TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - Florida
-- WMC Events Masterlist Thread 2015
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »

Posted by LSG on Feb-17-2015 17:32:

Anyone know if Ushuaia Ibiza will be doing Pool Paty events @ SLS this year?

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Feb-17-2015 17:35:

quote:
Originally posted by LSG
Anyone know if Ushuaia Ibiza will be doing Pool Paty events @ SLS this year?

Haven't heard a peep. Just from looking at things it seems Miami is becoming irrelevant. A lot of guys skipping it. It's to expensive is the thing I keep hearing from a lot of guys. There's really no point for them to leave Europe. BPM has taken a bit of Miami's steam in my opinion.

Posted by LSG on Feb-17-2015 18:42:

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon
Haven't heard a peep. Just from looking at things it seems Miami is becoming irrelevant. A lot of guys skipping it. It's to expensive is the thing I keep hearing from a lot of guys. There's really no point for them to leave Europe. BPM has taken a bit of Miami's steam in my opinion.

That sucks, had a great time last year @ The Ants party! Great setup they had as well.

Still so many parties have not yet been announced, every year it takes longer and longer to release parties.

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Feb-17-2015 19:35:

quote:
Originally posted by LSG
That sucks, had a great time last year @ The Ants party! Great setup they had as well.

Still so many parties have not yet been announced, every year it takes longer and longer to release parties.

In my opinion it's taking longer and longer because nobody is really sure if Miami is worth it these days.

Posted by ucforange on Feb-17-2015 19:46:

quote:
In my opinion it's taking longer and longer because nobody is really sure if Miami is worth it these days.

I know and trust your info but IMO you might be jumping the gun here. Give it until March...I bet some big raves will somehow come together. Last year was the biggest WMC yet and this year all of a sudden BPM has destroyed WMCs mystique? Not buying it. Just saying patience is needed.

That aside.... AnjunaDEEP @ Cafeina Wynwood!! Booooom!! Tix bought.

Posted by cl384923 on Feb-17-2015 20:21:

quote:
Originally posted by ucforange
I know and trust your info but IMO you might be jumping the gun here. Give it until March...I bet some big raves will somehow come together. Last year was the biggest WMC yet and this year all of a sudden BPM has destroyed WMCs mystique? Not buying it. Just saying patience is needed.

/878fc8ef-3021-431c-8bba-94517dd2f655.jpg[/IMG]

Can you send me the link, or post it on here? I signed up for the presale but never got the email!

EDIT: Nevermind the panic mode, just came through, tix bought.

Posted by ucforange on Feb-17-2015 20:30:

quote:
Originally posted by cl384923
Can you send me the link, or post it on here? I signed up for the presale but never got the email!

You got it

http://www.wantickets.com/Events/176350/ANJUNADEEP/

Posted by cl384923 on Feb-17-2015 20:35:

quote:
You got it

http://www.wantickets.com/Events/176350/ANJUNADEEP/

thanks man, appreciate that.

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Feb-17-2015 21:10:

quote:

I wish I could say everything I knew but I can't. Also, I dealt with way to many agents this year (7 parties we booked for) a ton just are keeping their guys in Europe because 1. BPM is more money for them 2. Europe now has a festival in London April, DGTL in April, Timewarp in April and many more 3. Miami is just to damn expensive for these guys to come here for a week, rent hotel/house, flights and transport. I didn't mean it's just BPM. Bringing up BPM meant they just did a beach festival for 10days which in my opinion has way more to offer than Miami and is a third of the price.

We were trying to bring Adriatique but they aren't coming either. The majority of Diynamic is staying home.

Posted by ucforange on Feb-17-2015 21:26:

quote:
I wish I could say everything I knew but I can't. Also, I dealt with way to many agents this year (7 parties we booked for) a ton just are keeping their guys in Europe because 1. BPM is more money for them 2. Europe now has a festival in London April, DGTL in April, Timewarp in April and many more 3. Miami is just to damn expensive for these guys to come here for a week, rent hotel/house, flights and transport. I didn't mean it's just BPM. Bringing up BPM meant they just did a beach festival for 10days which in my opinion has way more to offer than Miami and is a third of the price.

We were trying to bring Adriatique but they aren't coming either. The majority of Diynamic is staying home.

If so, that's a shame and in my opinion, myopic.

In my eyes, I have noticed a lot of prominent DJs over the last several years who have stated that they enjoy coming to American and furthering the techno/deep house scene that has been blossoming.

To stay in Europe and forego the biggest and best single week party in the dance music universe over the last 15 years or so on the account of things being a little bit of a pain in the ass is disheartening and kind of shows the true colors of some of these DJs and agents. I guess it's not about traveling the world and playing dope shows in places in America. It's about staying in Europe and throwing countless festivals and big events for the almighty dollar.

It's a load of bullshit if you ask me. Glad to see my absolute favorite DJs stay true at least this year: Drumcode crew, Bedrock crew, the Anjunadeep guys, etc.

If these new-and-comers like the Dystopian cats and Adriatique and their agents think things are too much of a pain in the ass, then cry me a fuckin river. Stay over in Europe and do a million of the same festivals over and over again.

And I'm not bringing up Ibiza because that is irrelevant. It's obvious that Ibiza is it's own entity and that phenomenon will never cease to exist. It's like death and taxes.

But how many festivals and warehouse parties can Germany/Netherlands/England/Croatia really throw? Fuck it seems like every weekend over in Europe during the summer there's another huge one going on, but it's too much for them to come here during WMC. So stupid.

And I get that BPM is a huge success but that is in Mexico, and the logistics of that weekend are just a huge pain in the ass for a lot of normal working people. It is directly after all the holidays. And as much reviews as I here people tell me about how good PDC and BPM is, I just cannot fathom how it really compares on a serious level to Miami, where you have every and any sort of venue imaginable, from a true elite after-hours super club like Space, to sick underground spaces like Treehouse and Trade, to posh, sophisticated lounge spaces like FDR-Delano, not to mention the world-class hotels and pools. And then you have the downtown and Wynwood gems like Cafeina and Steam. Not even talking about the big venues that for some reason aren't being utilized in 2015 (if this is all true). And it's MIAMI. PDC is not Miami and it never will be. And I am definitely going to BPM at some point so I'm not hating but I just don't buy it that BPM is an overall better time thatn WMC (provided you have the money and logistics on lock).

Posted by ucforange on Feb-17-2015 21:50:

Oh and don't take personal offense to any of my opinions, Donnie, you are literally the best poster on the forum, I just like to vent my opinions!

Like the Colin Cowherd of FLTA.

Posted by cl384923 on Feb-17-2015 22:12:

Thumbs up

quote:
[i][b]

It's a load of bullshit if you ask me. Glad to see my absolute favorite DJs stay true at least this year: Drumcode crew, Bedrock crew, the Anjunadeep guys, etc.

But how many festivals and warehouse parties can Germany/Netherlands/England/Croatia really throw? Fuck it seems like every weekend over in Europe during the summer there's another huge one going on, but it's too much for them to come here during WMC. So stupid.

And it's MIAMI. PDC is not Miami and it never will be.

Just wanted to add on as everything you said was fair and very true. The main stays seem to keep coming back so A+ for that. The festivals in Europe do seem endless nowadays having been to a few (Awakenings last summer being my favorite) they do tend to be better than what we have but that's still no excuse to miss a killer week.

On top of that, I've been to Miami dozens of times, but never for WMC, MMW and i just went to BPM for the first time this year and it was pretty killer even rivaling Ibiza even if for only the one week in winter. PDC will never be miami but it is a lot lot cheaper. Im excited to make the comparison of the two this year while its still fresh in mind.

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Feb-17-2015 22:12:

quote:
Oh and don't take personal offense to any of my opinions, Donnie, you are literally the best poster on the forum, I just like to vent my opinions!

Like the Colin Cowherd of FLTA.

Not taken personal at all! I like these sorts of discussions.

Everything I've run into is about it not being feasible anymore coming to Miami. You have at least 5 days of hotel. That's a $1,000 there. You have plane flight from lets say London $1000. All the promoters are looking for dirt cheap rates, myself included. That means these guys need to book 3 gigs just to break even on the week. Honestly, I love Miami but that vibe in Mexico and European festivals is something that doesn't happen here (steam is the closest vibe to europe I have seen). Case in point I did the accommodations last week for an artist. 5 nights hotel $1,276 dollars in Hotel. Compared to I spent 12 nights in Mexico in two beautiful villas for a total of $1,600. Just trust me when I say you will see year over year going forward the drop off in people coming for WMC. It's not just artist, it's for the traveler as well coming from Europe it's expensive! The pound and Euro go a lot further in Mexico than they do here. It's hard for the Europeans to turn right back around and head to miami 60 days later. I mean the Euro in Mexico was 18 pesos and the pound was over 20 pesos, the USA is $1.50.

Last year at this time we had over 100 parties released, Ultra was sold out, compared to this year about 60 parties released and Ultra just opened the third tier of tickets. Miami during the year is awesome, don't get me wrong but there is so much better than here.

Sure Europe has a festival every week in the summer but like real estate it's location, location, location. Miami can't compete on that level. Sure we have nice venues with sound systems and $20 drinks and $10 beer but personally it doesn't touch the venues around the rest of the world. Europe this summer I was in parties at 1600 Bath house, old villas, beaches, jungles, docks and even a park in Montepellier. Mexico you have dance floors on the sand, cenote parties, jungle parties, proper club nights, plenty of outdoor venues and plenty of afterhours if you know where to look.

I will always give as much info as I can without getting in trouble. I wish I could say everything I know but unfortunately I can't. Remember this was my first year dealing with agents and it surprised me as well hearing these things but then I sat back and said shit, that makes sense.

Personally, I liked Playa better than WMC week. The cabbies are pretty fair (besides Blue Venado) and BPM counter acted that by making a set price for the trip, it's way cheaper than Miami (hotel,drinks,food,party favors) and it's just a beautiful setting on the Riveria Maya. You can take a couple days and hit ruins and swim in caves and zip line. Miami you can go to Overtown and Little Haiti.

Posted by Rissinite on Feb-18-2015 01:23:

Calderone playing the Loft for DC per Twitter

Posted by Neonbeats on Feb-18-2015 02:09:

How bad do they pack in Space Terrace for WMC? Is it unbearable sardines or can you have a good time?

Posted by chillenandy321 on Feb-18-2015 02:12:

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
How bad do they pack in Space Terrace for WMC? Is it unbearable sardines or can you have a good time?

Last year from Drumcode it wasn't that bad actually. Seen worse other times..

Posted by Franknbeanz420 on Feb-18-2015 02:22:

Ive not seen space super packed since WMC 2004 when I went to see Tiesto. Its been quite comfortable for me every year since

Posted by OrangestO on Feb-18-2015 03:46:

I wish there were more names at WMC who weren't usual suspects of the touring circuit in the U.S.

Personally, I'd love to see Garnier and Babicz.

A lot of these guys who have announced parties travel through Miami during other times of the year. For us Floridians, it doesn't make much financial sense to splurge on this week unless you're either a) loaded or b) again, checking out guys and gals who don't venture this way often.

Sure, in North America, Miami is still the hub for dance music. But as was stated before, with the increasing popularity of this thing, there are more options scattered across more lands across the globe. Considering the expense and energy it takes keep up with the scene, people are of course going to narrow their options to the ones that present the most benefits for the right budget.

My two cents, anyways.

Posted by OrangestO on Feb-18-2015 04:01:

BTW, I think it's messed up the Dynamic homies aren't coming to Miami.

Yea, they've had recent bookings there, but it definitely feels like a snub. As one of the premier/better-known labels in the world, they should have a presence.

Posted by Neonbeats on Feb-18-2015 04:09:

I wonder if Ultra not selling out has anything to do with parties announcing later.

I'm still in denial about Enter not happening so I'm going with Ultra made Enter take down their promo pic

Posted by ucforange on Feb-18-2015 04:22:

quote:

Ehh ill be honest. For big shows like Pryda: PACKED. Until 430 or 5. Thins out a little. But the vibe is so good its still a great time. Just smoke a bowl or two and down some shots to take the edge off for a couple hours. At 6 am the vibe and crowd is great.

Posted by chillenandy321 on Feb-18-2015 12:47:

Bump top. Spam is crazy!

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Feb-18-2015 14:05:

quote:
I wonder if Ultra not selling out has anything to do with parties announcing later.

I'm still in denial about Enter not happening so I'm going with Ultra made Enter take down their promo pic

I've heard a few rumors on this topic concerning artists and Ultra. I don't if they are true or not but I'll fill you in.

RUMOR MILL: If you're playing Ultra you can only play one other gig that week in town.

Like I said I don't know how true that is, so take it with a grain of salt.

Posted by cl384923 on Feb-18-2015 15:01:

quote:
I've heard a few rumors on this topic concerning artists and Ultra. I don't if they are true or not but I'll fill you in.

RUMOR MILL: If you're playing Ultra you can only play one other gig that week in town.

Like I said I don't know how true that is, so take it with a grain of salt.

Guy Gerber would be one guy breaking that rule playing at Wall with Behrouz and Rumors for Red Bull Guest House (unless he didnt play his own showcase). Mano Le Tough another playing Maeve showcase and being announced for Last Resort. I would also say its a safe bet Marco Carola will do Music On at Story as well as his b2b with Loco at Space. Chus and Ceballos also playing multiple different events/venues.

I wouldnt put anything past Ultra for pulling that, but there are definitely some exceptions if that is the case.

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Feb-18-2015 15:05:

quote:
Originally posted by cl384923
Guy Gerber would be one guy breaking that rule playing at Wall with Behrouz and Rumors for Red Bull Guest House (unless he didnt play his own showcase). Mano Le Tough another playing Maeve showcase and being announced for Last Resort. I would also say its a safe bet Marco Carola will do Music On at Story as well as his b2b with Loco at Space. Chus and Ceballos also playing multiple different events/venues.

I wouldnt put anything past Ultra for pulling that, but there are definitely some exceptions if that is the case.

Not everyone is on that contract. Guy, Mano, C&C probably not the ones.

Think guys like Joris, Jamie, Damian, Dixon, Dice etc etc.

You'll see a lot of things like Special set from Label Head.

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »