Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Trying to learn more about techno
Pages (21): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
lenazi
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by supersaw abuse
actually you should probably just stop posting altogether

naw i like my unicorns.

Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
No, but I also don't drink out of a fucking sippy-cup you goddamned Appalachian.

Old Post Aug-18-2009 19:23  Kazakhstan
Click Here to See the Profile for lenazi Click here to Send lenazi a Private Message Add lenazi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
supersaw abuse
a child, literally

quote:
Originally posted by lenazi
naw i like my unicorns.

i wasn't addressing you

Old Post Aug-18-2009 19:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for supersaw abuse Click here to Send supersaw abuse a Private Message Add supersaw abuse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lenazi
Suspended User

oh, plur.

No, but I also don't drink out of a fucking sippy-cup you goddamned Appalachian.

Old Post Aug-18-2009 19:41  Kazakhstan
Click Here to See the Profile for lenazi Click here to Send lenazi a Private Message Add lenazi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alexf
Senior tranceaddict

calm down everyone

Old Post Aug-18-2009 20:15  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for alexf Click here to Send alexf a Private Message Visit alexf's homepage! Add alexf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TotalDeathXZero
Senior tranceaddict

Fuck I an't backin down to this "I need to listen to it more". I do research and I say trance and industrial and forever say that. My word shall not change. I've been listening to metal for years and I couldn't get into Dark Ambient or Drone. And for the record its been a month just about. Let alone I have been introduced to EDM much earlier, its not like im completely new to it. Hardcore listening wise its been a month.

Last edited by TotalDeathXZero on Aug-18-2009 at 21:10

Old Post Aug-18-2009 21:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TotalDeathXZero Click here to Send TotalDeathXZero a Private Message Add TotalDeathXZero to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Seppuku
light swells

No ones telling you to not listen to any of that. Just don't come in here recommending trance or some other bullshit when the OP clearly asked for techno, not for other genres to listen to instead.

OMG OMG A NEW MIX

Old Post Aug-18-2009 21:08  Japan
Click Here to See the Profile for Seppuku Click here to Send Seppuku a Private Message Add Seppuku to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TotalDeathXZero
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Seppuku
No ones telling you to not listen to any of that. Just don't come in here recommending trance or some other bullshit when the OP clearly asked for techno, not for other genres to listen to instead.

I understand what your saying but telling me I don't understand the genres when I myself have listened to complex genres myself... Where is that comming from. Whatever fine let him have his dose of techno as I said earlier. I'm not saying the genre is bad, I'm just saying in my opinion it lacks.

Old Post Aug-18-2009 21:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TotalDeathXZero Click here to Send TotalDeathXZero a Private Message Add TotalDeathXZero to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lenazi
Suspended User

new trance crackers are always the funniest.

Old Post Aug-18-2009 21:14  Kazakhstan
TotalDeathXZero
Senior tranceaddict

Disco came first. As we all know from disco, funk is introduced and later evolved into house and synthpop which later evolved into the techno genre. But all these genres originate from "Jazz". However later on a few of these genres reject their jazz influence except for house and some pop. However the branches split between house and synthpop in where synthpop leads to "more simplicated pop music" and house leads to industrial. Industrial leads to techno and then techno leads to trance. However house, industrial, and techno are also completely different and barely share any relevance "This is where the electronic dance genre takes off". Techno turns into trance and industrial later fuses with trance. Since industrial fuses with trance this puts industrial right infront of trance and you have the branches "industrial leading to techno but also leading to trance at the same time". But techno is also leading to trance (This is where the origins get twisted around). The difference in sound is obvious. For house you have the electronic jazz sound, for techno you have the repetitive melody, for trance you have the additive melody, and for industrial you have a combination of the additive melody with band characteristics (It is somewhat confusing but after looking at the spectrum you begin to understand the difference between origin and genre). The sound and style around these genres are different and shall remain different which is what separates them.

Old Post Aug-18-2009 21:48  United States
lenazi
Suspended User

lol

Old Post Aug-18-2009 21:52  Kazakhstan
alexf
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by TotalDeathXZero
Disco came first. As we all know from disco, funk is introduced and later evolved into house and synthpop which later evolved into the techno genre. But all these genres originate from "Jazz". However later on a few of these genres reject their jazz influence except for house and some pop. However the branches split between house and synthpop in where synthpop leads to "more simplicated pop music" and house leads to industrial. Industrial leads to techno and then techno leads to trance. However house, industrial, and techno are also completely different and barely share any relevance "This is where the electronic dance genre takes off". Techno turns into trance and industrial later fuses with trance. Since industrial fuses with trance this puts industrial right infront of trance and you have the branches "industrial leading to techno but also leading to trance at the same time". But techno is also leading to trance (This is where the origins get twisted around). The difference in sound is obvious. For house you have the electronic jazz sound, for techno you have the repetitive melody, for trance you have the additive melody, and for industrial you have a combination of the additive melody with band characteristics (It is somewhat confusing but after looking at the spectrum you begin to understand the difference between origin and genre). The sound and style around these genres are different and shall remain different which is what separates them.

what about dub techno?

Old Post Aug-18-2009 21:53  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for alexf Click here to Send alexf a Private Message Visit alexf's homepage! Add alexf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TotalDeathXZero
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by alexf
what about dub techno?

It's still techno in my book. just like Pop and Synthpop is still Pop.

Old Post Aug-18-2009 22:00  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Trying to learn more about techno
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (21): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCan anyone identify this song? Song3 [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWay Out West - "Secret" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread