Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > BPM counter which saves BPM to tags
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Shemeck
Supreme tranceaddict

BPM counter which saves BPM to tags

Im looking for a program which calculates bpm. I personally use mixmeister bpm counter and it is really good however. this program does not save bpm to the mp3 tag. i read that it does however it does not or could you tell me what do i do wrong.
anyway do you know any other alternatives to mixmeister?

thanks

Old Post Nov-26-2006 02:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for Shemeck Click here to Send Shemeck a Private Message Add Shemeck to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Glassball
Senior tranceaddict

Re: BPM counter which saves BPM to tags

quote:
Originally posted by yogi bear

anyway do you know any other alternatives to mixmeister?

thanks

your ears

Monthly psytrance mixes on www.DI.fm - First Thursday of every month.

Old Post Nov-26-2006 06:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Glassball Click here to Send Glassball a Private Message Visit Glassball's homepage! Add Glassball to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jarvmeister
Building a fire......

Re: Re: BPM counter which saves BPM to tags

quote:
Originally posted by Glassball
your ears

The question posed by Yogi isn't quite as unprofessional as it sounds......

It's useful, even to pro DJs, to label the BPM of a track - especially when using this information in conjuntion with the key of the track.

This way you can choose tunes that are similar BPM and in the same key and know that by only having to pitch them up or down a little bit you're not going to affect the key while you mix.

I wouldn't expect someone to count the amount of beats in a given minute of a track rather than use a program.

I don't have a suggestion for software, but hardware wise I would use my mixer or CDJs if BPM info was important to me.

Jarv

Last edited by Jarvmeister on Nov-26-2006 at 15:52

Old Post Nov-26-2006 12:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for Jarvmeister Click here to Send Jarvmeister a Private Message Add Jarvmeister to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sleepydragon
Supreme tranceaddict

why dont you just tap the bpm on a counter thats what i do it probably more acurate than a beat counter aswell

Old Post Nov-26-2006 13:12  England
Click Here to See the Profile for sleepydragon Click here to Send sleepydragon a Private Message Add sleepydragon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shemeck
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
your ears

my ears do not have the ability to save tempo into the mp3 tags and that is what i need. i do not have time to listen song one by one and write the tempo manually. i need something that will find and override mp3 tag with tempo.
dont you see that i already have a program which finds bpm however i need something that will do that and automatically write tempo to the mp3
if you have nothing to say dont say anything

Old Post Nov-26-2006 14:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for Shemeck Click here to Send Shemeck a Private Message Add Shemeck to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kadomony
FRENCH EXPRESS

mixmeister should be able to write the key and bpm to the tags, make sure you have the option in your settings set so that it writes em.

Old Post Nov-27-2006 05:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kadomony Click here to Send kadomony a Private Message Visit kadomony's homepage! Add kadomony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shemeck
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by kadomony
mixmeister should be able to write the key and bpm to the tags, make sure you have the option in your settings set so that it writes em.

thats the thing, this program is so simple that i do not see any options . all i have are 5 icons(import, export, rescan, print, help) how do i go to options?

Old Post Nov-27-2006 11:00 
raaven
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
your ears

+1

first you have to ask yourself the question: why do I need the bpms of my tracks? is it because I can't hear the difference myself and need someone or something to tell me what they are? or is it purely for organizational purposes? (in which case, why would you organize by bpm? there are a million and one better ways to organize your tunes.)

I'm sorry to come off rude but it's a pet peeve of mine.

Old Post Nov-27-2006 12:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for raaven Click here to Send raaven a Private Message Add raaven to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DOOMBOT
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: BPM counter which saves BPM to tags

quote:
Originally posted by raaven
+1

first you have to ask yourself the question: why do I need the bpms of my tracks? is it because I can't hear the difference myself and need someone or something to tell me what they are? or is it purely for organizational purposes? (in which case, why would you organize by bpm? there are a million and one better ways to organize your tunes.)

To each his/her own. If it helps him and he wants to do it, why shouldn't he?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/m2vgyc

Old Post Nov-27-2006 19:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for DOOMBOT Click here to Send DOOMBOT a Private Message Add DOOMBOT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zild
Ten City

LOL if you guys can't figure out why having information about your tracks tagged is beneficial then I don't know what to tell you.

Latest Mix

Old Post Nov-27-2006 20:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zild Click here to Send Zild a Private Message Add Zild to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shemeck
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by raaven
+1

it is not that i cant hear the difference, its the volume. you see working full-time(overtime 50hrs/week) and going to school full time takes most of my time and at the same time i want to stay on track with tracks and every day im getting like 10-20 new tracks, and sometimes when i hear some tracks for the first time, so imagine me putting all of them manually, just labeling cds take too much time, and imagine adding to each tag bpm i would never be able to stay on track.
its not that i cant hear its just i do not have time and dont tell me that because i dont have time i should quit. so i would appreciate that if you dont have the answer to a simple question do not reply because your response "by ears" does not work unles you show me how my ears can save bpm speed to mp3 tags then your response would be helpful because right now its useless

Old Post Nov-27-2006 21:09 
funaki
tranceaddict

try Mix Share Rapid Evolution. See if that helps you..

Cheers

Old Post Nov-27-2006 22:19  Bahrain
Click Here to See the Profile for funaki Click here to Send funaki a Private Message Add funaki to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > BPM counter which saves BPM to tags
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID Beatiful track !!!! [2005] [10]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback4 Strings - "Into The Night" (Gabriel And Dresden 6 Deep Dub) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread