Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Allied Nations - Warm Music for Cool Cities - [Mellow] - Fall 2006
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

Smile Allied Nations - Warm Music for Cool Cities - [Mellow] - Fall 2006

This needed to be done! I am NOT a winter person and Montreal is starting to get mighty cold! (Apparently its only going to get colder... ) These tunes have been keeping me warm over the last couple of weeks and I figured I'd throw em together for some other people to listen to. I did this mix in Acid and by no means a testament to anything technical... I mix chillout the way I like to hear chillout, full songs but no silence in between. There are some gorgeous groovin' tunes on here props to all these artists. I think a lot of you will really enjoy them Have a listen and let me know what you think, I really like to know which tunes get people... These all got me in one way or another and it's nice to be able to share them with you guys.

Cheers!

1. Herbert - About This Time Each Day
2. Herbert - Addiction

Same order as the album, brilliant music.

3. Tryad - My Piano Sings (Part 4)(With Joana Smith)
New find, has grown on me quickly.

4. Karma - Carte Blanche
More lovely pianos...

5. Skye - Stop Complaining
Off Skye's new solo album, she really has an amazing voice.

6. Nach Scratch - Basado en Hechos Reales
One of my favorite jams ever...

7. Bonobo - Something (Longer) for Windy
Great all round tune here and a catchy riff.

8. Blockhead - A New Day
Gotta love that harmonica.

9. Tycho - Sunrise Projector
Amazing production, sounds perfect.

10 Lemongrass - Once Along the Way
One of my favorite artists, this one doesn't dissapoint.

11. Mum - Green Grass of Tunnel
Words aren't going to be able to describe this one.

12. I'm Not A Gun - Long Afternoon
Great smooth prog rock, thank you Mr. Tejada.

13. Telepopmusik - Last Train to Wherever
Easily one of the best things released last year.

14. Si Schroeder - Lavendermist
What a cool bassline.

15. Guitar - Wo Die Strassen Schone Namen Tragen
Epic. I don't understand the words, but the title means, "Where the Streets Have Pretty Names"

Right Click, Save As.

Cue:

code:
PERFORMER "Various Artists" TITLE "Warm Music for Cool Cities - A Mix by Allied Nations" FILE "Allied_Nations_-_Warm_Music_for_Cool_Cities_-_Fall_2006.mp3" MP3 TRACK 01 AUDIO TITLE "About This Time Each Day" PERFORMER "Herbert" INDEX 01 00:00:00 TRACK 02 AUDIO TITLE "Addiction" PERFORMER "Herbert" INDEX 01 03:39:50 TRACK 03 AUDIO TITLE "My Piano Sings (Part 4)(With Joanna Smith)" PERFORMER "Tryad" INDEX 01 07:00:00 TRACK 04 AUDIO TITLE "Karma" PERFORMER "Carte Blance" INDEX 01 10:12:00 TRACK 05 AUDIO TITLE "Stop Complaining" PERFORMER "Skye" INDEX 01 14:44:00 TRACK 06 AUDIO TITLE "Basado en Hechos Reales" PERFORMER "Nach Scratch" INDEX 01 18:07:00 TRACK 07 AUDIO TITLE "Something (Longer) for Windy" PERFORMER "Bonobo" INDEX 01 22:04:32 TRACK 08 AUDIO TITLE "A New Day" PERFORMER "Blockhead" INDEX 01 25:57:00 TRACK 09 AUDIO TITLE "Sunrise Projector" PERFORMER "Tycho" INDEX 01 30:17:65 TRACK 10 AUDIO TITLE "Once Along the Way" PERFORMER "Lemongrass" INDEX 01 33:07:20 TRACK 11 AUDIO TITLE "Green Grass of Tunnel" PERFORMER "Mum" INDEX 01 38:25:40 TRACK 12 AUDIO TITLE "Long Afternoon" PERFORMER "I'm Not A Gun" INDEX 01 42:42:00 TRACK 13 AUDIO TITLE "Last Train to Wherever" PERFORMER "Telepopmusik" INDEX 01 48:05:02 TRACK 14 AUDIO TITLE "Lavendermist" PERFORMER "Si Schroeder" INDEX 01 52:44:32 TRACK 15 AUDIO TITLE "Wo Die Strasses Schone Namen Tragen" PERFORMER "Guitar" INDEX 01 59:13:32

Last edited by Allied Nations on Dec-02-2006 at 00:48

Old Post Nov-26-2006 23:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Clovis
techno jungle shit

Fuuuuck yeah!

Old Post Nov-26-2006 23:21  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis Click here to Send Clovis a Private Message Visit Clovis's homepage! Add Clovis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
eRRaTiK
g0t milk?

stupid clovis stole my first reply.

this is pushing me closer to going over my monthly quota but i know it'll be worth it. dloading now dinobot.

Jose Amnesia - The Eternal (Pulser Remix) / Chicane - Saltwater / Photon Project - Illumination / Gouryella - Tenshi / Altitude - Altitude (SHOKK Remix) / Rank 1 - Airwave / The Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia (En Motion Mix)

Old Post Nov-26-2006 23:23  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for eRRaTiK Click here to Send eRRaTiK a Private Message Add eRRaTiK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

quote:
Originally posted by eRRaTiK
stupid clovis stole my first reply.

this is pushing me closer to going over my monthly quota but i know it'll be worth it. dloading now dinobot.

I sure hope so! You'll have to let me know!

Old Post Nov-26-2006 23:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
montana
dub come save me

get in!

Old Post Nov-26-2006 23:25  Syria
Click Here to See the Profile for montana Click here to Send montana a Private Message Visit montana's homepage! Add montana to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alefort
Melanie is the bestest!

I'm in! Your last effort, First Impressions tore my face off, in a good way, if that's possible. Definitely looking forward to having my emotional chords pulled in this one...

EDIT

18 minutes in and I am sorry, I am have to stop the mix. I find there is no transition during the songs. Everything just seems poorly stitched together. I'll keep an eye out for the next mix you provide. Also, hope you adjust to the cold, it gets as low as -30 (dont be surprised to get -40-50 with the windchill) while in Montreal!

Last edited by alefort on Nov-27-2006 at 00:01

Old Post Nov-26-2006 23:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for alefort Click here to Send alefort a Private Message Add alefort to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Deeedeee
Senior tranceaddict

ha! my fave mum track! keep your eyes peeled for their '07 album.

Old Post Nov-27-2006 00:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Deeedeee Click here to Send Deeedeee a Private Message Add Deeedeee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LuckyKarma

AWESOME! Unfortunately I'm getting ready to leave for the dorm, I'll have to wait an hour or so to hear this Can't wait!

Old Post Nov-27-2006 00:39 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ASFSE
Supreme tranceaddict

will check this, your best mixs imo are "what the dub" and "last summer in bombay" thosse were sexixixixi.

Old Post Nov-27-2006 00:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ASFSE Click here to Send ASFSE a Private Message Add ASFSE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jupiterone
housin' guide

def. grabbing this

Old Post Nov-27-2006 01:05  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for jupiterone Click here to Send jupiterone a Private Message Add jupiterone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chach
muppets

randomly clicked on your sig decided to check it out and im glad i did awesome mix

great mix to blaze to!

Old Post Nov-27-2006 01:08  Colombia
Click Here to See the Profile for chach Click here to Send chach a Private Message Add chach to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ASFSE
Supreme tranceaddict

finished dling, gonna drive + blaze + listen to this

Old Post Nov-27-2006 01:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ASFSE Click here to Send ASFSE a Private Message Add ASFSE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Allied Nations - Warm Music for Cool Cities - [Mellow] - Fall 2006
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread