if you use the local card.

Good luck!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement