return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Pro DJs that use burnt mp3s @ gigs
View this Thread in Original format
dj tek
do u know any pro dj that uses burnt mp3s @ gigs? i personally dont think thats cool since they have access to so many tunes "legitly" so i think its sorta the easy way out, and u aint helpin the scene either..anyone?
amit
well thing is...if they dont get the mp3 from the ARTIST...then they shouldnt spin it unless they buy it! thats the bottom line.
dj tek
quote:
Originally posted by amit
well thing is...if they dont get the mp3 from the ARTIST...

thats exactly what im talking about
robstar
quote:
Originally posted by amit
well thing is...if they dont get the mp3 from the ARTIST...then they shouldnt spin it unless they buy it! thats the bottom line.

I agree!!
uwmadtrance
Scumfrog gives out mp3 of his new work on his site as a promotional tool and encourages people to burn it and use it.

I'm definitely going to buy 'Music Revolution' after listening to the free download.
Elmo-On-XTC
There's so much trance out there to buy. Sometimes theres a song that isn't really that good and isn't really worth the money to buy it but it might just fit so perfectly into the set your spinning that you HAVE to use it just that once, but you might never use it again.
Of course then again, you could argue that if it's good enough to put into your set you should buy it...

also don't forget that a lot of DJs own rare vinyls like Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar or whatever and don't want to wear it out so they burn it to a cd and use that
robstar
quote:
Originally posted by Elmo-On-XTC
There's so much trance out there to buy. Sometimes theres a song that isn't really that good and isn't really worth the money to buy it but it might just fit so perfectly into the set your spinning that you HAVE to use it just that once, but you might never use it again.
Of course then again, you could argue that if it's good enough to put into your set you should buy it...

I think it's simple, if u earn money while playing records u have to pay for the music.
It's very important that dj's pay for the music they play if they didn't the sceen would collaps IMO.

quote:

also don't forget that a lot of DJs own rare vinyls like Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar or whatever and don't want to wear it out so they burn it to a cd and use that

Yeah, that's ok to do since they own the vinyl. :)
VaNFeCto
quote:
Originally posted by dj tek
do u know any pro dj that uses burnt mp3s @ gigs? i personally dont think thats cool since they have access to so many tunes "legitly" so i think its sorta the easy way out, and u aint helpin the scene either..anyone?

I mean artist trade CDR's all the time i mean they get their latest tunes on Mp3s. They just wanna play the latest stuff and cds are a lot easy to get a hold of than vinyls. I mean I dont see how its damaging scene because the tunes will either be released on vinyls or they wont release them like PvD. In a way it helps the scene they dont get released and stuff like that at least i think.
DJDigDug
As promo that is great but i feel like whooping CDJs asses who burn all their tracks that i spend my drug money on :P
Solstice
i still cant understand a pro dj spinning mp3's?
i mean by very nature the track is compressed, which means less sound quality than .wav ( CD ) and of course vinyl?.

i dont care what 196kbs crap you try and string along, its still
compressed which is worse quality than wav or vinyl.

somebody please explain this too me!

bassaholix
I agree if they buy it then they should be able to make a copy.... cause vinyl is harder to take care of, but then again.. why not mix with vinyl the feel is so much better, but i guess for CDDJ's then hmmm.. i dunno.. this is a hard one to answer.. but if they did buy it then they should have the right to spin it...
kurai
Mp3 DJs are just poor asses imo :mad:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Privacy Statement