Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Fall 2018 Gas
Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN

Geoff - would yo recommend the Model:Samples? I'm seriously thinking about buying a funbox and it looks like the best offeriing. How's the sequencing on it? (Bear in mind a Tribe botherer).

I would recommend it 100%. You can sequence in two main ways, the first being the traditional Elektron style step sequencing, but you can also play patterns in live, which is made much easier with the bigger drum pads. Performances are much easier to achieve with the knob/grid as you don't need to page between parameters to access your tweaks. You also have the same quick save style function where you can perform a quick save state, fuck about with the knobs per sound or globally and then quick load again to build up/drop. It's pretty cool. Sound quality is high, and punchy and there are rumours of an add on battery pack coming soon as well.

Old Post Apr-10-2019 10:39  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

If I didn't start getting obsessed with disco lights, I'd have a groovebox by now. I was considering a Maschine Jam or Beatstep Pro but a standalone groovebox is definitely my bag. I just feel guilty about my under-utilised music gear & VSTis collection.

If I sell off my non-digital movies & games collection I should be able to get a groovebox. Still haven't sold my Sub Phatty.

But, damn it, I also need a good zoom lens for video, a heavy duty tripod, a slider, & a fluid head.

Old Post Apr-11-2019 06:02  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

ya man

Old Post Apr-11-2019 19:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

Considering getting one of these camper kitchens to use as a mixer/mini-synth desk. Ya think they will be stable enough?

Old Post Apr-12-2019 08:17  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

Not the same model here but gives an idea of its size.

Old Post Apr-12-2019 08:20  Australia
MSZ
godspeed

you should fuck on it to test

Old Post Apr-12-2019 16:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

Aluminum light trussing is hella expensive so I'm looking for alternatives.

One alternative is scaffolding that handymen use to give you adjustable platforms.

And this shoe & coat rack could probably function as a light truss although it's only 161 cm high.

This is a $30 bird cage stand (162cm) that you can hang a disco ball or PAR cans on.

Last edited by Mel David on May-04-2019 at 07:56

Old Post May-03-2019 02:28  Australia
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

I would like to throw down on a UAD satellite quad but I don't want to miss the opportunity of a Hexacore Quad. I mean, if the thunderbolt 3 interfaces have it, why wouldn't there be a hexacore Dsp accelerator around the corner coming out. I'm certainly no expert on marketing so w/e I guess UAD wants you but their new X interfaces and profit.

Old Post May-07-2019 01:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mel David
e platforms.

And this shoe & coat rack could probably function as a light truss although it's only 161 cm high.

Built it out of plumbing fixtures (that's all it is).

I did that for things like monitor stands and CDJ supports. Ridiculously strong and easy to built.

Old Post May-09-2019 18:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

I like the idea of using plumbing pipes. It has an industrial, Steampunk aesthetic, specially if has rust. Perhaps I'll find pipes at a scrapyard! Then it's just a matter of using brackets to make square or triangular trussing.

Hardest decision of my life. Entry level DJ consoles:

Pioneer DJ DDJ-400

or

Tractor Kontrol S2 MK3 (already an NI customer with Komplete 11)

or

Pioneer DJ DDJ-200 - This one is meant for kids but its music streaming capability is incentive enough. I don't own a single vinyl. I do have some CDs, but most of my music is on iTunes.

I'm not a DJ. This is for playing around & as decal for music videos.

Some useful info found on YouTube comments:
"Here we go again Pioneer ignoring user request to update the sp16 then releasing the djs1000 and now this. What is wrong with this company? The reps give you a cold shoulder when you ask questions on there website. It's like once you purchase a product they totally ignore you and concentrate on developing a new product. The worst PR l've ever seen. BUYER BEWARE!"

"It's because sadly, in 2015 Pioneer Japan sold the Pioneer DJ division to KKR, a global investment firm that manages ~$150B in assets. Do you think a private equity firm with that kind of money really cares about music production or its customers? Yeah, me neither..."

"Until SP16 OS is completed I will never buy another Pioneer product again. Pioneer has enough time to design and program the DJS1000 and this piece of garbage, but we can't even delete samples and cut and paste steps in the SP16??? Don't do business with this company."

Last edited by Mel David on May-16-2019 at 01:35

Old Post May-16-2019 01:21  Australia
MSZ
godspeed

numark party mix imo if you dont mind a shit audio interface

Old Post May-16-2019 14:58  Canada
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

Bought A.O.M Inivisble Limter one year license for 30$, I know they don't do transferable so I couldn't get 2nd hand. The limiter will have to be my goto instead logic's built in until I get an accelerator DSP.

Old Post May-20-2019 21:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Fall 2018 Gas
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback80's track need Id [2010] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBrian Sanhaji - "Nightlife" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread