Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 2022 thread
Pages (27): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
That is crazy and always a shock Lira. Hoping the best!

Thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Damn Marcus, that's terrible I hope you're doing okay, and that she recovers quickly.

Thank you. As for me, I'm doing okay for now. The situation is so bizarre and I'm so far from home that it'll probably take a bit longer for it to "sink in"... By then I hope she's out of the woods already.

Like Jenny said, fingers crossed.

Old Post May-03-2022 10:55  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

How old is your sister btw, Lira? I've been thinking about this quite a bit actually. How are your parents doing?? I can't even imagine this happening to my child.

Old Post May-03-2022 11:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

My sister is 37 years old, that's what took us all by surprise. The only other person in our family who had a stroke was my granddad when he was twice her age.

As for my parents, they're dealing with it much better than I had expected, keeping a very positive outlook and visiting her whenever possible. Of course they're worried, and they've been way chattier than usual (it's an emotion outlet, I think?), giving me and my brother quite frequent updates. I guess they're coping well mostly because they know their quick thinking most likely saved her life (had they just shrugged it off like the gym staff did, the outcome would've been very different). They're the other reason I hope nothing worse happens, really.

Old Post May-03-2022 15:19  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Holy shit, my long distance friend, I am so sorry. Once again, something confirms that, luckily, all my problems are still first world. I wish your sister a speedy recovery, and you and your family the strength and love needed to make it through as her support system. Sending the warmest of virtual feelings/hopes/thoughts/dreams. Much love and respect from the tiny mountains of Tennessee, sir!

Old Post May-03-2022 21:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Had a rough day today. Crashed my bike and had a nasty pair of lacerations on my right hand plus a half dozen road rash spots. A painful 4 hours.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post May-05-2022 00:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

A speedy recovery, Nick, and hurray for helmets!
quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Holy shit, my long distance friend, I am so sorry. Once again, something confirms that, luckily, all my problems are still first world. I wish your sister a speedy recovery, and you and your family the strength and love needed to make it through as her support system. Sending the warmest of virtual feelings/hopes/thoughts/dreams. Much love and respect from the tiny mountains of Tennessee, sir!

Thank you!

Well, she has been extubated and, according to my parents, she's doing just fine, all things considered. Tomorrow she'll probably be out of the ICU, and we'll soon know if there's any permanent damage, although no one noticed anything unusual yet.

Last edited by Lira on May-05-2022 at 07:58

Old Post May-05-2022 07:26  Brazil
Silky Johnson

Holy shit dude that's a miracle!! Very happy for your sister and fam. 💜

Old Post May-05-2022 10:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Had a rough day today. Crashed my bike and had a nasty pair of lacerations on my right hand plus a half dozen road rash spots. A painful 4 hours.

This gives me the willies. My dad was hit by a car and killed while road cycling...a week after he flipped and dislocated his shoulder mountain biking. Be careful!

Old Post May-05-2022 10:17 
ziptnf
Programming your future

Yeah I think I'm going to ride my bike inside for the rest of the season...

Sending love to your fam Lira...

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post May-05-2022 11:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

One of my coworkers has been hurt biking so many times it's crazy. The most recent event was someone on a motorcycle hitting him. He's pretty much sworn off road biking now, finally. Jenny, so sorry for your loss. That's heart breaking. Lira, once again, all positive energy for you and yours!

Old Post May-06-2022 11:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

My father was run over by a semi-truck/lorry. Fun stuff.

Old Post May-06-2022 18:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Monday the weirdest thing happened here in Korea. A very "peculiar" but well-meaning student from my university saw me at the bus stop... and decided he'd take me to my destination. Mind you, I already knew my way, I now speak enough Korean to get around, a friend would meet me at my destination (so I wasn't "unattended"), and the trip would take roughly 90 minutes.

This means I spent 90 minutes relentlessly telling him he didn't have to tag along and I would feel better on my own, and him insisting it was the local culture and he was happy to "help" a foreigner out. Not wanting to have problems with someone from my institution, and because I can't theoretically stop someone from walking beside me, I relented. And, after 25 months taking all possible measures against the rona, guess who's got a breakthrough infection?

I now have all the time in the world for myself while I self-isolate, heh. I'm fine, by the way, it just felt like a bad case of sinusitis for a couple of days.
quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Holy shit dude that's a miracle!! Very happy for your sister and fam. 💜

Nothing short of that, yeah. It's been a week now and she's already having strolls around her hospital room. She sometimes forgets a word or two, but yesterday she was already asking the nurses what the menu was, and she broke into a song for no good reason, so she's pretty damn back to her normal self, heh.
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Yeah I think I'm going to ride my bike inside for the rest of the season...

Sending love to your fam Lira...

Thanks! But, yeah, I'm glad nothing serious happened to you, mate.

Does indoor biking meet your training needs though? The guy who sold me my bicycle in Brasilia would often explain he'd rather train on the road because the dedicated bicycle lanes we have there couldn't recreate the competitive conditions he needed. I wonder if it's the same.
quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
One of my coworkers has been hurt biking so many times it's crazy. The most recent event was someone on a motorcycle hitting him. He's pretty much sworn off road biking now, finally.

Yeah, it's no joke. When I cycled to work a few years ago, I'd wear a helmet and my mountain bike looked like an itinerant rave festival, what with all the lights it had.

On at least one occasion a passer-by yelled "TIESTOOOO" at me. I lol'd.
quote:
Originally posted by Lews
My father was run over by a semi-truck/lorry. Fun stuff.

Holy-- you mean, just recently? Or on the topic of riding bikes? I don't recall reading about it before.

Old Post May-07-2022 11:47  Brazil

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 2022 thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (27): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback!! Amazing Old Classic !! Number 2... ID PLZ [2003] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackReysan Khan - Shiatsu (2 Players Remix) [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread