Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > A Message from Markus Schulz
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DiMethGuy
Calling Heaven Above....

The only thing left now is for god almighty, Tijs Verwest, to come down from the heavens and post on here

please make it stop

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DiMethGuy Click here to Send DiMethGuy a Private Message Visit DiMethGuy's homepage! Add DiMethGuy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kooshtie
trancEaddict in JAIL

SO , other than the sackless people who get a rare chance to converse with Markus via their Dell's and are sucking up as best as they can, say what you really feel. Markus, no offense, respect man, I think you got skills, maybe I think you pushed the coldharbor sound a little bit too much, I think it has grown old, and isnt innovative anymore....I think that instead of catering to people who pray/worship ASOT you should play what you feel is quality. I remember back in the day,I loved what you did with the show, but now it's just providing crappy fucking music to the masses of new listeners which call themselves the trance community, who are 16 year old geeks sitting behind their computers, lifting their hands whenever they hear an OMG I DIE breakdown. Let's slowly bring things to the way they were, bring back the vibe and respectability to DJ's who are more pop icons than ever before. Bring back the underground edge, and innovative sounds that gave us chills. Bring back trance.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for Kooshtie Click here to Send Kooshtie a Private Message Add Kooshtie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

quote:
Originally posted by Remiks
SO , other than the sackless people who get a rare chance to converse with Markus via their Dell's and are sucking up as best as they can, say what you really feel. Markus, no offense, respect man, I think you got skills, maybe I think you pushed the coldharbor sound a little bit too much, I think it has grown old, and isnt innovative anymore....I think that instead of catering to people who pray/worship ASOT you should play what you feel is quality. I remember back in the day,I loved what you did with the show, but now it's just providing crappy fucking music to the masses of new listeners which call themselves the trance community, who are 16 year old geeks sitting behind their computers, lifting their hands whenever they hear an OMG I DIE breakdown. Let's slowly bring things to the way they were, bring back the vibe and respectability to DJ's who are more pop icons than ever before. Bring back the underground edge, and innovative sounds that gave us chills. Bring back trance.

Can I have your babies?

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dave Piazza
The Elitist

quote:
Originally posted by Remiks

excellent post. my thoughts exactly

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:52  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Piazza Click here to Send Dave Piazza a Private Message Visit Dave Piazza's homepage! Add Dave Piazza to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
neural defect
Supreme tranceaddict

Go, Markus! Go, Markus! It's your birthday!

Well said, Markus. I respect what you said.

I respect what anybody says about the subject matter and the music they love. Like Wraith wrote, it is also something I've been thinking about for quite some time; "hopefully the community can come together and fix" the problem.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for neural defect Click here to Send neural defect a Private Message Add neural defect to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tribu

I disagree with what Schulz posted...somewhat. Alot of thread hijacking and other ridiculous stuff has taken place here. Alot of the "elitists" (i use this for lack of a better word) are disrespectful to people's threads. However, alot of noobs and recents disrespect the rules just as much. This often leads to stupid flame wars and destruction of legitimate threads.

It is not the place of anyone to call out the mods and tell them that they are not doing their job, or not doing it enough. I think the mods have alot to handle and they do a better-than-good job of keeping TA under control. If anyone wants to critique the mods, it should be done via PM or some other form of contact, not posted publically.

As far as Markus goes, I dont like his sets as much as I used to, but I respect the amount of work he does between spinning and producing tracks. Even if I dont like the tracks (which often I dont), I know how much work goes into making even the most formulaic of music sound good, though I wouldnt necessarily apply the 'most' label to Markus. It is alot of work, to be sure. However, I got the impression from the initial post and title that he is trying to use his status in the electronic world to force changes upon this forum. That should not be. People should be free to say what they want here, as long as it is not ridiculously out of context and not taking over a thread unnecessarily. No one from the newest TiT to the biggest DJ should suggest that people dont have this right.

If you dont like this place and the direction it takes or has taken, there are plenty of other forums on the internet to browse. And if you can handle no more than reading, you can always avoid replying to threads. Additionally, if certain users bother you, you can ignore them by pressing the ignore button in the frame of any of their individual posts. And as always, if reading posts here bothers you that much, you have the option to leave.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:57 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DiMethGuy
Calling Heaven Above....

quote:
Originally posted by torontotrance
I have the sense that people are blaming me for the shit. Well I'll be blunt as usual, I doubt I'm going to stop saying that certain people are killing the damn scene imo nor I am going to hide. No offence Markus but you got too many people kissing your ass and it must be pathetic as feck. I respect Markus, he trying to make a career and pay the bills. I don't agree with where he is going but I just don't care. I figure that it is time to speak up at times and tranceaddict has always been that special place to do it. Here, you have both sides to everything and that won't change. Nice post Markus but I'm not going to change my views or stop saying what I want. I have the freedom of free speech and yes it does have limits but I have not crossed those limits. Markus will make the top 100 this year and his fans will be happy and his detractors won't be, nuff said.

I wouldn't blame you...I'd thank you. Due to your posts and opinions, apparently DJ's are waking up and realizing that "True" fans of the scene are sick of their predicitive, cookie-cutter material. They prolly wont fully awaken because there are more "OMG I DIE" types out there then people who truly care about where this music is going. But he'll have his groupies and drink Crystal on SOBE...and practice his Jesus poses with Oakie

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DiMethGuy Click here to Send DiMethGuy a Private Message Visit DiMethGuy's homepage! Add DiMethGuy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
töbias
Supreme tranceaddict

This thread makes me feel like registering paulvandyk and posting a message for all..

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:58  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for töbias Click here to Send töbias a Private Message Visit töbias's homepage! Add töbias to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
eieregooie
Perceptions

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Piazza
excellent post. my thoughts exactly

That post has absolutely nothing to do with anything YOU posted in this entire thread.

Good to see we're back on the subject now.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for eieregooie Click here to Send eieregooie a Private Message Add eieregooie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dave Piazza
The Elitist

quote:
Originally posted by tribu
I disagree with what Schulz posted...somewhat. Alot of thread hijacking and other ridiculous stuff has taken place here. Alot of the "elitists" (i use this for lack of a better word) are disrespectful to people's threads. However, alot of noobs and recents disrespect the rules just as much. This often leads to stupid flame wars and destruction of legitimate threads.

It is not the place of anyone to call out the mods and tell them that they are not doing their job, or not doing it enough. I think the mods have alot to handle and they do a better-than-good job of keeping TA under control. If anyone wants to critique the mods, it should be done via PM or some other form of contact, not posted publically.

As far as Markus goes, I dont like his sets as much as I used to, but I respect the amount of work he does between spinning and producing tracks. Even if I dont like the tracks (which often I dont), I know how much work goes into making even the most formulaic of music sound good, though I wouldnt necessarily apply the 'most' label to Markus. It is alot of work, to be sure. However, I got the impression from the initial post and title that he is trying to use his status in the electronic world to force changes upon this forum. That should not be. People should be free to say what they want here, as long as it is not ridiculously out of context and not taking over a thread unnecessarily. No one from the newest TiT to the biggest DJ should suggest that people dont have this right.

If you dont like this place and the direction it takes or has taken, there are plenty of other forums on the internet to browse. And if you can handle no more than reading, you can always avoid replying to threads. Additionally, if certain users bother you, you can ignore them by pressing the ignore button in the frame of any of their individual posts. And as always, if reading posts here bothers you that much, you have the option to leave.

Excellent post.

I can sense that the backbone of TA has arrived !

Old Post Oct-27-2004 03:59  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Piazza Click here to Send Dave Piazza a Private Message Visit Dave Piazza's homepage! Add Dave Piazza to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tiesto14
Let The Music Play

Who is this Markus Schulz character anyway?

Old Post Oct-27-2004 04:01  Bahamas
Click Here to See the Profile for tiesto14 Click here to Send tiesto14 a Private Message Visit tiesto14's homepage! Add tiesto14 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dave Piazza
The Elitist

quote:
Originally posted by eieregooie
That post has absolutely nothing to do with anything YOU posted in this entire thread.

yes it does! I said that this was an attempt by markus to censor the boards. BTW I got a PM from Arturo stating that he would ban me if Im not nice to Schulz. Odd

Old Post Oct-27-2004 04:01  Italy

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > A Message from Markus Schulz
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackEnnio Morricone - Le Professionnel (Chi mai) (Trance Cover ?) [2003] [6]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTaiko - "Silence" (Darren Styles Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread