Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Suggestions and Comments!
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
virtual24 dark
Senior tranceaddict

that is going too far posting that much on here of the same thing! Too much crap on this forum,its getting harder to find the good stuff

Old Post Sep-09-2011 15:58  Great Britain
Click Here to See the Profile for virtual24 dark Click here to Send virtual24 dark a Private Message Add virtual24 dark to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pozz
Supreme tranceaddict

if you aren't one of those damn spammers, please give a name to each mix instead of assigning it a number (episode number, etc). I automatically skip over those, sometimes missing stuff by interesting djs.

Old Post Sep-11-2011 22:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for pozz Click here to Send pozz a Private Message Add pozz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pozz
Supreme tranceaddict

and since it would be pointless to make this a rule, please don't post radioshows/podcasts/sessions. usually those are shit.

Old Post Sep-11-2011 22:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for pozz Click here to Send pozz a Private Message Add pozz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by yonny
We've got a flooder:

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...3118&forumid=73

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...3344&forumid=73

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...12899&forumid=6

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...2839&forumid=73

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...12838&forumid=6

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...12768&forumid=6

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...2742&forumid=73

Or maybe he just mixed the same tracks over and over and over...

Come on sushi, let him feel all the force of the LAW!!

Totally missed that It looks like a lot of them were made on different days though.

quote:
Originally posted by pozz
and since it would be pointless to make this a rule, please don't post radioshows/podcasts/sessions. usually those are shit.

Huh? Some of the radio shows and podcasts posted here are excellent, and I look forward to them every week/month

Old Post Sep-11-2011 23:04  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pozz
Supreme tranceaddict

i can think of: Bas, MSZ, sunsurge off the top of my head (sorry to anyone else who i've neglected to mention, but that was what the original complaint was about).

anyone else who posts their sets in episodic numbering gets lost within the barrage of radioshows etc that get no replies/views etc, posted by guys who never contribute.

Old Post Sep-11-2011 23:26 
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
i can think of: Bas, MSZ, sunsurge off the top of my head (sorry to anyone else who i've neglected to mention, but that was what the original complaint was about).

anyone else who posts their sets in episodic numbering gets lost within the barrage of radioshows etc that get no replies/views etc, posted by guys who never contribute.

I kind of see what you're getting at, but I don't think it's really due to the names of their mixes. Even if people were to give each mix a proper name or whatever, it's still going to be the regular contributors here that will get all the hits on their new material. It's unfortunate though, that a lot of people that post here don't seem to realise that.

If posters take the time to listen to other people's mixes and provide feedback, then people tend to do the same for them in return. I can't make people contribute though, it's up to them in the end, just like the title of the mix is up to them

Old Post Sep-12-2011 00:08  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pozz
Supreme tranceaddict

i'm hoping laziness will be the death of the episodic guys if they have to name all of them. but then they prolly never look at this section anyway so it's a useless request.

i was set off by reading virtual24dark's post above -- it was a long-smouldering complaint.

Old Post Sep-12-2011 01:07 
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
i'm hoping laziness will be the death of the episodic guys if they have to name all of them.

Old Post Sep-12-2011 01:17  Australia
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

ban all the established dj's who post their promotional flyers, upcoming gigs, and website. they probably don't even post outside of this section. their arrogance is bumping down the threads of legit bedroom dj's who are trying to promote themselves.

Old Post Oct-08-2011 12:54  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Mattinsanity
ban all the established dj's who post their promotional flyers, upcoming gigs, and website. they probably don't even post outside of this section. their arrogance is bumping down the threads of legit bedroom dj's who are trying to promote themselves.

LOL at you trying to define what's "legit" around here.

The rules are already clear on this. As long as they post a mix for people to download/review, they're more than welcome to post fliers for upcoming gigs, or their website, or pretty much whatever (obviously within reason).

Ultimately, what difference does it make to you if they post their upcoming gigs along with a mix? The thread would be there anyway.

Chill man.

Old Post Oct-08-2011 22:58  Australia
sunsurge
Dream on and dive in...

quote:

Hmm. Just seen this.

I have to disagree with that. Surely numbering sets is the best way of distinguishing them? There is only so many "distant sunrise", "autumn morning" style named sets I can put up with! Numbers seem to work for me, although that may just be a personal thing...?

I try to make them stand out by following a format as laid out in the guidelines. I have the number, name of mix series and the style in brackets. To make it stand out visually I put that little heart thing as the icon, so if in doubt look for that!

Do actually name sets too, occasionally I do more experimental stuff like in my sig. These aren't viewed anything like as much as my regular series of Windmill Sessions though. Probably because of the style of music mind.

060 Windmill Sessions Redux
(lush beats)

Old Post Oct-12-2011 22:13  England
Click Here to See the Profile for sunsurge Click here to Send sunsurge a Private Message Add sunsurge to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

I think it's fine for people to have episodes of their mixes. I listen to a lot of "episode" DJ's and I would laugh if they tried to name sets like I do. I have a lot of mixes that are drastically different sounding so they earn different names. It would make no sense to have those in episodes. People like sunsurge and bas don't need to name their mixes something unique every time because they have a specific sound that they stick to, so it would only be appropriate that they group them together in an incremental fashion.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Oct-13-2011 02:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Suggestions and Comments!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVoyager - Unknown? ID [2007] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTorin - "Vanity" (Arksun Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread