TranceAddict Forums

TranceAddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Winter Music Conference 2008
-- Gabriel & Dresden @ Pawn Shop 3/28 Tracklist???
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Posted by PaulCky411 on Mar-29-2008 16:54:

Gabriel & Dresden @ Pawn Shop 3/28 Tracklist???

was anyone there last night and does anyone know what tracks they played?

Posted by tmft on Mar-29-2008 18:02:

G & D played a LONG set, from 12:20 pm to ~5:30 AM.

way too many tracks for me to id them all, but some I remember are:

Jas from outer space vs arcata
little 15 (depeche mode)
as the rush comes (of course)
brokeback mountain anthem
Tracking treasure down

My friend talked to G & D before the show, and they said they had 30 to 40! new tracks they were debuting that night.

An awesome set, some of the new material was a big departure from their usual melodies and much more minimal.

Posted by PaulCky411 on Mar-29-2008 18:28:

quote:
Originally posted by tmft
G & D played a LONG set, from 12:20 pm to ~5:30 AM.

way too many tracks for me to id them all, but some I remember are:

Jas from outer space vs arcata
little 15 (depeche mode)
as the rush comes (of course)
brokeback mountain anthem
Tracking treasure down

My friend talked to G & D before the show, and they said they had 30 to 40! new tracks they were debuting that night.

An awesome set, some of the new material was a big departure from their usual melodies and much more minimal.

that's so grand... longest i ever seen them play was for 4 hours... so they mixed up styles i presume since you said they played a lot of minimal but also played the tracks u listed above... i wish i was there... also, how fast were they playing?? 130-132?

Posted by scsilvergt on Mar-31-2008 00:28:

Who opened for Gabriel & Dresden? Someone there told me it was someone from Austin, Tx.

Posted by fb47570 on Mar-31-2008 00:58:

quote:
Originally posted by scsilvergt
Who opened for Gabriel & Dresden? Someone there told me it was someone from Austin, Tx.

The opener was Francis Preve.

Other songs they played:

Gareth Emery - More Than Anything [Christopher Norman (a.k.a. Retrobyte) dub mix]

Some ridiculous remix of their song Let It Go

Killers - Read My Mind

Pryda - Pjanoo

At least 2 new productions of theird I couldn't I'd.

Posted by scsilvergt on Mar-31-2008 01:14:

Thanks fb47570, it was really bugging me.

Posted by TranceNation1 on Mar-31-2008 02:50:

I heard the party suck from a friend

Posted by PaulCky411 on Mar-31-2008 04:24:

quote:
Originally posted by TranceNation1

i heard it was good... but who knows, we both weren't there to judge for ourselves...

Posted by vtec junkie on Mar-31-2008 05:53:

quote:
Originally posted by TranceNation1

no shit look at the line-up lol

Posted by 1drp4fn on Mar-31-2008 22:26:

quote:
Originally posted by fb47570
The opener was Francis Preve.

Other songs they played:

Gareth Emery - More Than Anything [Christopher Norman (a.k.a. Retrobyte) dub mix]

Some ridiculous remix of their song Let It Go

Killers - Read My Mind

Pryda - Pjanoo

At least 2 new productions of theird I couldn't I'd.

That was a combination of G&D-"Let it go" & PVD-"Let go" it was pretty tight and so was t hat mix of "Rocketman!"

Posted by chanman7483 on Apr-01-2008 01:41:

To be honest, I thought this was going to suck and had absolutely no intention of going based on the 3 or so shows I've seen of them in NY. A bunch of my friends never saw them and were amped to go so I kept my mouth shut and tagged along.

RIDICULOUS set. At some points they played some of the usual stuff, but they were definetly dropping some stuff I've never heard from them. Great night. No IDs though.

Posted by mister352 on Apr-01-2008 02:31:

I went to this show and agree it was off the chain, one other track they played was "there's no coming down". I was there from 1:30ish and stayed for 2hrs but it was too hot for me in there. I loved everything I heard, the bpm seemed to be crawling after hearing svd the night before but after 15 min I adjusted & felt it. Is it always hot as balls in pawnshop?

Posted by DEADLYACURACCY on Apr-01-2008 05:23:

quote:
Originally posted by 1drp4fn
That was a combination of G&D-"Let it go" & PVD-"Let go" it was pretty tight

Anyone know who produced this one? I posted it in track id's but since it was brought up here, thought id share it.

Posted by 1drp4fn on Apr-01-2008 20:00:

quote:
Originally posted by mister352
I went to this show and agree it was off the chain, one other track they played was "there's no coming down". I was there from 1:30ish and stayed for 2hrs but it was too hot for me in there. I loved everything I heard, the bpm seemed to be crawling after hearing svd the night before but after 15 min I adjusted & felt it. Is it always hot as balls in pawnshop?

Yeah, Rachel Starr- "Til There Was You" is always a great track to hear when your f'ed up haha...ALSO, Pawnshop, The White Room, Karu & Y and all those clubs in the downtown area were in such a sketchy ass area! our cab driver wouldnt even roll down his tinted windows to ask for directions when we couldnt find the white room, whats up with that...?

Posted by JohnnyMonsoon on Apr-01-2008 20:34:

those who went to this should be happy though as this was one of the last sets your going to see (whichever their last set in miami was the official last) as Gabriel & Dresden are no longer together. It looks like Organized Nature is also going bye bye as well

they had a great run!

Posted by drEamer on Apr-01-2008 21:22:

it really sucked IMO

Posted by TranceNation1 on Apr-01-2008 23:24:

is it true G&D broke up

Posted by ClubHead2 on Apr-02-2008 02:28:

yes, it is true...G&D are no longer together

Posted by civicstyle on Apr-02-2008 03:21:

Yea I heard this on Sunday and wanted to ask Josh and Dave about it before they played at Remix Hotel but didnt want rain on their parade if you know what I meam.

Posted by drEamer on Apr-02-2008 03:24:

quote:
Originally posted by racing4hoes
Yea I heard this on Sunday and wanted to ask Josh and Dave about it before they played at Remix Hotel but didnt want rain on their parade if you know what I meam.
actually heard this a few months back.....and that the organized nature party was in danger of not goin off......probably shouldnt have from what i saw....could have asked Josh sunday night at Shine if u were there

Posted by civicstyle on Apr-02-2008 04:00:

Well indirecty we did windup asking Josh after the set. My friend had heard about this for a while now but got the confirm during WMC from Josh himself.

Posted by drEamer on Apr-02-2008 04:04:

from what ive seen from them the last 3 times i saw them......its for the best at this point.....sad to say about an EDM act....

Posted by DEADLYACURACCY on Apr-02-2008 04:10:

quote:
Originally posted by racing4hoes
Well indirecty we did windup asking Josh after the set. My friend had heard about this for a while now but got the confirm during WMC from Josh himself.

Who O Who will JoJo bring down every month now? LOL

Posted by 1drp4fn on Apr-02-2008 19:20:

so let me get this straight...theyre doing there own thing now (solo) or theyre both "retiring"....

Posted by KiNeTiC ENeRgY on Apr-02-2008 19:43:

glad to hear they played better than usual. All their trackslists from previous shows is nothing more than there own productions with a few good tracks here and there.

Pages (2): [1] 2 »