TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (32): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »

Posted by Zoso on Mar-28-2020 14:19:

I'm here to help, always.

Posted by planetaryplayer on Mar-28-2020 14:24:

I never knew milking snakes was on rann’s resume

Posted by Silky Johnson on Mar-28-2020 15:02:

Someone should tell him that's not what is meant by "suck the poison out."

Posted by planetaryplayer on Mar-28-2020 15:51:

B4 it’s too late. At this rate he’s surely gone to squeezing ink out of squids

Posted by Dykes_on_Jay on Mar-28-2020 16:13:

In the land of the blind, the one eyed snake is king.

Posted by Zoso on Mar-28-2020 16:23:

In the land of one-eyed snakes, the small and insignificant ones are, well, small and insignificant.

Posted by Dykes_on_Jay on Mar-28-2020 16:36:

I'm big in China

Posted by Vector A on Mar-29-2020 16:34:

There's a proposal to leapfrog the usual vaccine development process by injecting healthy volunteers with potential vaccines and deliberately trying to infect them with SARS-CoV-2, potentially giving results within months rather than years:

https://dash.harvard.edu/bitstream/...e=2&isAllowed=y

This is coming from Harvard, btw, not some fringe thing.

Posted by Trance-M on Mar-29-2020 17:51:

Also here they are working hard on a vaccine. I heard yesterday that tomorrow they have to pick one of the 10 possible vaccines they made. It takes a bit longer compared to the vaccine which currently is tested in the US.
The US uses a new method, while over here they use a basis which was used for other vaccines. It might have some benefits as they have a lot of experience with part of the vaccine.
Big chance it will be tested in the US first due to regulations over here.

Although tests possibly won't start until November, the production already will be started.

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2020/...cine-abroad-fd/

Posted by Ted Promo on Mar-29-2020 21:34:

The number of cases in the United States has surpassed the number of registered members of TranceAddict

Posted by Ted Promo on Mar-29-2020 23:22:

The kill count in the USA is projected to surpass the amount of TranceAddicts as well

Posted by Zoso on Mar-30-2020 10:17:

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Promo
The number of cases in the United States has surpassed the number of registered members of TranceAddict

We gotta up our game, then, to recruit new/moar registered members. Okay...who wants to send out autographed, nude photos?

Posted by Zoso on Mar-30-2020 10:50:

If you need a chuckle, this is worth reading for the LULZ: https://www.theguardian.com/austral...onavirus-device

Posted by 72hrpartyanimal on Mar-30-2020 13:02:

Some good news. I was able to get some toilet paper and clorox wipes from Costco. The key was getting there early in the morning. Seemed to have plenty and allocated one per customer which is how it should have been since the start. I was chatting with the cashier who said it seems like things are getting back to normal with shoppers. He said there's plenty of supplies now that there are less panic shoppers raiding the store. It felt good knowing and seeing that (especially since we were down to 3 rolls).

And another positive note - took some advice on here and haven't had a cig in about 3 days.

Posted by Silky Johnson on Mar-30-2020 16:42:

Nice dude, congrats!

Posted by Dykes_on_Jay on Mar-30-2020 16:43:

Thanks.

Posted by Trance-M on Mar-30-2020 21:01:

Watch this video, zero bullshit:

Posted by Paradox Lost on Mar-31-2020 07:17:

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
Watch this video, zero bullshit:

Calm, sobering, informative- exactly the kind of content that so many of us need to get plot a course of action through all this uncertainty.

Two things I wish American officials never did as soon as it became apparent that this was on the verge of being a full-blown public health emergency: downplaying dangers that COVID plays to young people, and downplaying the effectiveness of a mask. Because of this, people under 40 walked around and partied with the impression that this was, at worst, a severe case of the flu, and far too many of us walked around without a mask, thinking that it was unlikely to do anything unless you, yourself, were sick.

We were mistaken to think that young people were as spared as we thought based on the earlier data coming out of China, and I get that mistake, but as for not needing a mask, that, I really don't get. I understand, as he points out in the video, that a lot of it had to do with ensuring that health care providers had first access to the small number available, but I don't get, as he also points out in the video, why in the world they would claim there is little to no value in wearing one. After all, if they offered no protection, why would they be so essential for health care providers? And even if the average person doesn't wear it correctly, it stands to reason that some protection is better than no protection. He's right to be perplexed by all of this.

Oh, and getting approved for testing based on symptoms, and being reimbursed for an out of pocket test if your results come back positive, or an empirically valuable negative one? Yeah, that's a healthcare system.

Posted by Sushipunk on Apr-01-2020 08:24:

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
yeah, other than risks to my elderly parents my main (personal) concern atm is the permanent lung damage. it's not like i've treated them very well (lungs, not parents) over the last...*counts*...28 years and im worried they could be ready to raise the french flag.

Missed this post.

I'm in the same place. Was a smoker for 25 years. Seemed like a good idea at the time If I get coronaAIDS, I hope my lungs can handle it.

Also with elderly parents; dearest mother doesn't believe in medical science because she's a crystal healing hippy. FFS.

Posted by Silky Johnson on Apr-01-2020 10:04:

Lol our mail/parcel delivery guy told me yesterday that the sap from our tree out front heals wounds from the inside out. "I'm eating some tree candy right now!" he said, and then "If covid comes for me I'm gonna *does several air kicks and punches*"

Posted by Zoso on Apr-01-2020 10:24:

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Lol our mail/parcel delivery guy told me yesterday that the sap from our tree out front heals wounds from the inside out. "I'm eating some tree candy right now!" he said, and then "If covid comes for me I'm gonna *does several air kicks and punches*"

Hope you stood back 3 meters in case all that air karate flung virus particles in your direction!

Posted by Dykes_on_Jay on Apr-01-2020 18:31:

I pirouette as i gargle.

Posted by Silky Johnson on Apr-02-2020 00:39:

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Hope you stood back 3 meters in case all that air karate flung virus particles in your direction!

Lol.

He's given me "tips" about the tree in the past, so when he said he had another one for me I was prepared to tune it out. But he was beaming like wash ley after discovering a bird drop so I paid him good attention. Obviously why I was rewarded with such a sweet karate demo.

He was also wearing an orange jumpsuit with the cuffs all taped with duct tape.

Upon reflection, it occurs to me it's very possible he's been losing it over the past year.

Posted by Zoso on Apr-02-2020 09:26:

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Lol.

He's given me "tips" about the tree in the past, so when he said he had another one for me I was prepared to tune it out. But he was beaming like wash ley after discovering a bird drop so I paid him good attention. Obviously why I was rewarded with such a sweet karate demo.

He was also wearing an orange jumpsuit with the cuffs all taped with duct tape.

Upon reflection, it occurs to me it's very possible he's been losing it over the past year.

Sounds like my former neighbor, Jack "Black Ops" Parker. He'd stop me when I was jogging around the perimeter of the yard when we lived at the old house, and inform me that he was still active military with Top Secret Crypto Clearance, higher than Obama's! He also made hand-to-hand combat weapons for the SEAL team that killed Bin Laden. He also had the gift of prophecy - he stopped me one day and said "don't be concerned, but deputies from the local sheriff's office would be here soon" and sure enough, they were. By the time they arrived, he had is wife beater off so they could marvel at his fitness for a nutty 70 yo, and he was showing them black rocks that were "meteorites with fossils" in them. I don't miss him.

Posted by Silky Johnson on Apr-02-2020 10:03:

Wow.

Pages (32): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »