Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Dave King - I Like This (A Little Mix Project)
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

Cheers mate

There was a bit of pre-planning, although a bit more than I'd like if Im honest. My intention is to not spend too much time on planning a perfecting (my wife will be pleased with this), making them more stream of conciousness . I'm working on a new tagging system for all my music which will hopefully allow this to happen much easier.

I do find it difficult to not be an obscene perfectionist when I'm playing at home just for me without the feedback of a crowd or the power of a large system. I tend to over analyse each mix and tune selection and it can kinda suck some of the enjoyment out of it. I'm wondering whether to broadcast on mixlr or similar to get that "live" pressure back on.

Although having said that I was dead chuffed with the way the last three tracks on the second one flow together and that wasn't planned in advance.

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Apr-28-2014 15:32  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

BTW, just out of curiosity, how are you finding the rips of the vinyl tracks you're using? I've always steered clear of playing vinyl rips digitally, more for fear of my inability to properly EQ them live

Old Post Apr-28-2014 17:33 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

Is it going to massively dent my street cred if I say that no vinyl was ripped in the making of these mixes?

Although more generally I've never found rips to be too much of a problem, although I've probably only played like 1 or 2 out in a live scenario and if I'm at home I just get the record out

MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Apr-29-2014 11:13  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by djdk
Cheers mate

There was a bit of pre-planning, although a bit more than I'd like if Im honest. My intention is to not spend too much time on planning a perfecting (my wife will be pleased with this), making them more stream of conciousness . I'm working on a new tagging system for all my music which will hopefully allow this to happen much easier.

I do find it difficult to not be an obscene perfectionist when I'm playing at home just for me without the feedback of a crowd or the power of a large system. I tend to over analyse each mix and tune selection and it can kinda suck some of the enjoyment out of it. I'm wondering whether to broadcast on mixlr or similar to get that "live" pressure back on.

Although having said that I was dead chuffed with the way the last three tracks on the second one flow together and that wasn't planned in advance.

I never put out mixes on here anymore because I'm not happy with any of the ones I make Being spontaneous and stream of consciousness is definitely a good skill - one I think you're damn good at! The second mix will definitely stay on my iPod for a long time (the first was good to, but my iPod is quite limited in space ).

Looking forward to next weeks' - and really hoping I get a chance to hear you play-out live when I move back to England

Old Post Apr-30-2014 05:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

Cheers mate, appreciate it

When are you back over here?

MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Apr-30-2014 16:22  United Kingdom
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
When are you back over here?

This.

Dave: I'll try and get on these. My MP3 player is fucked so I can't upload new mixes anymore and my phone won't download from SC or stream with any reliability, so perma-links would help.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Apr-30-2014 18:05  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JonDC
Supreme tranceaddict

Some absolutely awesome music for me to steal here mate

Old Post Apr-30-2014 21:31  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for JonDC Click here to Send JonDC a Private Message Add JonDC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

In September, I'm moving to London!(Unless my visa falls through, which I feel is quite unlikely.) Quite excited about it!

Old Post Apr-30-2014 23:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

Ah nice, as it happens the next gig in my diary is in Brixton on 20th September

Jack - links duly added

Jon - Steal away sir!

MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post May-01-2014 08:45  United Kingdom
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

This weeks instalment; rave breaks acid techno shiz

I somewhat apologise for the slightly schizophrenic nature of these mixes. If you were hoping for a consistent genre each week you might be a little disappointed, but hopefully it will be consistently good music

PERMA-LINK

01: Parallax Breakz - Psycho [Raveart Records]
02: Eats Everything - Hevvie [Southern Fried Records]
03: Miles Dyson - Minimal My Ass (Tobz Breaks Edit) [Plasma.Digital]
04: Lee Coombs - Control [LOT49]
05: Mason - Get Back [Boysnoize Records]
06: Strip Steve - The Funktion [Boysnoize Records]
07: Beroshima - Tory Scum (New Rave Mix) [Tulipa Recordings]
08: Sourmash - Pilgrimage To Paradise (B.L.I.M.'s Bourbon Bass Remix) [Hooj Choons]
09: Hardfloor Vs Elite Force - 'Hard Flaw' Acperience 2010 (Elite Force Revamp) [SoundCloud]
10: Scuba - The Hope [Hotflush Recordings]
11: Alphaat - 913 [Southern Fried Records]
12: Will Bailey, Persian Wolf - Expander (Peo de Pitte Remix) [Simma Records]
13: Vandal - The Wolf [LOT49]
14: Rob Gibson - Hutch [Advanced Records]

MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post May-02-2014 07:09  United Kingdom

Fuck off stop making mixes with bomb tracklists

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
In September, I'm moving to London!(Unless my visa falls through, which I feel is quite unlikely.) Quite excited about it!

AMAZING! I'm currently applying for a job, if I get it I'll be in the UK until 2017. This means all of us can meet up and have a musical orgy.

quote:
Is it going to massively dent my street cred if I say that no vinyl was ripped in the making of these mixes?

Although more generally I've never found rips to be too much of a problem, although I've probably only played like 1 or 2 out in a live scenario and if I'm at home I just get the record out

Fair enough. Reason why I asked was because I noticed the Circulation track. I just have it on vinyl, I was unaware that it's actually available digitally

Old Post May-04-2014 15:50 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

This weeks was recorded on a very sunny afternoon so some sunshine housey vibes going on here. A little late but Ive moved house this week and have been sans internet

01: Circulation - Emerald [Circulations]
02: Antonio Pocai - Buena Suerte (Alex Neri Remix) [Saw Recordings]
03: Phunkie Souls - Tha Music (Knee Deep Club Mix) [Defected]
04: Peter Paul - Cristalline (Paranoid Jack Remix) [LOT49]
05: Oliver Klein - RheinKraft (Ian Wilkie Remix) [Maelstrom Records]
06: Starecase - See (Timo Maas Remix) [Hope Recordings]
07: Midfield General - Love Thy Self (Midfield General's Disco-ish Mix) [Skint Records]
08: Stanton Warriors - Bodywork [Punks]
09: Elite Force - Black Video Noise Game [Bandcamp]
10: Lee Coombs - Bay City Roller (Kostas G Remix) [Thrust Recordings]
11: Bedrock - Emerald (Greyarea Mix) [Bedrock Records]

MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post May-10-2014 17:29  United Kingdom

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Dave King - I Like This (A Little Mix Project)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAnother older trance track... [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAsem Shama & Axel Bartsch - Drumfiles 2.0 [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread