return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Who is DJ Sammy?
View this Thread in Original format
ak303
Sorry, but this is my first visit back for about a year, a year i've spent exploring music by Jazzanova, Aphex Twin, Coldcut, DJ Shadow, Mr Scruff, Cylob, Chris Clark, Luke Vibert, Kid 606, Plaid, Kid Koala, Venitian Snares, Black Sheep, cLOUDDEAD etc etc etc. A bit of a musical journey i suppose... but it's left me no better informed as to who this DJ Sammy everyone's been disrespecting on this forum actually is, or even if he produces music or just DJ's badly.

I suppose the name ought to signal BAD in big flashing neon lights, but then again Mixmaster Morris sends out the same signals, but turns out to be all good in the end.

Please inform me, and suggest a particularly bad example of his music or mixing or both or whatever he does, so i may fully appreciate the joke that is DJ Sammy.

Thanks.

-K
laz
i can give you the reason why we hate him so much... two remixes of old bryan adams songs, "heaven" and "boys of summer"
ak303
Thanks, i'll get kazza to download one as soon as possible.

-K
cosmicstar
I find them okay, but I love the Green Court remix of DJ Sammy-Heaven :D
imprt2nr
5 words:
DJ SAMMY IS A SELLOUT
GrimReaper
quote:
Originally posted by laz
i can give you the reason why we hate him so much... two remixes of old bryan adams songs, "heaven" and "boys of summer"

I'm not a DJ Sammy fan but if u blame someone, find out first what u are saying.. "Boys Of Summer" is not originally by Bryan Adams, it's by Don Henley. :rolleyes: I don't hate him, i know alot worst artists than him. Appalachian Falls is very nice tune by him.
SuperFarStucker
LoL... am i the only person that finds this guys 'request' funny?
quote:
originally posted by ak303
Please inform me, and suggest a particularly bad example of his music or mixing or both or whatever he does, so i may fully appreciate the joke that is DJ Sammy.

oh dear.. that is the first time ive ever heard anybody 'ask' to listen to music that others acknowledge as bad.. quite comical:eyes:
DjObscene
don't hate so much...he might be bad in your opinion but he's definitly making money with what he's doing
TrAnCeAkI
yeah i agree he Is making money!! but he isint respected by most "real" trance addicts and isint making money off of them :) he is too commercial and a sellout :nervous: :nervous:
Jeb
i didn't know who dj sammy was untill i heard a song of his on a soft rock station here in seattle last year.

liquidxxd
all djs are about money. how are they supposed to live.
mikefasssy
basically if you are a producer and dj and start to actually make enough money doing gigs and signing records to live without another job people on these boards will call you a sellout.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement