Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Retired Forums > Movement: Detroit Electronic Music Festival 2010 > Official DEMF 2010 10th Anniversary Thread
Pages (96): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Share
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch



Registered: Mar 2003
Location: on holiday

quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Fist Pump
at the American Museum of Natural History



___________________
Shut up and DANCE!!
House moves my body, Trance owns my soul, Progressive drives me wild

Old Post Apr-26-2010 23:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PurpleHaze
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Nov 2006
Location: leaning against the speaker stack

quote:
Originally posted by detroitbri
I agree. Lets hope they can get the sound right down there. Acustically the underground is a nightmare.

Last year I was really looking forward to Audion's set, but it was basically ruined by poor sound.


totally agree, i really hope they put more thought/tuning into that stage as it was really ear piercing down there!

Old Post Apr-27-2010 00:41  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleHaze Click here to Send PurpleHaze a Private Message Add PurpleHaze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch



Registered: Mar 2003
Location: on holiday

F right off! I really hope that Booka Shade isn't going to be closing on Monday b/c I have to miss Monday nights festivities. The way that the 3 DJs are listed separately at the top of each stage, and that Ritchie is closing the main stage Saturday, followed by Inner City and Model 500...it seems to me like Booka Shade will likely close Monday. They're the one group I REALLY wanted to see.


___________________
Shut up and DANCE!!
House moves my body, Trance owns my soul, Progressive drives me wild

Old Post Apr-27-2010 00:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador



Registered: May 2007
Location: Hart Plaza, Detroit

This DEMF is coming together nicely!!!


And yeah, heard the rumours as well of the Villalobos and Hawtin boat party for Sunday... depending on who else they put on the other floors, perhaps I might hit the boat again...

So many acts to see, but the times seeem to be clashing

But closing seems pretty sorted...

Sat = Main Stage - Plastikman
Sun = Beatport - Ricardo Villalobos (3 hour set :eyespop
Mon = Redbull - Booka Shade

But so many others that I would love to check out as well...



___________________
“Where’s your will to be weird?”

Old Post Apr-27-2010 02:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Highroller
ad hoc and ad lib



Registered: Oct 2002
Location: Flying over the cuckoo's nest

Considering Villalobos hasn't played in the US for 8 years, I think he's going to have something really special prepared for us. I'll be there for the full 3 hours.

Also, although I said I wouldn't go on the boat again, if Richie and Ricardo are doing a back to back, I think I may have to change my mind. That just can't be missed.

I just hope they let more people on board than they did last year. It was way way too empty last year.

Old Post Apr-27-2010 03:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Highroller Click here to Send The Highroller a Private Message Add The Highroller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador



Registered: May 2007
Location: Hart Plaza, Detroit

quote:
Originally posted by The Highroller
Also, although I said I wouldn't go on the boat again, if Richie and Ricardo are doing a back to back, I think I may have to change my mind. That just can't be missed.

I just hope they let more people on board than they did last year. It was way way too empty last year.


I never said I wouldn't do the boat again this year, but wasn't planning on it or even considering it... but maybe if things change... I heard some rumbling that there will some other epic boat additions... but no one will confirm damnit!

The boat capacity is not Paxahau's fault... the boat's capacity is more than likley predetermined based on that fact that those floors are usually banquet style with tables and shit for weddings, conferences, parties etc... don't know what kinda rules would have to be changed to accomodate pretty much all strictly standing room.

And they gotta anticipate that all rooms will be filled equally... not just one floor rammed. So the capacity has to be considered that way too...


___________________
“Where’s your will to be weird?”

Old Post Apr-27-2010 03:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Highroller
ad hoc and ad lib



Registered: Oct 2002
Location: Flying over the cuckoo's nest

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mach X
I never said I wouldn't do the boat again this year, but wasn't planning on it or even considering it... but maybe if things change... I heard some rumbling that there will some other epic boat additions... but no one will confirm damnit!

The boat capacity is not Paxahau's fault... the boat's capacity is more than likley predetermined based on that fact that those floors are usually banquet style with tables and shit for weddings, conferences, parties etc... don't know what kinda rules would have to be changed to accomodate pretty much all strictly standing room.

And they gotta anticipate that all rooms will be filled equally... not just one floor rammed. So the capacity has to be considered that way too...


I'm not saying it is Paxahau's fault. All I'm saying is that the Innervisions and the Detroit floors were completely dead, and the Luci vs. Loco floor was only 1/2 full. I was tired of Luci vs. Loco, so I couldn't enjoy the party because there was nothing happening on the other floors.

I don't know whether it was because not enough tickets were sold, or because they capped capacity, but there should have been at least 3x the amount of people on that boat to make it enjoyable.

Old Post Apr-27-2010 03:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Highroller Click here to Send The Highroller a Private Message Add The Highroller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador



Registered: May 2007
Location: Hart Plaza, Detroit

quote:
Originally posted by The Highroller
I'm not saying it is Paxahau's fault. All I'm saying is that the Innervisions and the Detroit floors were completely dead, and the Luci vs. Loco floor was only 1/2 full. I was tired of Luci vs. Loco, so I couldn't enjoy the party because there was nothing happening on the other floors.

I don't know whether it was because not enough tickets were sold, or because they capped capacity, but there should have been at least 3x the amount of people on that boat to make it enjoyable.


I know what you mean, it woulda been sweet if the floors were rammed to it's tits... but then again, wouldn't have been to sweet if it was that rammed and something happened... imagine that many people running for the exits all tweaked out of thier mind lol... I can swim, but not to keen on taking a dip in the Detroit River at 3am at night lol


___________________
“Where’s your will to be weird?”

Old Post Apr-27-2010 03:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Highroller
ad hoc and ad lib



Registered: Oct 2002
Location: Flying over the cuckoo's nest

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mach X
I know what you mean, it woulda been sweet if the floors were rammed to it's tits... but then again, wouldn't have been to sweet if it was that rammed and something happened... imagine that many people running for the exits all tweaked out of thier mind lol... I can swim, but not to keen on taking a dip in the Detroit River at 3am at night lol


I understand saftey concerns, but they surely could have let on quite a few more people than they did last year. If they have strict capacity guidelines, have it at a different venue. I don't care if it's on a boat or not, I just want it to be a rocking party.

Old Post Apr-27-2010 03:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Highroller Click here to Send The Highroller a Private Message Add The Highroller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador



Registered: May 2007
Location: Hart Plaza, Detroit

quote:
Originally posted by The Highroller
I just want it to be a rocking party.


+ fuckin' 1


___________________
“Where’s your will to be weird?”

Old Post Apr-27-2010 03:39  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cribby
Dapper Disco Dino



Registered: Jun 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

Looking at the lineup as a whole, and the stages individually has already made me lose my marbles. I can't deal!!


___________________
GWARTQZ!!!!

Old Post Apr-27-2010 05:11  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Cribby Click here to Send Cribby a Private Message Visit Cribby's homepage! Add Cribby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cmccann87
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Oct 2008
Location: Biscayne Bay

i hope the plastikman stuff doesn't continue on the boat i wanna see richie and riccardo have a blast together and rip us to shreds

Old Post Apr-27-2010 05:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cmccann87 Click here to Send cmccann87 a Private Message Add cmccann87 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Retired Forums > Movement: Detroit Electronic Music Festival 2010 > Official DEMF 2010 10th Anniversary Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (96): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack ID - end of '90 [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackIan Wilkie - "Guten Morgen" (dub) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread
Forum Jump:

All times are GMT. The time now is 13:33.

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is ON
vB code is ON
[IMG] code is ON
 
Search this Thread:

 
Contact Us - return to tranceaddict

Powered by: Trance Music & vBulletin Forums
Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Privacy Statement / DMCA
Support TA!