Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Beating The Lockdown Blues [Peak Time]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Jack Moss - Beating The Lockdown Blues [Peak Time]

To maintain a semblance of normality in these troubled times I've taken to having a Friday evening mix and a few glasses of wine with my girlfriend. This was one such session from a few weekends ago that came out particularly well, and at her request I've made it available online.

This is basically just how I would play if you gave me a three hour peak time slot and a club full of boggle-eyed punters. There was absolutely no pre-planning or preparation involved, and long-time listeners will have certainly heard me play a few of these tunes before. Believe me, they don't always come out this well. Enjoy.

01. Steve Bug feat. Gigi - Like It Should Be (Ribn's Translucent Vox Remix) [Poker Flat]
02. Re.you - Work It Now (Doctor Dru Remix) [Cacao]
03. Jerome Hadey & Qendresa - I Wonder (Ninetoes Remix) [The Vinyl Factory]
04. Joris Biesmans - Menneke [Selador]
05. Dynacom (ARG) - Komodor [Auditen]
06. Sahar Z - Deep Beneath (Interaxxis Remix) [Sudbeat]
07. Dmitry Molosh - Bustle [Sudbeat]
08. Sous Sol - Taonga [Hive Audio]
09. Chus & Ceballos & Dario D'Attis - Heart of Afrika (Extended Mix) [Saved]
10. Nobilis - Diffuse Sky [Moonearth]
11. Kostya Outta & Max Losev - Fantasy [One Of A Kind]
12. Kostya Outta - Extra Virgin [MNL]
13. DJ Sadie - Hypnoticka [Bedrock]
14. Science Department - Repercussion (Danny Howells Remix) [Bedrock]
15. Pig & Dan - The Saint (Job San) (Lee Van Dowski Remix) [ELEVATE]
16. D-Nox & Beckers - Forbidden History [Plattenbank]
17. Buraki - Silk [Bedrock]
18. Pariah - Ruffneck Rhythm [Rhythm Syndicate]
19. Heinrich & Heine - Nanobot (Futur-E Remix) [Amber]
20. Thylacine - Train (Michael Mayer Remix) [Intuitive]
21. Kaltehand & Natasha Waters - Pages (Ewan Pearson Remix) [Hive Audio]
22. Miika Kuisma - Miami Nice [Subtraxx]
23. Wally Lopez & Awsa - Bring It Back (Zoo Brazil Remix) [The Factoria]
24. Jakhira - Kitezh [Magician On Duty]
25. DSF - Acacia [Shanti Radio Moscow]
26. Donatello - Story (Blood Groove & Kikis Remix) [Spring Tube]
27. LOM (AR) - Transmissions (3AM Remix) [The Sessions]
28. Futur-E - Acrobat [Movement]
29. AFFKT - Mante [Sincopat]
30. Gat Decor - Passion (Naked Mix) [Effective]
31. Ian O'Donovan - Forever Untold (Satoshi Fumi Remix) [Perspectives Digital]
32. Nick Warren & Tripswitch - Savannah [Sudbeat]

> A Different World [Downtempo Beats]
> A Secondhand Sunrise [Lush Breakbeat House]
> Lost In You [Trance Classics]

Old Post May-14-2020 22:37  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Out of curiosity, were you mixing before this? Or what were you listening to? I didn't think the first 45 minutes or so was overly 'peak time,' which is actually nice, since it means one can dip into this set without needing to warm-up with something else.

A splendid mix, obviously, though not one that I imagine Edward Said would enjoy. Crazy how well 'Ruffneck Rhythm' slots into it all. I don't think I'd tag that as a classic if I didn't know it. A bold mix from 'Train' into 'Pages,' I assume you had practised that before?

Great stuff

Old Post May-20-2020 10:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Cheers!

This was everything I played. I agree the first hour isn't full-on techno smashers or anything, but the Steve Bug tune (which is from 2009) is at 126bpm which I didn't really pay attention to when I started. It was only three or four tracks in that I realised how fast I was playing, which gives the set an extra bit of energy early on.

The mix between Train and Pages was not practised at all, but rather what Bob Ross would call a "happy little accident". I always start mixing Pages very early because it takes at least two minutes for the bassline to kick in, and when I tried it in my headphones they went together beautifully.

Old Post May-20-2020 12:12  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
flynno
tranceaddict

Limbo and loaded

Geez sorry Mr. Jack yes you are correct. No idea why or how come my post ended up in limbo. I obviously did something wrong. Anyway - how about another Lockdown mix while we are on the subject.

Old Post May-29-2020 07:57  South Africa
Click Here to See the Profile for flynno Click here to Send flynno a Private Message Add flynno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Haha, no worries man. Glad you enjoyed it.

Well, it is Friday and the sun is beaming down from a blue sky, so I'll very likely be getting back on the decks this evening. We'll see if the results are worth sharing.

Old Post May-29-2020 11:05  England
Midlothian
Grandmaster Prog

Let's hope so. This mix has been keeping me company for the past 2+ hours whilst doing boring stuff at home and I'm enjoying it very much. I get lost in this one quickly - very pleasant indeed.

Updates to the old Marco V tracklist archive

Old Post May-29-2020 11:42  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO

Just finished listening to this while working. When you told me you included Kostya Outta in the mix, I expected it to be a lot more proggy. Good variation though. Even snuck Acacia in there somehow. Never thought of it as a peak time record.

I'm putting together a few tracklists I want to play out at a birthday weekend bash this summer. I purchased Passion last night for that. Made me chuckle when I heard it here; I thought I might play it during the the day if I do.

Thanks for the inspiration though. I had pretty much planned on sticking to genres when playing and now I'm thinking of crossing over a lot more in each set. Whatever the vibe is like, I guess. Let that dictate the selection.

Old Post Jun-02-2020 10:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Heh. The "peak time" label seems to have thrown a few people. I always give my mixes a descriptive tag and I didn't want to call this one "progressive" or "house" because that wouldn't do justice to the variety.

Acacia is obviously not a peak time smasher, but I like to mellow a set out after smashing it for a while. Bring it right down and play some "spiritual" end of the night stuff for a little section, and then build back out of it. If you programme like that you can essentially keep playing forever, or until you run out of tunes.

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
Let's hope so. This mix has been keeping me company for the past 2+ hours whilst doing boring stuff at home and I'm enjoying it very much. I get lost in this one quickly - very pleasant indeed.

Cheers, and I noted your comments on SC as well. The way I got Pariah in is probably my favourite moment of the set, because it was the first time I'd ever played it and it worked really well.

Old Post Jun-02-2020 12:01  England
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

Didn't give it a full listen, but had a couple of minutes to kill and skipped through. Quick impression of the sound is sort of 2001 - 2004, which makes sense, as there are also a lot of artists that were relevant in that tribal/prog time period's sound dotting your tracklist. The Chus and Ceballos cut is a good example of this. It brings back a lot of memories of some of their extended nights, even if they did tend to play a bit harder percussive than some of the other dudes. That tended to be the side of prog i enjoyed the most if we are being honest anyway. Percussion moves feet. It even has the cliche black man talking about drums or an african country or both that was in everything at the time haha.

If I ever get the time to listen without being asked what this monkey music is by my son, I'll try to give her a proper go.

Last edited by Dykes_on_Jay on Jun-02-2020 at 21:03

Old Post Jun-02-2020 20:56  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Grandmaster Prog

Whose age-old alt is flynno?

Updates to the old Marco V tracklist archive

Old Post Jun-02-2020 21:30  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I think Ted Promo may have sent you into a paroxysm of alt paranoia.

Old Post Jun-02-2020 22:23  England
Sandsider
Supreme tranceaddict

Good stuff . Thanks for the share

Old Post Jun-03-2020 13:17  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for Sandsider Click here to Send Sandsider a Private Message Add Sandsider to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Beating The Lockdown Blues [Peak Time]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread