Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Traveling Through Tokyo [deep house/field recordings]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
yonny
Supreme tranceaddict

Traveling Through Tokyo [deep house/field recordings]

John Nilsen - Traveling Through Tokyo by John.R.Nilsen

I was in tokyo some years ago, and i really want to go back. One of many reasons is that ive been reading loads of Murakami's books, and theyre all about Tokyo.

So out of nostalgia i put in some field recordings here and there, i think the result is one of my better mixes ever. Loads of great tunes being released right now, thats probably the most important factor

1. Next stop: Tokyo [Field recording]
2. Dave G - Deep experience
3. Efdemin - Nighttrain (Fred P reshape)
4. Ebb & Flow - Its all R&B(Joe's Roundabout dub)
5. Roberto Bosco - I was lonely
6. The Mole - Dog River
7. Ben Hoo - Modal (Dazo mix)
8. Tony Lionni - Forever is a Long time
9. Bazar - Hard to Find (Maceo Plex funk drop)
10. Helium Robots - Jarza
11. Marc Romboy - Picnic Electronique (Deetron remix)
12. Sei A - Flux
13. Tim Xavier - Speeding around the universe (Dustin Zahn main floor mix)
14. The Mole - Gameface
15. KiNK - Freakuency
16. Locked Groove - Rooted
17. Akasaka lunch [field recording]
18. KiNK - Machines dont cry
19. Tokyo streets at night [Field recording]

Old Post Jan-26-2012 01:09  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for yonny Click here to Send yonny a Private Message Visit yonny's homepage! Add yonny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Don't mind if I do. Sounds interesting.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 01:25  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

Lots of familiar tracks in there. Looking forward to giving this a go

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 02:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

in.Tony Montana day.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 06:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

that locked groove track is sick. in.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 06:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

will listen

Have you heard the second disc of Echospace - Liumin? It's all sort of ambient/field recordings of Tokyo. Sickest shit ever

Old Post Jan-26-2012 16:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yonny
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
Lots of familiar tracks in there. Looking forward to giving this a go

Its difficult for me to make a mix with tunes u DONT know

quote:
Originally posted by pozz
i'm a sucker man. saw field recordings and started listening right away.

one note is that the field recordings are way too quiet relative to the rest of the music. no other complaints cuz the set was really good. the ending section especially has this one ridiculous transition and sick flow. nice groove interspersed throughout.

Thanks man, im really glad u liked it. I thought about u when i was putting this up here, haha!

quote:
Originally posted by enydo
that locked groove track is sick. in.

SICK hard to mix in there, i had to redo that like 3 times... I hope the result was decent tho

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
will listen

Have you heard the second disc of Echospace - Liumin? It's all sort of ambient/field recordings of Tokyo. Sickest shit ever

I havent actually, ill be sure to check that out

Old Post Jan-26-2012 16:56  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for yonny Click here to Send yonny a Private Message Visit yonny's homepage! Add yonny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by yonny
I havent actually, ill be sure to check that out

Do that man. Rod Modell is a god when it comes to field recordings. I've never been Tokyo and yet that disc makes me feel like I'm actually in some Tokyo subway. I honestly think it even might be even better than the first disc. Perfect mix of field recordings and heavy hazy ambient-ness.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 16:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Gave it a listen. This mix didn't exactly sound like Tokyo to me but some very good deep haus non the less Going to snag some of the tunes.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 19:29 
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

Field recordings yar? Let the polar bears boogie!!

Old Post Jan-26-2012 23:29  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

Nice.. I'll give this a proper listen on my way to work tomorrow

Old Post Jan-27-2012 02:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

I am in

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Jan-27-2012 19:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Traveling Through Tokyo [deep house/field recordings]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread