Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA Genre Challenge, Round 6 **** .::::::::
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

::::::::. **** TA Genre Challenge, Round 6 **** .::::::::

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5

OK guys, as requested here's round 6. I guess you know the rules by now. If you don't, read the copypasta below.
Be sure to post some interesting genres and not obscure or boring crap. If I see Dubstep or Deep House in here I'll just replace them with Happy Hardcore and Para Para.
I also made a deal with Sushipunk that everyone who fails to deliver his mix in time will be permanently banned from TA.

And here's the extended version:

Step 1: Registration
If you want to participate post in this thread and name a genre that you want to include in the challenge. This must be a genre that is not already named by another participant. Use only EDM genres and don't select anything extremely weird, rare or specific. I'll keep an updated list of accepted people and genres. You can't add a genre without participating or participate without adding a genre. Also, post in such a way that your intentions are clear.
Registration will be open until next Friday (06.04.) 13:00 (UTC+1:00).

Step 2: Drawing
After the registration closes there will be 24 hours of time when you may do two things:
1) Withdraw from the challenge. (If you don't like the genre list, are too busy, entered accidentally, etc.)
2) If you have successfully participated in a previous round you can name one genre from the list you do not want to mix. I'll consider this in the drawing.
Entering is not possible anymore in this stage. The drawing will be posted on Saturday (07.04) 13:00 (UTC+1:00).

Step 3: Mixing
Your mix should be between 30 and 80 minutes long. The deadline for submitting them is 4 weeks, on Saturday, 05.05.2012
You're also supposed to offer the person who'll mix the genre you brought in some help if required and give him a short feedback on how well he did.

Then stop coloring and visit Meat187's mix archive!

Last edited by Meat187 on May-03-2012 at 20:25

Old Post Mar-30-2012 11:37  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

Drawing:

Last edited by Meat187 on May-13-2012 at 12:20

Old Post Mar-30-2012 11:38  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Meat187 Click here to Send Meat187 a Private Message Add Meat187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

Ok I'll start: loopy, repetitive and funky techno

I hope thats not too specific, Im sure you know what I mean. Not dark, bleak mechanical stuff. The kind of techno with big basslines and loopy tribal rhythmns that make you shake yo ass.

If you need an example of exactly what Im on about try this.

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Mar-30-2012 12:11  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

@djdk
might as well say 1995-2005 (purpose maker - rise of mnml) Techno

Oh shiit. I'll say future garage. I'd like to say original UK garage but that stuff is too hard to aquire properly.

Last edited by Woony on Mar-30-2012 at 18:47

Old Post Mar-30-2012 12:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

I bow to your superior techno knowledge!

To be fair, everytime Ive ever seen anyone play future garage theyve busted out a few old speed garage tunes anyway so one would hope a future garage set would, ironically, contain some old school garage

MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Mar-30-2012 12:26  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Originally I wanted to say UK-bass in general but I want to give other people the chance to name a genre from that field. I think with the right person a UK-bass-house mix could be pretty interesting.

Old Post Mar-30-2012 12:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Und der Schnee geduldig

quote:
Originally posted by djdk

I hope thats not too specific, Im sure you know what I mean. Not dark, bleak mechanical stuff. The kind of techno with big basslines and loopy tribal rhythmns that make you shake yo ass.

Also, montana already did a mix of this stuff for his "schranz" mix, although probably a bit harder than what you have in mind: http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...21#post10549021

edit: Changed my mind, as it'll be a nightmare to work out what exactly "uk bass" or whatever encompasses. I'll go with italo disco instead.

Old Post Mar-30-2012 12:38  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Isn't italo disco also a bitch to find? And if you say 'UK-bass-house' or 'UK-experimental-step' I think it's a pretty clear definition of what is meant. Even if otherwise, what's the problem with having a bit of freedom with your genre?

Old Post Mar-30-2012 12:45 
Meat187
Diese scheiß Katze

quote:
Originally posted by djdk

Could you give me something that is more of a genre name and not a description?
I have no clue about techno, but I'm afraid people might not know what to do with "loopy, repetitive and funky techno" and certainly not hit the sound you're after.

Old Post Mar-30-2012 12:51  Germany
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Meat187
Could you give me something that is more of a genre name and not a description?
I have no clue about techno, but I'm afraid people might not know what to do with "loopy, repetitive and funky techno" and certainly not hit the sound you're after.

Jeff-Mills-Techno?

As I've said, for like a decade almost all Techno sounded like this.

Old Post Mar-30-2012 12:54 
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

Hmm I was worried you might say that. But then what is a genre name if not a description?

To be honest you could probably call what Im after just techno. But its such a vast genre that I wanted to quantify what I was thinking of a bit more. Anyway, Im quite happy with people to take from it what they will, it'll be interesting to see what comes back!

MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Mar-30-2012 13:00  United Kingdom
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

I think funky-percussive Techno would be pretty accurate name.

Old Post Mar-30-2012 13:03 

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA Genre Challenge, Round 6 **** .::::::::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread