Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Tracks Section > Unknown Tracks > Uploading of MP3 samples to threads / Identifying old tunes
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Swamper
Webmonstah

Hello! Uploading of MP3 samples to threads / Identifying old tunes

Hi all,

A lifetime ago, when the TA forums came to be, there were only 2 main areas: "Music Discussion" (aka forumid=1) and Unknown Tracks (forumid=2). Going through some of my old posts I saw some of these were NEVER ID'd and that is just NOT right.

So, given we have tools today (like Shazam) it makes sense to see how many of the 4500+ outstanding can be identified. It turns out many are still a mystery, and some come back with a false ID (so you still have to manually check). I wrote a script that goes out to the Shazam API with the audio file and I automated much of the process (ID'ing the track, posting in the thread, changing title to the ARTIST-TRACK, and sending out an email to the thread starter (Hoping they still check that email account, lol)). For now, I'm still passing random IDs to the script to see what it spits out, but since there is no way to quantify how reliable the answer it gives is, for now I can't just mass identify everything.

* New Threads / Uploaded MP3 samples can be up to 10MB in size
(but file will be re-encoded @ 96kbps (to be under 1MB) and only the first 90 seconds of audio will be used)

* You can also listen to all the samples from within your browser by just clicking beside the thread
(gone are the days of winamp .m3u/realplayer/swf for browser audio (good riddance!))

Links:

* Identified Tracks Archive - All tracks that have already been ID'd

* Unknown Tracks - ONLY show tracks that still need an ID

* Unknown Tracks

Forumdisplay:
code:

Footer:
code:

Sample email:
code:

ThB303 got his ID after 18 years and replied in the thread!

Patience is rewarded!

Old Post Oct-12-2023 01:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Tracks Section > Unknown Tracks > Uploading of MP3 samples to threads / Identifying old tunes
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAnother old track!! [2002] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHatiras & DJ Dan - "Love For The Weekend" [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread