TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- Holy Shit, this place is still here?!?
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »

Posted by MisterOpus1 on Aug-09-2020 04:35:

Holy Shit, this place is still here?!?

Jesus Christ, talk about some serious nostalgia! Any old school folks still around? Nice to see the old stomping ground is still kickin’.

Welp, that was fun. See you all again in a few years......

Posted by Trance-M on Aug-09-2020 19:54:

Just don't think you're the only old one here

Posted by pkcRAISTLIN on Aug-11-2020 07:43:

Re: Holy Shit, this place is still here?!?

quote:
Originally posted by MisterOpus1
Jesus Christ, talk about some serious nostalgia! Any old school folks still around? Nice to see the old stomping ground is still kickin’.

Welp, that was fun. See you all again in a few years......

hey buddy! how's things? i hope you've been well.

a few oldies have been checking in during lockdown. even arbiter was hanging around recently in the COVID thread.

Posted by Boomer187 on Aug-13-2020 18:36:

dude you are old!

Posted by Omega_Blue on Aug-13-2020 20:26:

holy shit, it's pkc and boomer. also i see jennypie lurking...

i just built a new PC and was logging into old accounts/saving old passwords so figured eh why not log in?

i know a lot of you guys are on TA 2.0 on FB but i deleted my account long ago, and i just wanted to say that TA was a huge influence on my formative years as a teen. i really appreciated this forum and all of the great people i met at that point in my life.

I'm in my 30s now and it really feels unreal how much time has passed. i miss you guys a lot, and i hope you guys are doing great, and you're achieving what you want in life.

maybe if there's TA discord or something i'll join up. take care of yourselves everyone. much love, admiration, and respect.

Posted by Omega_Blue on Aug-13-2020 20:35:

also, there was a period of my life where i wasn't doing great, and just within the past oh 3 or 4 years have i gotten my shit together, and it probably took another year for me to feel "normal" again with regards to being creative, productive, socialable, etc.

i gave up on music for a long time. but within the past year or so i've gotten heavily back into creating, mixing, producing... with the caveat that it's all within this specific niche of video game series. lmao. i'd share it but eh.

point is you would be shocked to hear so many zoomers totally impressed by (imo) simplistic mixing techniques. we were a different breed, maaaaaaaaan

now pardon me while i shake a cane at the sky and yell at a cloud

Posted by Arbiter on Aug-14-2020 20:50:

Hello there and goodbye, old man.

Posted by Lira on Aug-15-2020 20:54:

TA doesn't run on actual servers. We're all dreaming of this place, and it will be here until the last of us dies out.

I suspect it all happened when Swamper raved a bit too hard to Paul Van Dyk... and now here we are!

Posted by Mr.Mystery on Aug-15-2020 22:07:

Nah.

Posted by bananas on Aug-21-2020 12:44:

out

Posted by Lews on Aug-21-2020 13:12:

There was a Discord but I'm not sure if it ever was used?

Posted by 3jaz on Aug-21-2020 16:15:

oww... agree..

Swampy?

anyone?

Role call?

Posted by Paradox Lost on Aug-21-2020 20:23:

quote:
Originally posted by Omega_Blue
holy shit, it's pkc and boomer. also i see jennypie lurking...

i just built a new PC and was logging into old accounts/saving old passwords so figured eh why not log in?

i know a lot of you guys are on TA 2.0 on FB but i deleted my account long ago, and i just wanted to say that TA was a huge influence on my formative years as a teen. i really appreciated this forum and all of the great people i met at that point in my life.

I'm in my 30s now and it really feels unreal how much time has passed. i miss you guys a lot, and i hope you guys are doing great, and you're achieving what you want in life.

maybe if there's TA discord or something i'll join up. take care of yourselves everyone. much love, admiration, and respect.

I spent the earlier half of the 2000's on the DI forums, though I occasionally checked out TA before registering, but was put off by how cluttered and overwhelming the activity felt. Imagine.

Always nice when retired TA's make an appearance, because I occasionally find myself wondering: what if some of the people we used to regularly chat with are, like...dead? Checking into a thread ten years later is the vBulletin version of marking yourself safe on Facebook.

Posted by Swamper on Aug-21-2020 22:02:

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
Checking into a thread ten years later is the vBulletin version of marking yourself safe on Facebook.

This is TA Quote Hall of Fame material.

Posted by Pulze on Sep-17-2020 21:46:

My goodness. I used to troll EddiZilker and Lira with 2 alts here. Fun times

Posted by Lira on Sep-17-2020 22:18:

quote:
Originally posted by Pulze
My goodness. I used to troll EddiZilker and Lira with 2 alts here. Fun times

You did? Who are/were you? Well, I'm glad I helped, I guess

Posted by Pulze on Sep-18-2020 08:43:

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
You did? Who are/were you? Well, I'm glad I helped, I guess

Well you rarely took the bait (although sometimes you did) but Eddie along with several others. Oh my goodness, lol. I remember he suddenly stopped posting here. I think he had to study? Im not sure. Did he ever start posting again?

The alts where znack and de+

Posted by saluyamo on Sep-18-2020 10:08:

I joined this place when I was a young nerdy teen who lacked social skills and by the time I was at the age that I could have interacted properly with members I had really stopped using the site.

I remember randoms like Bas, Le Freak & Lilith because I still have mixes from them that I've not listened to in +3 years.

I went on a hunt for new stuff from Magnetonium only to read about the sad news.

I came back yesterday only because I was after a track from Rebel9's Mad Monkey mix. It's weird seeing names on a screen that I know should mean nothing but still bring me back to my old room trying to impress randoms about my knowledge of trance and DJ mixes.

Posted by Lira on Sep-19-2020 04:24:

quote:
Originally posted by Pulze
sometimes you did

(...)

znack

Haha, I think I did a couple of times, yeah!

I hope all is well with you in... Denmark, was it?

Posted by Ygrene on Oct-02-2020 01:31:

How much did he tip

Posted by Zoso on Oct-02-2020 15:04:

Energy Hax, confirmed!

Posted by Omega_M on Oct-10-2020 11:55:

Unhappy

It's probably been a decade since I've posted here...It shows my last login as Feb 2019. I keep coming back for nostalgia. I'm getting old...*sigh*

Posted by Lira on Oct-11-2020 01:18:

quote:
Originally posted by Omega_M
It's probably been a decade since I've posted here...It shows my last login as Feb 2019. I keep coming back for nostalgia. I'm getting old...*sigh*

Hey, hey, नमस्कार! How's everything?

Posted by astroboy on Oct-21-2020 04:55:

Hello fellow travellers!

Posted by _Ocean_Drive_ on Oct-21-2020 13:41:

quote:
Originally posted by Ygrene
How much did he tip

z0mg ygrene wtf!11!1eleventyone!

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »