return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Anyone feel tracks these days have less longevity?
View this Thread in Original format
Dj Pluviose
I been listening to new music. Whenever I do, there's many tracks I find astonishing at first. I don't listen to them compulsively or abuse the out of it on repeat, I simply listen to it a couple days a day and would play it every other day or something. Or maybe every other 3 days? It's strange because back in the day I could listen to the same tracks every day (not on repeat though) and the longevity of it would last for months (some even years)

Is this happening to anyone else?
Trance-M
I still can listen tracks day after day (for a week or so) and on the repeat, mostly in my car. But it feels like in the past tracks lasted longer.
djthunderbird
I think its less about the tracks and more about our attention span, which has been reduced significantly in this age of instant gratification.
Swamper
There are exponentially more things vying for our digital attention... in-browser notifications/app popups...never ending. There is a constant stream of things being thrown at you trying to get you to do something different from whatever it is you're doing.
Light The Fuse
i think getting older plays a part in it as well
TranceElevation
Post these tracks then.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement