return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

List of remix tracks better than original?
View this Thread in Original format
Dj Pluviose
This is something I'm curious about and would like to know more about. Sometimes I run into tracks where the remixes are quite disappointing because some remix tracks sound nothing like the original, and then there are times when remixes are better than the actual original. If I may ask, why does this happen at times?
Trance-M
Why is the thread title so much different than what you ask above?

Anyways, I my opinion disappointing remixes and remixes better than the original happen all the time and as long as I can remember.
Probably it's also just a matter of taste.

Maybe nice to add an old example, left original, right (not really the original) the version which became the hit but actually was an official remix by Ben Liebrand.

Not that this is an example where the remix sounds nothing like the original, but the remix sounds better than the original. Apoptygma Berzerk - Kathy's Song and it's remixes would be a better example for that.

Godking5
This topic is HUGE, literally there is like a 50-50 split of remixes that are better or worse than the original.

Can we get some more criteria. Are you looking for remixes that sound almost nothing like the orginial but trump the original .

Or are you looking for remixes that sound like the original and still trump the original.

Some good guys with consistent wins in the remix department ---> Slacker , Tom Middleton, David Morales , Van Bellen, Ferry Corsten, and the list goes on and on
2techs
imo, this remix has all to do with the original but it's still a dope track

CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement