Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > Muse - Uprising (Yarune Remix)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Jay M
Connecting dots...

Muse - Uprising (Yarune Remix)

For the Clubcharts.nl remix competition I made this trancer. There was an acapella available but I choose to practise with my new mic and let my girlfriend do the vocals. Although her voice is more suitable for laidback tracks, it ended up pretty well. This is my first finished ableton track as well. Hope you like!

Muse - Uprising (Yarune Remix) by Yarune

Also visit my soundcloud and Twitter

Old Post Apr-21-2010 08:24  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Jay M Click here to Send Jay M a Private Message Visit Jay M's homepage! Add Jay M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

Nice job on this sort of progressive builder. Love how the melody line's expanding into the vocals. The break is a masterful use of space and letting the vocals do the work for you.

I did find myself wishing for some synth work going with the vocals on the relaunch, but, other than what might have been a personal preference, I really enjoyed this.

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Old Post Apr-23-2010 02:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigjimslade002
TA 00-01AlliancePresident

been wanting to comment for a while about this track:

i listened to all the mixes in the competition and this one was the run away winner.not using the entire lyrics throughout the song like everyone else did was the key here,you understood that just the main vocal hook of uprising is the key to this track as an edm remix.

having said that i really would have liked to have heard this with the original lyrics by muses singer.nothing against your female singer but i feel the track is too fresh right now to be remixed with female vocals instead of the original.

if this song was about 4 years old id say female vocals would be fine for it.but i think right now people would want to hear the original singer.

overall though the track is excellent,and i will definitely be playing this as part of my amateur spotlight on my podcast and my radio show when it returns.so great job!!!

FACEBOOK:http://www.facebook.com/djatomx

SOUNDCLOUD: http://www.soundcloud.com/djatomx

Old Post Apr-23-2010 04:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigjimslade002 Click here to Send bigjimslade002 a Private Message Visit bigjimslade002's homepage! Add bigjimslade002 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Subtle
Subreme tranceaddict

Production is nice, very familiar to what i remember you used to make.

Arps and effects are cool, some pannings on the drums sounds a little bit wierd and the vocals doesnt sound too good, but otherwise good stuff.

http://soundcloud.com/subtara

Old Post Apr-24-2010 01:31  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Subtle Click here to Send Subtle a Private Message Visit Subtle's homepage! Add Subtle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kysora
Supreme tranceaddict

Have to agree with whoever said the original vocals would have been much, much better than the redone ones. Considering Muse is my favorite band I'm having a hard time getting past what are very average-sounding vocals by comparison.

The production is nice otherwise, but the vocals ruined it for me.

Old Post Apr-24-2010 05:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Kysora Click here to Send Kysora a Private Message Add Kysora to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jay M
Connecting dots...

Hey guys,

Thanks for commenting! Vocals were a try out, and a lot of people think it was a bad decision to skip the originals. Can't disagree on that, but we learned a lot from it! Taking along al these tips to the next project

cheers

Also visit my soundcloud and Twitter

Old Post Apr-24-2010 11:56  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Jay M Click here to Send Jay M a Private Message Visit Jay M's homepage! Add Jay M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > Muse - Uprising (Yarune Remix)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread