return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
today's cheese merchants at their former finest
View this Thread in Original format
rubez
listening to some of the horrific music of today's big trance artists, it's hard to believe they were actually once considered talented and credible.

post what you consider the antithesis of their current output. particularly classy or interesting works.

Mr.Mystery
Not really sure if this counts as "finest" but at least it's completely different from what Armin does now:

Mr.Mystery
What would the EDM kids do if Tiesto decided to drop this one day:

rubez
need to listen to these (no speakers now)

a quick search reveals flying squirrel problem (great name) was on his space age mix cd - which is ing fantastic. relentless driving tech. need to revisit this again... highly recommended.

speaking of armin, here's a very nice dark progressive uplifter.

rubez
also just found this last night, and... WOW!

solarstone from 1995. so fresh - and refreshing. a real beauty here.

Mr.Mystery
Yeah, Greenlight is fantastic. It's on the B side of Solarcoaster as well.
Trance-M
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
Not really sure if this counts as "finest" but at least it's completely different from what Armin does now:

Three of him I still like which also are very different, very club. From the days music was fun, I uploaded the first two:

OrangestO
Mr. Corsten..

NeedleBear
2techs
I don't think anyone fell off harder than BT or PVD.

Godking5
quote:
Originally posted by 2techs
I don't think anyone fell off harder than BT or PVD.

BT man .... the guy used to be in my top 3. His albums were cutting edge and very unique and ahead of the time, his essential mixes had a nice blend of different styles of electronic music. And then post 2008 maybe even earlier he just went full cheese. And the thing is hes not even as popular as a guy like Tiesto or AVB. He isnt commanding the type of audiences and crowds as a headliner that they are , so its like BT went cheese for nothing.

Speaking of people that fell off.....Sultan (soultan ? )fell off. Same for Sharam Jay from Deep Dish for a little bit
Kilixpree

I have a feeling that this topic will be depressing.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Privacy Statement