return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 
European Politics Thread: Netherlands, France, Germany, Great Britain, and Narnia 2017
View this Thread in Original format
Lira
The PDD is a bit dead, and there's a yuge thread about Donald Trump already, so I figured the CORe could have a thread about all the important European elections that will (have) take(n) place in 2017.

Today the Dutch went to the polls and we're all wondering if Geert Wilders will be Europe's next Trump. Then we'll worry about Marine Le Pen in France and Frauke Petry in Germany. And then probably Voldermort in Narnia or something, there are way too many countries in Europe to keep track of.

Anyway, have your say: Will centrists in Europe go the way of the dodo, or will the continent stop the populist wave?
Lira
For the record, I'm betting Rutte, Macron, and Merkel will end the year being the leaders of their respective countries. Let's see how dumb these people will make me look in a few months :p
Sykonee
The Dutch Greens kicked ass today. Go figure.

Also, there's a Dutch Party For Animals. And I thought Canada's Rhinoceros Party was wacky.
Trance-M
quote:
Originally posted by Sykonee
The Dutch Greens kicked ass today. Go figure.

Also, there's a Dutch Party For Animals. And I thought Canada's Rhinoceros Party was wacky.

Green like Democrats did. Left Greens also, but not as much as CDA and D66 gained together.

Left government party PVDA got their ass kicked like never before.
SP, also left, didn't benefit from their loss and lost one seat.

https://lfverkiezingen.appspot.com/nos/widget/main.html

In Holland we even take care of floating voters, which in Dutch more is like hovering :haha: Floating Voters Picture

God damn Party for Animals doubled, morons they are, just like the green left voters. Already said to a colleague the day before yesterday. If someone sees we have a Party for Animals they for sure will have a laugh, I for sure would.
Green Left wants to make driving cars even more expensive with taxes. They don't realize that when the 40 years old NATO Awacs planes take off and fly over our country, all we try to do with cars to save nature is done for nothing as it's effect is just 0.001% or something.
Same way that 90% of the energy is used by industry, so all you do at home to save energy has just 1% effect on the total or a lot less.

I think many surrounding countries are relieved with the outcome of our elections though. In my area which is at the south there are many PVV voters. PVV voters are not the smartest. Some just voted PVV in order to give a signal that things should change. PVV doesn't have solutions to offer.
wotyzoid
quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
Green Left wants to make driving cars even more expensive with taxes. They don't realize that when the 40 years old NATO Awacs planes take off and fly over our country, all we try to do with cars to save nature is done for nothing as it's effect is just 0.001% or something.
Same way that 90% of the energy is used by industry, so all you do at home to save energy has just 1% effect on the total or a lot less.

Is this actually true? Because if so it's an amazing bottom line of what the is wrong with humans, "progressives" in the pocket of big corps in this case. NATO is kind of touchy subject I feel, but why the would you fly a plane that does that much polluting today?
SYSTEM-J
All jet aircraft emit a huge amount of pollution. I have read, which is probably not strictly accurate, that if you fly to another country once a year for your holiday, you've created as many emissions as a year driving a car.
wotyzoid
Aviation is just 2% of overall CO2 emissions, what am I missing? Is this NATO plane included in that 2%? If the other 98% is created by mostly industry than it's even more alarming.
wotyzoid

still scary.
wotyzoid
Actually this is ing wrong, "Agriculture, Forestry, etc" should be lumped in with industry I think. That's 45% percent of mostly scary .
Mr.Mystery
quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
what am I missing?.

Cow farts.

Lews
quote:

I'm with you that GroenLinks is not an ideal party to be in power, but are you sure about your statistics there? They seem, um, a bit off.

An AWACS Boeing E-3 puts out as much carbon dioxide in one hour as 2 average passenger cars do in a year, but there's only 16 of them, and they're not all in the air all the time...

The Netherlands has 11 million cars. Lets say they're twice as efficient as the average car, but that's still 2.75 million flying hours. There's only 9000 hours in a year...

If the 16 planes were all flying all the time, that's roughly 150,000 flying hours... So, the NATO planes (flying all the time, which is not possible) are only 5% of the total car emissions (optimistically).

Obviously flying is absolutely horrible for the environment, much worse than driving, but driving is still a significant element. Driving, flying, electrical production (all those coal mines aren't helping), and agriculture (all those wonderful Dutch cows...) are all significant elements, and we should work to reduce emissions in each area where possible - including limiting the use of petrol-using cars.

Also, they're trying to upgrade the AWACS engines, hopefully it'll happen soon.
Lira
RIP PvdA, what a beating :eek:
quote:

Hey, isn't South Holland something like Wilders country? What's the reaction in Limburg been?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 
Privacy Statement