Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Bodies with vaginas
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
It wasn’t hard to stop calling people fags, whores, sluts. I’ll draw the line when I can’t make fun of Italians or portugese

portuguese

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Sep-28-2021 00:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
EoS was a cunt.

oh man I just chuckled way too loud.

Old Post Sep-29-2021 02:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
It wasn’t hard to stop calling people fags, whores, sluts. I’ll draw the line when I can’t make fun of Italians or portugese

Speak for yourself, slut.

Old Post Oct-02-2021 19:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

Oh I’d be cancelled. And if I were famous my cancellation would not be pretty. I would be like Connor mcgregor on the ground with a broken leg calling my opponents wife a slut and that I once banged her. It would be petty, I’d be crying, it would be the saddest thing you’d ever see as I got wheeled out of there on a stretcher and the lights turned off.

Old Post Oct-02-2021 20:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hoopoe
tranceaddict

If a cross-section of the people represented by the term have agreed that this is the preferred nomenclature in this scientific context, then I really don't see what the problem is.

Nobody is coming to cancel you for still saying 'women' in your daily life.

Old Post Oct-08-2021 01:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for hoopoe Click here to Send hoopoe a Private Message Add hoopoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Singularity55
tranceaddict

Isn't the term just females anyway? Not a fan of this new woke world. I think it'll just be a trend that will go anyway.

Old Post Oct-14-2021 02:19  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Singularity55 Click here to Send Singularity55 a Private Message Add Singularity55 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by Singularity55
Not a fan of this new woke world. I think it'll just be a trend that will go anyway.

Won't go away that easily as ppl are craving purpose in this world and for some their woke-ness is basically their identity ...without it they'd crumble. Not saying all of it is a farce - however - the amount of faux outrage/groupthink out there is maddening

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Oct-14-2021 04:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

Let the vaginas hit the floor.

Old Post Oct-14-2021 15:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Arbiter
Naked Power Organ

I'm no champion of "inclusive" language for its own sake, but there is some merit to linguistic precision, and not all women have vaginas (nor are all people with vaginas women). So I can see the case for not simply using "women."

On the other hand, the decision to use the word "bodies" instead of something more humanizing like, I dunno—"people," maybe?—is pretty baffling. I agree that it evokes the image of corpses, or maybe livestock, which is inclusive only if you're a zombie or a donkey.

In conclusion, I agree that the anatomy and physiology of donkey zombies with vaginas have been neglected, and that should promptly be rectified. Also, "donkey zombies with vaginas" would be a pretty cool name for a band. That's all.

Old Post Oct-14-2021 17:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for Arbiter Click here to Send Arbiter a Private Message Add Arbiter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by Vivid Boy
Let the vaginas hit the floor.

Till the sweat drips off mahballs.

Old Post Oct-14-2021 17:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

As the resident linguist,

Would a considerable number of pre-op trans men and women really feel miscategorised if the word "women" was used in this context?

The members of collective nouns often share a "family resemblance" among themselves (they share some traits in common, but not all, like we resemble our siblings and cousins, but we're not identical), and sometimes you might have what we call a "prototype" (that is, the freakishly rare member that checks all the boxes of properties linked to that group).

If we try to be radically precise with our words all the time, we'll end up talking as if we're drafting a legal document. Also, would they have said "bodies with penises" if the roles were reversed?

Old Post Oct-21-2021 03:42  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

I might be stating the obvious here, but I don't think it's about whether a considerable amount of people feel miscategorized, but rather about whether the loudest ones feel so. This includes people who don't necessarily have anything to do with being transsexual or transgender – or what ever happens to be the subject group(s) – but who just like calling companies out on inane things like this, were they to find a reason to. And, unfortunately, many companies and universities let themselves be held hostage by these seemingly sociopathic people on social media, so I can understand the care they try to take around subjects like this, but it's never as perfect as some would want it to be.

Old Post Oct-21-2021 12:08  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Bodies with vaginas
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackhelp me please [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackE Razor - Mantra [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread