TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - Florida
-- WMC Events Masterlist Thread 2015
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »

Posted by ucforange on Feb-26-2015 21:11:

I'm assuming that Luciano party is the first of at least a few SLS pool party announcements.

Sasha has done his Never Say Never thing there the last couple of years so that's a big one to look out for.

Posted by Neonbeats on Feb-26-2015 21:15:

Shelborne having any good pool parties?

Posted by cl384923 on Feb-26-2015 21:17:

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon
Dream Nightclub not hotel.

I didn't even realize there was such a club, mistake on my part, learned something new at least.

Posted by ucforange on Feb-26-2015 21:23:

quote:
Originally posted by cl384923
I didn't even realize there was such a club, mistake on my part, learned something new at least.

Dream the nightclub used to do nothing but trance showcases during WMC. Now I only see one, and the other one Warren/Wisternoff/Cattaneo. Trance really did die! Ultra's ASOT lineup is more EDM than ever. Even Above and Beyond's thing (gotta admit that party does sound like it could be fun, if you can get past some of the cheesy tracks that A&B are bound to play) has people like 16BL whom are completely house and zero trance.

Posted by cl384923 on Feb-26-2015 21:34:

quote:
Originally posted by ucforange
Dream the nightclub used to do nothing but trance showcases during WMC. Now I only see one, and the other one Warren/Wisternoff/Cattaneo. Trance really did die! Ultra's ASOT lineup is more EDM than ever. Even Above and Beyond's thing (gotta admit that party does sound like it could be fun, if you can get past some of the cheesy tracks that A&B are bound to play) has people like 16BL whom are completely house and zero trance.

I think A&B put out a good lineup for that party, its a good mix with guys like 16BL and Lane 8 from the AnjunaDeep sector. I agree with your statement in thinking it could/will be pretty fun, but I really want to see that Paradise lineup before i decide anything.

Posted by cl384923 on Feb-26-2015 21:36:

Shit, yet another monkey wrench in for Thursday.

3/26 - SPACE EL ROW IBIZA presents DEEP DISH + PACO OSUNA (Terrace)

http://www.wantickets.com/Events/Sh...7104&pass=b41c6

Posted by cl384923 on Feb-26-2015 21:45:

Lot of announcements today also if you like House:

3/26 Mansion : Darklight Sessions / Miami Music Week - "Mystery Headliner to be announced soon" obviously Fedde Le Grand with support from Chocolate Puma and Jewelz and Sparks

http://www.wantickets.com/Events/17...ami-Music-Week/

3/29 Mansion closing party : Duke Dumont & MK / MMW Closing Party with support from Jonas Rathsman and Kevin Saunderson

http://www.wantickets.com/Events/17...-Closing-Party/

Posted by ucforange on Feb-26-2015 22:12:

That Deep Dish/Paco thing...damn son.

So glad Im not getting in until Friday. Three days of this shit is enough! Lol

Posted by Rissinite on Feb-26-2015 23:03:

quote:
That Deep Dish/Paco thing...damn son.

So glad Im not getting in until Friday. Three days of this shit is enough! Lol

+1

Was just thinking the exact same. So many parties. I used to go Wed- Mon and then it would literally take a week for my brain and body to recover. Those FU bands took years off my life.

Posted by Cool1g on Feb-26-2015 23:21:

wow - FU bands only $599 this year and include Surfcomber + Raleigh. not bad!

link: http://bit.ly/1FZDLkl

Posted by ucforange on Feb-27-2015 00:15:

quote:
Originally posted by Cool1g
wow - FU bands only $599 this year and include Surfcomber + Raleigh. not bad!

link: http://bit.ly/1FZDLkl

I'm doing 5 events and spent $150 give or take a few bucks for comparison's sake. Yeah it's all access but Trade, Story, Treehouse, Steam, Cafeina, SLS, etc are not part of the "all-access."

They used to include open bar with the F-U bands. NOW that is a good deal! The alcohol is what gets you. They figure you're gonna be using the shit out of the band (to get what you think is value for the $600 you spent on it) so you're bouncing around to these venues day and night for 5 straight days. That's 5 days of non-stop ordering drinks and shit from the bar. The $600 turns into $2600 real fast! These club operators know what the fuck they're doing when it comes to making money. Hook them with a "value-priced" F-U band and they're gonna be spending all their disposable WMC income on liquor at clubs/hotels that we own or have business dealings with.

Just the thought alone makes me feel like I'm in the middle of the worst post-WMC hangover mankind has ever known.

Posted by Faceplant on Feb-27-2015 01:13:

3 days is even too much for me. By Sunday im usually on another planet after lack of sleep, binge drinking, and other unhealthy habits

Posted by Rissinite on Feb-27-2015 01:27:

I'd get my money's worth on the first night of the Loco/ Marco marathon at the bar 🍸

Posted by Cool1g on Feb-27-2015 02:11:

yeah those were the days with the open bar.

i still think $600 isn't bad for no-wait entry into Space and the Raleigh/Surfcomber parties.... but yeah no comparison to the old open bar bracelets.

Posted by civicstyle on Feb-27-2015 02:15:

quote:
Shit, yet another monkey wrench in for Thursday.

3/26 - SPACE EL ROW IBIZA presents DEEP DISH + PACO OSUNA (Terrace)

http://www.wantickets.com/Events/Sh...7104&pass=b41c6

Got tickets to the Markus Schulz party, you think they will allow access to upstairs for this, as well?

Posted by ucforange on Feb-27-2015 02:23:

quote:
Originally posted by civicstyle
Got tickets to the Markus Schulz party, you think they will allow access to upstairs for this, as well?

Probably not. I would sell the Schulz tickets at the door to somebody without a presale and just buy terrace tickets online. Youll get your money back and not have to worry about getting shafted.

Posted by wezvidz on Feb-27-2015 03:16:

per Disclosure FB:

WILD LIFE is coming to Miami!! Two days, two parties. Tickets on sale tomorrow 12pm (EST)
Justin Martin Music Page, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, DJ EZ, Carl Craig, Claude VonStroke, Just Blaze, Felix Da Housecat, Kevin Saunderson & Jonas Rathsman

Thurs SOHO Studios 3/26 8p-3a
Disclosure, Justin Martin, TEED, DJEZ, Carl Craig

Friday Thompson Miami Beach 12p-11a
Disclosure, Claude Von Stroke, Just Blaze, Felix Da Housecat, Kevin Saunderson

That Thursday night show for me is like a perfect lineup, interested in how this venue is? and it ends 3am?? Might be alternative to Paradise for us

Posted by Faceplant on Feb-27-2015 03:26:

Soho studios is sick. Don't know which portion they are using. I went to life and death 2 years ago and they used the smaller front room and the outside patio and it was great. iii points was there in October and they used the small front area, the outside area and the ajoining huge warehouse area. It was a great set up. Pretty sure it ends at 3am cause of wynwood liquor rules.

Posted by ucforange on Feb-27-2015 03:35:

With the talk several days ago regarding lack of parties and a dying WMC, it will be interesting to see some sort of financial #s after it is all said and done. There are so many great parties at great venues just like there always is. I agree the releases are slower than last year but at this point WMC is looking like another enormous week all the way around. The music itself (nonEDM) is catching fire, period. More Americans are into it and are aware of this little shindig that happens in Miami every March... Plus it is a great excuse to get out of whatever frozen winterworld they live in and enjoy Miami march weather. I guess we will see what happens....

I do agree that certain DJs and camps might be turned off by it for whatever reason but I dont think they will be missed much at all with the sheer volume and high quality of the parties.

Posted by ucforange on Feb-27-2015 04:18:

quote:
Lot of announcements today also if you like House:

3/26 Mansion : Darklight Sessions / Miami Music Week - "Mystery Headliner to be announced soon" obviously Fedde Le Grand with support from Chocolate Puma and Jewelz and Sparks

http://www.wantickets.com/Events/17...ami-Music-Week/

3/29 Mansion closing party : Duke Dumont & MK / MMW Closing Party with support from Jonas Rathsman and Kevin Saunderson

http://www.wantickets.com/Events/17...-Closing-Party/

Dont laugh but the Fedde party could be fun. I stumbled into Space last August around 430 after seeing HS82 play a bomb set at Story and i actually had a good time. He played this minimalish trappy stuff at about 530 that had everyonw in a WTF mode yet the crowd went with it. Def nothing cutting edge from Fedde that night but he played a cool fun tech house set for the most part. He seems like a decent guy that hasnt lost the ability to read a room like Space. And then Louis Puig brougjt the house down. And Choc Puma are legit househead DJs. This is one of those girl friendly events that even us hardcore obsessed music guys could still have a blast at.

Just wanted to throw that out there. Of course, if i was looking for a girl friendly event on Thursday Paradise probably wins.

Posted by HALO555 on Feb-27-2015 06:53:

Posted by cl384923 on Feb-27-2015 13:50:

quote:
Dont laugh but the Fedde party could be fun. I stumbled into Space last August around 430 after seeing HS82 play a bomb set at Story and i actually had a good time. He played this minimalish trappy stuff at about 530 that had everyonw in a WTF mode yet the crowd went with it. Def nothing cutting edge from Fedde that night but he played a cool fun tech house set for the most part. He seems like a decent guy that hasnt lost the ability to read a room like Space. And then Louis Puig brougjt the house down. And Choc Puma are legit househead DJs. This is one of those girl friendly events that even us hardcore obsessed music guys could still have a blast at.

Just wanted to throw that out there. Of course, if i was looking for a girl friendly event on Thursday Paradise probably wins.

I wouldn't argue that at all, I happen to like Chocolate Puma and I think Fedde overall is a pretty good dj/producer, but that being said with that party being at Mansion it makes me lose hope a bit for darker stuff but who knows and there is so many other good options on Thursday.

Posted by cl384923 on Feb-27-2015 14:34:

Made it official to round out the week:

Sat 3/28 - Story - Music On - Marco w/Appolonia

No tickets just yet.

Posted by OrangestO on Feb-27-2015 14:49:

Did Swamper make you re-post all those event threads you deleted?

Lol.

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Feb-27-2015 15:21:

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Did Swamper make you re-post all those event threads you deleted?

Lol.

I don't know why they all came back. It's like he re-instated them lol

Now it's just all cluttered again.

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »