Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > A Brief Journey Through Interplanetary Space
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
skip
a.k.a. skip2

this seemed like an interesting concept, so i decided to download and give this a listen.
and i gotta say: where's the music? :P

IMO this doesn't work by itself at all. as background music for some space documentary it might work really well, but by itself not at all, for me at least. it's just too simple. i enjoy the sounds but there's not enough music like quality in them. the set got a bit more interesting at the end though.
and i have nothing bad to say about the mixing as i didn't hear any of the transitions.

Get Dropbox, with 250 MB extra space!

Old Post Oct-29-2006 13:16  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for skip Click here to Send skip a Private Message Add skip to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

RAINBORNE

thanks. i'm working on another, hope you'll like that one too.

bong888

SKIP

i appreciate your comments. IMO ambient music really should really blend into the background as you described. so it's quite different than chillout (or slowed-down trance), or downtempo.

also, i was trying to establish a mood as if your in space with sounds, some rythmic others not, as opposed to trying to convince you that you're in space by including tracks that explicitly tell you that you are in space or use spce fx sounds. does this make sense?

yes, i purposely changed the types of tracks as the it progressed to simulate the journey from earth through space and finally to the moon; the mix, by design, is trying to reach a climax.

i'm working on part 2 (the journey back to earth) which i promise will be a lot more like the latter half than the first half. thanks again for taking the time to listen to this.

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post Oct-29-2006 19:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stevieboy32808
==============

Is there any chance you will ever come out with a chillout trance set instead of an ambient chillout one. Ambient is beatless and not my thing. I'm dying for some chillout trance!

Old Post Oct-29-2006 19:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for stevieboy32808 Click here to Send stevieboy32808 a Private Message Add stevieboy32808 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
skip
a.k.a. skip2

quote:
Originally posted by Spacey Orange

SKIP

i appreciate your comments. IMO ambient music really should really blend into the background as you described. so it's quite different than chillout (or slowed-down trance), or downtempo.

also, i was trying to establish a mood as if your in space with sounds, some rythmic others not, as opposed to trying to convince you that you're in space by including tracks that explicitly tell you that you are in space or use spce fx sounds. does this make sense?

yes, i purposely changed the types of tracks as the it progressed to simulate the journey from earth through space and finally to the moon; the mix, by design, is trying to reach a climax.

i'm working on part 2 (the journey back to earth) which i promise will be a lot more like the latter half than the first half. thanks again for taking the time to listen to this.

alright! well i think it was good at that. it's just not my thing then i guess. somehow i just see this more as background music to some film or something like that.

Get Dropbox, with 250 MB extra space!

Old Post Oct-29-2006 20:07  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for skip Click here to Send skip a Private Message Add skip to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

quote:
Originally posted by skip
alright! well i think it was good at that. it's just not my thing then i guess. somehow i just see this more as background music to some film or something like that.

that's cool.

quote:
Originally posted by stevieboy32808
Is there any chance you will ever come out with a chillout trance set instead of an ambient chillout one. Ambient is beatless and not my thing. I'm dying for some chillout trance!

in addition to part 2 of this one i've been working on a more beat oriented ambient mix, but it's not chill out trance (or slowed trance). i just can't get into that stuff. i've tried (here), but i just can't. i'll PM you when it put a it up.

Last edited by Spacey Orange on Oct-30-2006 at 00:02

Old Post Oct-29-2006 23:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceGiant
randomly disappoints

Is you first mix (Chill Out or die again) still available somewhere? Link in the thread is invalid..

Old Post Oct-29-2006 23:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceGiant Click here to Send TranceGiant a Private Message Visit TranceGiant's homepage! Add TranceGiant to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

no, but i can put it up again. just give me a couple of days.

Old Post Oct-29-2006 23:59  United States
TranceGiant
randomly disappoints

quote:
no, but i can put it up again. just give me a couple of days.

Fine, I'm in a generous mood anyway

Would really appreciate it. I'm currently space-floating with the Interplanetary Mix and thouroughly enjoy it.

Old Post Oct-30-2006 00:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceGiant Click here to Send TranceGiant a Private Message Visit TranceGiant's homepage! Add TranceGiant to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

cheers

Old Post Oct-30-2006 00:06  United States
bong888
tranceaddict

hey spacey, i actually ended up enjoying this, was perfect for those real late nights, that go into the early mornings.. i found it quite relaxing as i listened to it as i played games, really liked the start and intro..

keep it up

Old Post Oct-30-2006 19:09  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for bong888 Click here to Send bong888 a Private Message Add bong888 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stevieboy32808
==============

quote:
in addition to part 2 of this one i've been working on a more beat oriented ambient mix, but it's not chill out trance (or slowed trance). i just can't get into that stuff. i've tried (here), but i just can't. i'll PM you when it put a it up.

Ah nuts! Well it was worth a shot asking, thanks anyways.

Old Post Oct-30-2006 19:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for stevieboy32808 Click here to Send stevieboy32808 a Private Message Add stevieboy32808 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bong888
tranceaddict

the one thing i can say is that as small as it is there is a lovely build up in this set.. 1st track slightly anoys me:P
but the last track is pure class on the the chill side of things:P

Old Post Oct-30-2006 22:49  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for bong888 Click here to Send bong888 a Private Message Add bong888 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > A Brief Journey Through Interplanetary Space
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969] []

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback[1969]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread