Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - A Secondhand Sunrise [Lush Breakbeat House]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Jack Moss - A Secondhand Sunrise [Lush Breakbeat House]

I'm sure it hasn't escaped anyone's attention that the '90s are very much back in fashion, and one of my favourite manifestations of this trend has been the resurgence of the lush breakbeat-infused sunrise tune. The production on many of these new tracks does a remarkably good job of replicated the spacious, airy analogue feel of the original era, and I thought it would be cool to put together a set that mixes these new tunes with some oldies and see how obvious the joins were. This mix is the end result, and you can judge for yourself.

01. Chaos In The CBD - Hydrate [Mule Musiq]
02. Cody - Inner (Mihai Popoviciu Remix) [Selectro]
03. The Shamen - Make It Mine (Moby's Deep Mix) [One Little Indian]
04. Palms Trax - In Gold [Dekmantal]
05. Lovesky - Drums 4 Better Daze (Excession Mix - Jack Moss Edit) [Hooj Choons]
06. Wayward - Shiva (Brame & Hamo Remix) [Silver Bear]
07. Choice - Acid Eiffel [Wagram]
08. Bicep - Satisfy [Feel My Bicep]
09. Alphonse - Glint AM (DJ Normal 4 Remix) [Emotional Especial]
10. Dusky - Lea Valley [Running Back]
11. D.O.P. - Don't Stop The Music [Guerilla]
12. React 2 Rhythm - Intoxication (Clubfield Mix) [Guerilla]
13. Leftfield - Not Forgotten (Hard Hands Mix) [Outer Rhythm]
14. Golden Girls - Kinetic (Pirate Jams Instrumental) [Jalapeno]
15. Liberation - Liberation Vol. 2 [ZYX]

> A Secondhand Sunrise [Lush Breakbeat House]
> Lost In You [Trance Classics]
> I Dreamed Of Summer [Deep & Melodic House]

Old Post Feb-10-2020 22:23  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Deeve
tranceaddict

Have listened a few times to this one already Jack - both consciously, like actively listening and focusing and in the background, during dinner & drinks. It just works. Breaks are still doing it for me, actually they never were completely outfashioned, and even if so, who cares. Great blending of old and new here - cheers!

Old Post Feb-14-2020 19:22  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Deeve Click here to Send Deeve a Private Message Visit Deeve's homepage! Add Deeve to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Being a bit of an idiot, I was thinking 'breaks', LTJ Bukem-style, instead of 'breakbeat house', which made me a bit slow to listen to this, as I need to be in the right mood for the former. I was therefore rather surprised to finally press play and hear Chaos In The CBD!

Not looking at the tracklist, I hadn't realised there were old tracks in here until 'Acid Eiffel', although I wondered for the first minute or so if it was perhaps a modern edit. Altogether it was an excellent mélange of new and old, nicely mixed and programmed, as always. Very nice!

Old Post Feb-26-2020 11:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Thanks for the kind words, both.

I'm not sure how "breakbeat house" became "drum 'n bass" in your head, but I'm glad you enjoyed the mix in the end!

Slightly surprised you aren't familiar with the Lovesky tune, what with it featuring on one of the best Renaissance CDs back in the day.

Old Post Feb-29-2020 14:48  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

I have listened to 3/4 of this, but it was at least a month ago. I liked what I heard but I'm gonna try to circle back around to this shortly and listen again in full.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Feb-29-2020 20:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I'm not sure how "breakbeat house" became "drum 'n bass" in your head,

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Being a bit of an idiot

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Slightly surprised you aren't familiar with the Lovesky tune, what with it featuring on one of the best Renaissance CDs back in the day.

Yeah, not sure how that one passed me by! Must be getting old

Old Post Mar-03-2020 11:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mphreak
Supreme tranceaddict

Listened it during the bike ride to work. Nice one mate!

Old Post Mar-04-2020 11:02  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for mphreak Click here to Send mphreak a Private Message Add mphreak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Alright finally listened in full. Lots of elements included here, specifically centered around this unique blend of House. You get deep in places and towards the end you start injecting the soul into it and it gets even more fun. Really didn't care for the Shamen track early on, that little vocal sample just wasn't really my thing. Anyway it was nice to get some work done to this. Nicely done, thanks for the music!

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Mar-05-2020 18:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Cheers guys. I can see how that Shamen tune could be divisive, but I really like the mellow vibe it has. A key feature of these old tunes was the sometimes bizarre stuff that would get sampled and thrown in, which isn't always going to hit everyone's tastes.

Old Post Mar-14-2020 11:36  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

I've listened to this quite a few times during the quarantine and I loved it! It probably won't surprise you but the Palms Trax song utterly blew me away. The more mellow beginning was a definite favorite for me, if I have any criticism is that although a classic, I didn't really feel Acid Eiffel worked here - it's length and contrast to the tracks that came before and after kinda messed with the flow for me.

Deep, Tech House Mix - 2016

Sunday Deep House Mix - 2016 *NEW*
8 Hour Marathon Mix
All My Mixes!

Old Post Mar-20-2020 00:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I could definitely have mixed out of it a couple of minutes earlier, you're right. Glad you enjoyed the rest of the mix, though! It's been a bit of a slow burner on TA, but good to see it getting some responses now we're all locked indoors.

Old Post Mar-20-2020 20:00  England
2techs
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm not familiar with breakbeat house so it was refreshing to hear this. That D.O.P tune is kickin' and Kinetic update is dope even compared to the original.

Old Post Apr-03-2020 21:01  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for 2techs Click here to Send 2techs a Private Message Add 2techs to your buddy list 2techs is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - A Secondhand Sunrise [Lush Breakbeat House]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread