Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > The Supersaw Thread
Pages (21): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
everyMan
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by FrancoR
I think that the airwave melody is the best example of supersaw
Click Me

some sync problems on this one

and derivative's one is nice but I think the filter used doesn't really match.

Old Post Dec-03-2005 11:13  France
Click Here to See the Profile for everyMan Click here to Send everyMan a Private Message Add everyMan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Derivative
Bipolar Bear

hurrr! im gonna update it in a sec.

i dont own a JP and dont have any kind of reference sound so i dont know how the filter sounds like when it sweeps. the only reference i have is that 'supersaw B.wav' that someone posted playing an airwave melody. no filter sweep though.

if someone would be gracious enough to post details of the JP filter and a soundclip of someone sweeping a straight saw oscillator. then a straight supersaw oscillator, with 0 resonance and then with resonance at around 1/3rd of the way up. then ill try to emulate it on virus b and post the specs.

but i need a reference. i got really close to the 303 filter (and really close to the 303 saw wave) on virus b but i had audiorealism bassline as a reference model.

Old Post Dec-03-2005 13:04  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for Derivative Click here to Send Derivative a Private Message Add Derivative to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Derivative
Bipolar Bear

ehhh. heres the update:

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

i didnt bother with the filter sweep this time since i dont know what the real deal sounds like. i fixed the PWM issues and the LFO sync. upped the detune too. im not normally into really heavily detuned sounds (they sound out of tune to my ears, especially above C6). but you kind of have to use loads of it to get close to the tone of a supersaw. i think i have the tone nearly down to a tee. theres not enough saws though and there are still issues.

the problems:

1) i dont have enough voices on my virus b to playback this patch in 1 go (only have 24 voices. less actually since im using the 3rd oscillator). it consists of 2 parts in a multi timbral patch. the high intervals are played as normal (unison is on x4 now. cannot go any higher without voices cutting out). heres the problem, the underlying sub part is the same patch only with 0 resonance and unison x8. therefore to play the whole thing in realtime you would need a virus TI (the 32 voice limit on a virus C is not enough).

2) i have used post processing on this since i dont have the EQ of the virus C. effects i added - fruity chorus, fruity delay 2, parametric EQ and the whole thing is compressed using voxengo crunchessor. i changed the high shelf and low shelf, pulling the high shelf more into the upper mids. but theres slightly too much mid now. i sorted out the low end boom i think. the virus saw waves however are too dark to replicate a supersaw without a high shelf EQ.

even with the compressor i had to run it into soundforge and manually lower the gain on all the clipped peaks. there were lots of really huge spikes that just ate up headroom. by doing this i saved 4 dB of headroom.

once i nail a supersaw on a virus b, i wanna work on a perfect prophet 5 clone...

i imagine building supersaws on a virus TI would be 10 times easier. more voices, shelf EQs, hypersaw oscillator. etc.

Old Post Dec-03-2005 13:47  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for Derivative Click here to Send Derivative a Private Message Add Derivative to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
everyMan
Supreme tranceaddict

nice update. it sounds really close now.
If you want to hear a supersaw, try the rb2k1 mp3 demo http://www.rb2k1.com/rtbv1.htm
or the 3rd Xploration mp3 demo from vengeance sound http://www.soundwizard.de/Sounds/ww...l%20Schleis.mp3

here is another supersaw melody (FM7) : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/TranceDevotion/sanctuary.mp3

Old Post Dec-03-2005 14:21  France
Click Here to See the Profile for everyMan Click here to Send everyMan a Private Message Add everyMan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bachatu
A Trance Of Thought

I thought i'd join in an contribute to the almighty super saw thread. This I made with a Virus C. The main difference in character from the JP-80X0 to the virus (besides the brightness factor) and other VAs is that the JP-80X0 supersaw and saw waveform has a more sharp aggressive bite to it. The Virus sounds smoother, more creamy.

Right click here, save as, rename to mp3

Old Post Dec-04-2005 07:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for bachatu Click here to Send bachatu a Private Message Visit bachatu's homepage! Add bachatu to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Eldritch
Eldritch Project

Here's a new version of my supersaw. It's alot sharper than before and to me it sounds pretty close to the real thing.
[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

Old Post Dec-08-2005 00:22  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Eldritch Click here to Send Eldritch a Private Message Add Eldritch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hideyourface
tranceaddict in training

I have fruity loops 3 (fl studio 4 and 5 run too slow and the sound is choppy on my computer) and I dont know what to download or buy to get the supersaw sound. I'd very much prefer downloading something for free, and Im using such an old program because Im still a beginner and Im learning the basics.

Old Post Dec-10-2005 02:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for hideyourface Click here to Send hideyourface a Private Message Add hideyourface to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dj jasonF
Supreme tranceaddict

www.kvraudio.com > search for superwave p8 > download superwave > use superwave.

also... search the forums for ambins ensemble for reaktor... if you have reaktor ofcourse.

Old Post Dec-10-2005 02:28  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for dj jasonF Click here to Send dj jasonF a Private Message Add dj jasonF to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hideyourface
tranceaddict in training

thanks, but uh, I downloaded superwave and put it in my effects folder, and I got it to open in fl, but any changes I made with it didn't exactly do anything. Do you know why?

Old Post Dec-10-2005 02:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for hideyourface Click here to Send hideyourface a Private Message Add hideyourface to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dj jasonF
Supreme tranceaddict

what fx folder? put it in the vst folder (altho i dont remember the version floops started supporting vst). anyway if its open you can use it.

so whatdo you mean? you play notes and nothing comes out?

Old Post Dec-10-2005 02:54  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for dj jasonF Click here to Send dj jasonF a Private Message Add dj jasonF to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hideyourface
tranceaddict in training

Its in the vst and it opens properly. Just when I add it as an effect to a sample, the sample doesn't change at all when I change something on the superwave

Old Post Dec-10-2005 02:59  Canada
DJ Initial
tranceaddict in training

It's a soft synth, not an effect

Old Post Dec-10-2005 03:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Initial Click here to Send DJ Initial a Private Message Add DJ Initial to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > The Supersaw Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (21): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID this tune [2008] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackStorm - We Love [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread