TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- Bodies with vaginas
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Posted by Vector A on Sep-24-2021 21:40:

Bodies with vaginas

Am I just getting old and out of touch, or are some of the attempts at inclusive language these days really tipping from woke into simply broke?

From this tweet by The Lancet: https://twitter.com/TheLancet/statu...372277786951681

Not women but "bodies with vaginas." Brings to mind a heap of female corpses.

Posted by JEO on Sep-25-2021 00:09:

I guess if you're looking at it from a purely medical perspective, you're really just talking about a body with a vagina, a pussybody. No need to get someone's panties in an unnecessary twist by using any archaic names for it. If it doesn't have anything to do with the ovaries or such, it's still quite a handy name. "Bodies with vaginas, breasts, mammary glands, ovaries, and other cis-female typical features and/or organs" might be awkward to use.

Posted by planetaryplayer on Sep-25-2021 01:37:

my new pronoun is a body with a vagina

Posted by Silky Johnson on Sep-25-2021 03:55:

^^same

Posted by Demoted on Sep-25-2021 09:55:

Can’t we just call them cunts?

Posted by Zoso on Sep-27-2021 14:20:

quote:
Originally posted by Demoted
Can’t we just call them cunts?

The organs or the people?

Posted by Swamper on Sep-27-2021 15:26:

We are living in such strange times... think how much western society has changed in the past 50 years. I wonder what ridiculousness is ahead in the next decade.

On a side note, with regards to terminology, I wonder who has the highest post count in the c0r with old content that would "canceL" them today.

Posted by Silky Johnson on Sep-27-2021 15:57:

Lol uh, would be like 90% of us.

Posted by Zoso on Sep-27-2021 16:14:

Jay in the top 5, for sure.

Posted by planetaryplayer on Sep-27-2021 20:42:

It wasn’t hard to stop calling people fags, whores, sluts. I’ll draw the line when I can’t make fun of Italians or portugese

Posted by Boomer187 on Sep-27-2021 23:33:

I think maybe Ygrene and Echos would be the only two not canceled...but maybe just Ygrene. He's wholesome.

Posted by Silky Johnson on Sep-28-2021 00:02:

EoS was a cunt.

Posted by Swamper on Sep-28-2021 00:12:

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
It wasn’t hard to stop calling people fags, whores, sluts. I’ll draw the line when I can’t make fun of Italians or portugese

portuguese

Posted by Boomer187 on Sep-29-2021 02:35:

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
EoS was a cunt.

oh man I just chuckled way too loud.

Posted by Lews on Oct-02-2021 19:51:

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer

Speak for yourself, slut.

Posted by Vivid Boy on Oct-02-2021 20:40:

Oh I’d be cancelled. And if I were famous my cancellation would not be pretty. I would be like Connor mcgregor on the ground with a broken leg calling my opponents wife a slut and that I once banged her. It would be petty, I’d be crying, it would be the saddest thing you’d ever see as I got wheeled out of there on a stretcher and the lights turned off.

Posted by hoopoe on Oct-08-2021 01:38:

If a cross-section of the people represented by the term have agreed that this is the preferred nomenclature in this scientific context, then I really don't see what the problem is.

Nobody is coming to cancel you for still saying 'women' in your daily life.

Posted by Singularity55 on Oct-14-2021 02:19:

Isn't the term just females anyway? Not a fan of this new woke world. I think it'll just be a trend that will go anyway.

Posted by Swamper on Oct-14-2021 04:10:

quote:
Originally posted by Singularity55
Not a fan of this new woke world. I think it'll just be a trend that will go anyway.

Won't go away that easily as ppl are craving purpose in this world and for some their woke-ness is basically their identity ...without it they'd crumble. Not saying all of it is a farce - however - the amount of faux outrage/groupthink out there is maddening

Posted by Vivid Boy on Oct-14-2021 15:08:

Let the vaginas hit the floor.

Posted by Arbiter on Oct-14-2021 17:11:

I'm no champion of "inclusive" language for its own sake, but there is some merit to linguistic precision, and not all women have vaginas (nor are all people with vaginas women). So I can see the case for not simply using "women."

On the other hand, the decision to use the word "bodies" instead of something more humanizing like, I dunno—"people," maybe?—is pretty baffling. I agree that it evokes the image of corpses, or maybe livestock, which is inclusive only if you're a zombie or a donkey.

In conclusion, I agree that the anatomy and physiology of donkey zombies with vaginas have been neglected, and that should promptly be rectified. Also, "donkey zombies with vaginas" would be a pretty cool name for a band. That's all.

Posted by Silky Johnson on Oct-14-2021 17:57:

quote:
Originally posted by Vivid Boy
Let the vaginas hit the floor.

Till the sweat drips off mahballs.

Posted by Lira on Oct-21-2021 03:42:

As the resident linguist,

Would a considerable number of pre-op trans men and women really feel miscategorised if the word "women" was used in this context?

The members of collective nouns often share a "family resemblance" among themselves (they share some traits in common, but not all, like we resemble our siblings and cousins, but we're not identical), and sometimes you might have what we call a "prototype" (that is, the freakishly rare member that checks all the boxes of properties linked to that group).

If we try to be radically precise with our words all the time, we'll end up talking as if we're drafting a legal document. Also, would they have said "bodies with penises" if the roles were reversed?

Posted by JEO on Oct-21-2021 12:08:

I might be stating the obvious here, but I don't think it's about whether a considerable amount of people feel miscategorized, but rather about whether the loudest ones feel so. This includes people who don't necessarily have anything to do with being transsexual or transgender – or what ever happens to be the subject group(s) – but who just like calling companies out on inane things like this, were they to find a reason to. And, unfortunately, many companies and universities let themselves be held hostage by these seemingly sociopathic people on social media, so I can understand the care they try to take around subjects like this, but it's never as perfect as some would want it to be.

Posted by hoopoe on Oct-21-2021 23:20:

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
If we try to be radically precise with our words all the time, we'll end up talking as if we're drafting a legal document. Also, would they have said "bodies with penises" if the roles were reversed?

Well the OP refers to The Lancet - a medical journal - which is kind of the scientific equivalent of a legal document, so that is almost literally what is happening here.

As a body with a penis it does not bother or register with me in the slightest. If I saw those words written in a scientific context I would just immediately (correctly) conclude that it was referring to something that affects that particular organ, and that there is a range of people who posses such an organ that do not necessarily fall under the term 'man'.

Pages (2): [1] 2 »