Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA Genre Challenge, Round 5 **** .::::::::
Pages (23): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

::::::::. **** TA Genre Challenge, Round 5 **** .::::::::

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4

Due to popular demand, here's round 5. Most of you should know the rules by now, you suggest a genre, get assigned a random one and deliver a mix. For those, let me just point out the most important rule: YOU HAVE TO DELIVER YOUR FUCKIN MIX!!!

For the others, here's the extended version:

Step 1: Registration
If you want to participate post in this thread and name a genre that you want to include in the challenge. This must be a genre that is not already named by another participant. Use only EDM genres and don't select anything extremely weird, rare or specific. I'll keep an updated list of accepted people and genres. You can't add a genre without participating or participate without adding a genre. Also, post in such a way that your intentions are clear.
Registration will be open until next Friday (28.01.) 13:00 (UTC+1:00).

Step 2: Drawing
After the registration closes there will be 24 hours of time when you may do two things:
1) Withdraw from the challenge. (If you don't like the genre list, are too busy, entered accidentally, etc.)
2) If you have successfully participated in a previous round you can name one genre from the list you do not want to mix. I'll consider this in the drawing.
Entering is not possible anymore in this stage. The drawing will be posted on Saturday (29.01) 13:00 (GMT+1:00).

Step 3: Mixing
Your mix should be between 30 and 80 minutes long. The deadline for submitting them is in 4 weeks, on Saturday, 26.02.2011
You're also supposed to offer the person who'll mix the genre you brought in some help if required and give him a short feedback on how well he did.

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Last edited by Meat187 on Jan-23-2011 at 21:16

Old Post Jan-23-2011 16:30  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

Drawing & Links:

Last edited by Meat187 on Feb-27-2011 at 21:50

Old Post Jan-23-2011 16:31  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Magadansky
Trees of Psychedelia

Vocal house!

Samothrace Mysteries - An Oldschool Series

Like it dark? Click this!

Old Post Jan-23-2011 17:04  Bulgaria
Click Here to See the Profile for Magadansky Click here to Send Magadansky a Private Message Add Magadansky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ian
Not dead yet.

Hard Trance (and I'd love to get it) .

Edit. I respectfully decline anything with 'house' that isn't served with the prefix 'hard'

Last edited by Ian on Jan-23-2011 at 18:40

Old Post Jan-23-2011 17:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ian Click here to Send Ian a Private Message Add Ian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

2 Step/UK Garage

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Jan-23-2011 17:26  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Trip Hop

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Jan-23-2011 17:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
floyd741
addict

Gabber

Old Post Jan-23-2011 17:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for floyd741 Click here to Send floyd741 a Private Message Add floyd741 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Und der Schnee geduldig

I'll go with Funky/UK funky, as much as I hate the name for it.

Old Post Jan-23-2011 18:22  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

quote:
Originally posted by floyd741
Gabber

Are you aware that you single-handedly reduced the number of participants by at least 50 % ?
Best to enter with the difficult genres on the last day, I'll do so myself with Humppa.

quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
I'll go with Funky/UK funky, as much as I hate the name for it.

I'm not exactly sure what that is. Could you post a source / sample of what defines that genre?

Also, this round is not UK themed.

Last edited by Meat187 on Jan-23-2011 at 18:56

Old Post Jan-23-2011 18:35  Germany
Sand Leaper
Und der Schnee geduldig

quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
I'm not exactly sure what that is. Could you post a source / sample of what defines that genre?

Also, this round is not UK themed.

I thought it'd grown in popularity enough, seen some threads about it here, but sure:

http://blackdownsoundboy.blogspot.c...l-it-funky.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_fun...g/wiki/UK_funky

Old Post Jan-23-2011 18:47  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

I was afraid it might be quite close to UK Garage (which is already in) but I guess it's OK.

Old Post Jan-23-2011 18:55  Germany
pozz
Supreme tranceaddict

Braindance (early 90s IDM like Autechre & Aphex Twin). shouldn't be too hard to find stuff like it. it's very flexible too, so incorporating techno, electro, or whatever else kinda weird from that era you get your hands on is fully cool, cuz it was done that way anyway.

Old Post Jan-23-2011 19:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for pozz Click here to Send pozz a Private Message Add pozz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA Genre Challenge, Round 5 **** .::::::::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (23): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread