TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - Florida
-- WMC Events Masterlist Thread 2015
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »

Posted by PatMcGroin on Jan-29-2015 19:32:

quote:
Originally posted by BPM_PHL
Mussette is that bad?

Damn I was considering Bohemian Yacht club and/or Stereo.

it kinda sucks but you can still have fun. i had a blast on the nick/hernan cruise last year. and honestly the beer was the cheapest i saw all wmc. cant remember the price exactly but i wanna say 4-5 bucks?

Posted by PatMcGroin on Jan-29-2015 19:33:

also will update this thread again. theres a couple new things i saw pop up but im swapped at the moment. jumped on a train last sat night and got to berghain sunday morning and yea. my weeks been all sorts of fucked since.

edit: the fact that i cant spell swamped tells you all you need to know.

Posted by bdr222 on Jan-29-2015 19:50:

quote:
Originally posted by PatMcGroin
it kinda sucks but you can still have fun. i had a blast on the nick/hernan cruise last year. and honestly the beer was the cheapest i saw all wmc. cant remember the price exactly but i wanna say 4-5 bucks?

Yeah beers were $4-5 bucks and liquor wasn't expensive either. I get tanked everytime I board that cow.

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Jan-29-2015 20:10:

quote:
Originally posted by ucforange
Donnie: what can you tell us about the big massive parties a la last year's Ice Palace parties, that other one they do on the beach (No Sugar Added, I think last year's sucked though IIRC), etc?

I guess there's a difference of opinion regarding the big parties vs small parties -- I'm of the camp that you can do the smaller shows in Miami pretty much any weekend of the year so I love to do the big massive shows with crazy production for WMC.

If Ice Palace isn't doing anything, then there's gotta be someone else picking up that slack, no?

It's not my place to get into details but I know the people who did last year, from what I've heard aren't doing anything there.

I know there will be a dope warehouse in use all week. Big space. Unmute did a party there during basel.

RC Cola plant is a cool space I hope to see utilized.

Honestly I like the smaller production parties. Steam is going to have a top notch lineup all week. The production will be on point there as well and the patio will be hooked up too.

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Jan-29-2015 20:13:

quote:
Originally posted by Faceplant
http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?679041

How is this boat? I'm over the shit hole mussette. That pos reminds me of a party bus I took in my college days.

Also mr Lowe are the vip tickets open bar?

This boat is small intimate party I think about 70 people max, that may be high as well. So you're getting a nice proper set with Jody. I'm finding out about the open bar as well. I'll get back with an answer.

It's not that the Musette is shitty, it's the owner isn't the greatest. Honestly opening the Nick and Hernan boat last year was such a struggle with her constantly coming up and saying shit to us. How do you expect us to play when we have to turn off the monitors

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Jan-29-2015 20:49:

quote:
http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?679041

How is this boat? I'm over the shit hole mussette. That pos reminds me of a party bus I took in my college days.

Also mr Lowe are the vip tickets open bar?

Yes open bar and snacks on this. Tickets will go quick as well. Not a lot of left at the moment. FYI The early bird ends at 5pm today!! 30 mins left to scoop those up

Posted by Neonbeats on Jan-30-2015 00:09:

Just saw that Above and Beyond are doing some party on the Thursday for people who like that sort of thing....

Good news on the big warehouse space. Hopefully it's used for quality events and not Cheese.

Posted by Faceplant on Jan-30-2015 00:37:

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon
Yes open bar and snacks on this. Tickets will go quick as well. Not a lot of left at the moment. FYI The early bird ends at 5pm today!! 30 mins left to scoop those up
missed out damn it. Is a boat booked yet? Which boat? Any chance u got hard tickets for sale?

This seems more up my alley. Deep house guys who appreciate hip hop and names who will oh attract a certain quality crowd

Posted by OrangestO on Jan-30-2015 02:53:

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Jan-30-2015 13:52:

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
Just saw that Above and Beyond are doing some party on the Thursday for people who like that sort of thing....

Good news on the big warehouse space. Hopefully it's used for quality events and not Cheese.

It won't be cheese.

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Jan-30-2015 13:55:

quote:
missed out damn it. Is a boat booked yet? Which boat? Any chance u got hard tickets for sale?

This seems more up my alley. Deep house guys who appreciate hip hop and names who will oh attract a certain quality crowd

Nope just early bird tickets are sold out. Regular tickets are up for $20 higher now. No hard tickets for this since it's not worth the money to print them. Our buddy pretty much just covers the cost of the bookings and the boat and eats the price on the liquor. Let me get all the details on boat for you guys. Sorry a bit behind since we are trying to finalize 3 other parties on the Musette and trying to get everything finished for the picnic (which I just locked in a great artist for this one. Mexico worked for something lol )

Posted by StereoPrincess on Jan-30-2015 14:31:

quote:
It's not my place to get into details but I know the people who did last year, from what I've heard aren't doing anything there.

I know there will be a dope warehouse in use all week. Big space. Unmute did a party there during basel.

RC Cola plant is a cool space I hope to see utilized.

Honestly I like the smaller production parties. Steam is going to have a top notch lineup all week. The production will be on point there as well and the patio will be hooked up too.

this is good to know! thanks for the insider scoop.

Posted by Donnie Gryphon on Jan-30-2015 21:15:

quote:

Boat just sold out.

Posted by Franknbeanz420 on Jan-30-2015 21:52:

Markus Schulz

Anyone know of or heard if Schulz will be doing any solo nights this year? I see he has a cold harbor night at space ive never had a chance to go to any of those how are they?

Posted by PatMcGroin on Jan-31-2015 01:51:

Re: Markus Schulz

quote:
Originally posted by Franknbeanz420
Anyone know of or heard if Schulz will be doing any solo nights this year? I see he has a cold harbor night at space ive never had a chance to go to any of those how are they?

skip it. markus hasnt been on point for a few years now and theres so much amazing music out there. use wmc as the opportunity it is and expand!

Posted by ucforange on Jan-31-2015 02:36:

Re: Re: Markus Schulz

quote:
Originally posted by PatMcGroin
skip it. markus hasnt been on point for a few years now and theres so much amazing music out there. use wmc as the opportunity it is and expand!

QFT.

Im convinced I saw Markus play his last great set back in 2013 on the first Sunday of WMC on the Terrace. And even the first 2.5 hours of that sucked before he got into the ripping, driving Coldharbour, progressive trance with techno sprinkled in.

Every review from ppl I trust that have seen him since have said hes been really bad. Judging by some listens to live sets, id have to agree.

Posted by Faceplant on Jan-31-2015 02:38:

quote:
Boat just sold out.
i guess I won't be getting nautical with u guys... So it goes

Posted by OrangestO on Jan-31-2015 15:07:

quote:
i guess I won't be getting nautical with u guys... So it goes

Slaughterhouse-Five.

Posted by chillenandy321 on Jan-31-2015 19:26:

When do Ultra tickets get mailed out? Might snag a 3 day ticket. That Resistance stage is pretty awesome! Trade is bringing lots of good events, but damn it ends at 5am... We need to make a thread for party schedule for us TA's

Posted by ucforange on Jan-31-2015 19:47:

quote:
Originally posted by chillenandy321
When do Ultra tickets get mailed out? Might snag a 3 day ticket. That Resistance stage is pretty awesome! Trade is bringing lots of good events, but damn it ends at 5am... We need to make a thread for party schedule for us TA's

Yeah Ultras lineup is dope. Id totally be there if the tickets werent $500. I would do 300 but 400 is way too high let alone 500. The production will be top notch though. The Cox tent is always such a blast.

Posted by Innocence Lost on Jan-31-2015 19:53:

quote:
Originally posted by chillenandy321
We need to make a thread for party schedule for us TA's

I did it last year, might as well do it again this year.

Posted by civicstyle on Jan-31-2015 19:54:

So far for me:

Wednesday: Detroit Love - CLR Showcase @ Trade

Thursday: Markus Schulz presents Coldharbour Recordings Night @ Space (Main Room)

Friday: Steve Lawler Cruise @ Biscayne Lady

Saturday: Open

Sunday : Open

Monday: Fly home.

Posted by Neonbeats on Jan-31-2015 22:43:

quote:
It won't be cheese.

waiting patiently....

Posted by Rissinite on Jan-31-2015 23:38:

Waaaaaay too early fellas...

Posted by civicstyle on Feb-01-2015 00:38:

quote:
Originally posted by Rissinite
Waaaaaay too early fellas...

I know, I just like to plan early and am awere the plans will change.

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »