Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Recommend: pumping classic prog/trance mixes
Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Hmm, seems to be the case in my territory as well. Annoying. There is a version you can buy but it looks like it's mixed.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Sep-10-2020 12:10  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vampirul_18
Senior tranceaddict

Travel - Bulgarian (Incisions Remix)

GENUINE. UNIQUE. VARIETY.

Now everything sounds so half assed and follows a certain formula...feels like you're listening to the same track over and over.

Old Post Sep-12-2020 18:43  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for vampirul_18 Click here to Send vampirul_18 a Private Message Visit vampirul_18's homepage! Add vampirul_18 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Thanks Bogdan, very nice of you.

Old & New Electronic Music Channel
Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Sep-12-2020 20:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
I'm given to understand that it's only Blades for the first two hours or so, actually, and then David Coleman, but am not sure. Might explain the David Coleman track in the third hour.

Edit:

Rowan Blades aka Breeder; Sen-Sei and David Coleman; Troy Roberts; Jonathan Ojeda

was the line-up for the full night, apparently.

Sen-Sei and Coleman were a cool act. I saw them open for Mark Farina around 2004, and Coleman was manning the decks while Sen-Sei was working the live keyboards. Definitely more interesting than your typical warmup.

Old Post Sep-12-2020 22:40  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Not sure if you examined the flyer, Jack, but you'll be pleased to see it notes Sasha & Digweed being known for their 'Epic House.'

Old Post Sep-14-2020 08:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
Good question - I've no memory of whose insider info this may have been originally. You're probably right about them b2bing it in some way. I agree at least the tracklist suggests this is the case.

From what I've seen online, Jimmy van M opened up and then Sasha and Digweed b2bed it. Sasha & Diggers' first record is the ID at 90 minutes.

Last edited by Lews on Sep-14-2020 at 09:29

Old Post Sep-14-2020 08:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Cheers! Glad to see I got most of it wrong .

Old Post Sep-14-2020 10:58  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ExOn
Still around

Going back in the archive and the Oslo Nights sets from Dj Elusive, Stian Klo aka Likwit, and the rest of the Norwegians, this set stands out for me.

Likwit was brillant in his selections and I remember talking to him back when on t.nu. He worked in a record shop in Oslo specializing in dance music. No wonder he had the most wicked whitelabels and promos back then.

TL:

01. Brass Monkey - Big Ride (Original Mix)
02. Van Bellen feat. Greed - City Lights (Matthew Dekay Remix)
03. Probspot - You Want Me
04. Muzzaik - Walkman (Colors & Legaz Iberican Rework)
05. Luminance - Grace (Whiteroom @ Bedrock Remix)
06. Origene - Sanctuary (Harry Lemon Remix)
07. Dirty Bass feat. Bjork - Emotional Soundscape
08. Marco V feat. Jens - Loops & Tings (Relooped)
09. Vicki Cocks - Just a Flash
10. Phil Kieren - I Love You (Adam Beyer feat. Lenk Dub Remix)

One of the few ones left

Old Post Sep-21-2020 15:12  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for ExOn Click here to Send ExOn a Private Message Add ExOn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

quote:
Originally posted by ExOn
Going back in the archive and the Oslo Nights sets from Dj Elusive, Stian Klo aka Likwit, and the rest of the Norwegians, this set stands out for me.

Great show, but he was specifically asking for nothing later than 2002, of which I have little to add beyond the unhelpfully obvious Chris Fortier or Jimmy Van M Bedrock compilations from the start of the decade. Otherwise, I'd be dropping in with plenty of oughts prog of my own.

Old Post Sep-23-2020 01:05  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

All that twinkles is not prog.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Sep-23-2020 07:27  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

You talking about the above set in particular, or about what was called prog throughout most of the 00's in general?

Either way I consider both prog, for at least no other reason than how you can trace its genealogy to and through the period you're asking about.

Old Post Sep-23-2020 07:33  Palestine
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Twinkle trance would have been a more appropriate name than McProg.

Old Post Sep-23-2020 09:21  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Recommend: pumping classic prog/trance mixes
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackShould be an EASY one... On-the-tip-of-my-tongue!! [2004] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUfuk - "R2 D2" (Ufuk Remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread