return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Should Acapella's be included on all vocal trance vinyls?
View this Thread in Original format
beema
I think yes.
When I used to spin hip-hop, this was one of the cool things about it.
Most hip-hop singles have an acapella of the track on them, allowing for a lot of creativity in your mixes, laying vocals from one track over the beat of another.
I would love to play around with this when mixing trance/prog or any other genre with vocals.
why do you guys think this is rarely done?
Solstice
yeah that would be so damn hot if they did.
torontotrance
I doubt they will, get you to buy more.
starglider
quote:
Originally posted by torontotrance
I doubt they will, get you to buy more.

But usually they can't be bought at all. I think it's a good idea that's sorely underused by labels. I suppose in some cases they don't want to waste space that could be occupied by the tracks proper, but I can't imagine that's too crucial as the acapellas are maybe 1-2 minutes max, if that.
yujie__
yes, it would give more people to hear there voices more clearly and better to understand the lyrics without getting distracted by the thingsi n backgroudn.
onceler
i think something might have to do with the artist factor here. What i mean is that when you hear a hip hop record, say Lil' Kim, you know that is her and you say "That is the new Lil' Kim!".. But for Trance, it is a bit different, for instance, Yahel - You Feel. When you hear that, you say "That is the new Yahel" but, in actuality, the voice is someone different. Because of this, the vocal tracks would be a bit more prized in the sence of a selfish, "I found this and none of you can have it" kind of thing and thus, why i believe you dont find them on a lot of records.
Jocker
i think, putting acapella on the vinyl would make it much easier to produce bootlegs, which the labels surely don't want. moreover, in hip hop acapella is actually someone "reading" or rapping stuff, and it goes perfectly almost with any beat (creating good posibilities for live performances). but in trance people actually sing, and it would sound pretty ty over some melody, if the keys don't match (ok, i never went to musical school so i don't know the proper terminology, but you all understand me). moreover, the recent judge jules godskitchen show showed that such experimentalism/creativity can be quite drastic :D
trancEyes22
mmmm yummy
bassaholix
I'd reckon id be wicked cool.. but they won't do it.. cause they will want you to spin the tracks.. not alcapellas since they want you playing their music, not vocals over sumone's music.. get me?
Yaz
It's a damn useful thing to have and very useful for the more creative DJ. The lack of them means that the odd trance or prog one which is obtainable which is really good (e.g. Danny Tenaglia - Elements) is quite rare and worth quite a bit of cash. You do get the odd good one though - I'm quite partial to dropping the accapella of Max Linen - The Soulshaker as a set opener ('Do you like it hard.....Do you like it rough.... Feeeeeeeeeeeel the drums..') then dropping in a hard trance track on the drums vocal :D

Arsalan
i saw the hardest heart Acapella on vinyl, i was just gonna buy it just because of that but i hate the track so much, dont know why. lyrics is good
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement