Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Outa here. This place is dead and done.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Shakka
Supreme tranceaddict

The only logical explanation is that with no liberals left to defend one of the most unqualified presidents in U.S. history they have all left with their tails between their legs.

Or they grew up, gave up and stopped listening to trance music...

Either way, see ya later suckaz. It was nice talking with several of you, but you're all gone so you will never know that I said so!

Old Post Jul-19-2012 20:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Shakka Click here to Send Shakka a Private Message Add Shakka to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

that's hardly the "only" logical explanation. TA as a whole is in decline. it has nothing to do with obama

cya shakka, i enjoyed your posts.

Old Post Jul-21-2012 03:11  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Magnetonium
Dubstep = Douchestep

There are still TA's who talk politics. But on other forums

Whenever you go and buy something, you are affecting someone somewhere, be it environment, a person, or a community - you're making a statement with what you buy. So make it a smart choice ... Its a big picture

Old Post Aug-16-2012 16:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Magnetonium Click here to Send Magnetonium a Private Message Visit Magnetonium's homepage! Add Magnetonium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MisterOpus1
Grumpy Old Fart

Re: Outa here. This place is dead and done.

quote:
Originally posted by Shakka
The only logical explanation is that with no liberals left to defend one of the most unqualified presidents in U.S. history they have all left with their tails between their legs.

Yeah, because we all saw just how "qualified" that little turd from Texas truly was for 8 years. 9/11, Katrina, worst fiscal crisis since the Great Depression, Iraq, Afghanistan, bin Laden still alive.....quite a lot for an "unqualified" guy to come in and clean up, especially the economy. And now your best candidate is a complete douchebag asshole corporatist who has no clue how to relate to anyone outside the top 1% echelon in our country.

I really miss your "logical explanations" like this. It's that logic that has truly defined conservatives and the bullshit they've brought our country for the last 30 years.

quote:
Or they grew up, gave up and stopped listening to trance music...

Grown up a little, never stopped listening, however. The partying and late nights stopped cold years ago, and was damn glad they did.

Oh, and an eleven month little baby girl Opus addition to the family. That kinda slowed things down a bit too, but all for the good!

quote:
Either way, see ya later suckaz. It was nice talking with several of you, but you're all gone so you will never know that I said so!

Growing up has only created more fuel to my boiling Progressive heart. I'm more liberal than ever, and more pissed off at the fucking 1% turds who've gamed our system far too long and have collectively pissed on the rest of us. So fucking shocking to see the entire GOP is in their back pocket, with a healthy number of Democrats too of course (though not as a Collective like the Wingnut GOP).

I've also come across more racist Conservative fucks who are so afraid of The Other and are becoming more and more blatant with their prejudice and racism in the past 4 years. The fucking Tea Party is a gigantic representation of them who'd love nothing more than to keep their shit White but publicly decry "FOUL!" and "Hey, I've got a colored friend too!" when confronted with their bullshit. It would be funny if our damn country wasn't being held hostage by the dumbass Tea Baggers who are nothing but puppets to the corporatist shits who created their bowel movement (aka Koch bros). But the mindless GOP followers are comprised of all the idiot racists, dumbshit hicks from Smalltown USA, Religious shitmongers who want nothing more than to suppress women and minorities while outright killing others to fight for the unborn while they turnaround and do absolute jackshit for those kids who are already born and in dire need of help, and of course the fucking 1% "haves" who've got all of their politicians on their payroll passing bills and creating laws that do nothing to benefit them and no one else (IOW, those who follow Rush Limbaugh and can't watch anything other than Faux News). I only have to look in my own fucking backyard here in Kansas to see the effects of the Koch brothers having on my state as well as others (Wisconsin and their little shit governor).

So you go, Shakka. But my silence on this dying-a-slow-death-forum does not indicate anything you contend. In fact, quite the opposite. There is a growing field of Progressives and Liberals that will continue to grow in the coming decades as us White boys get shoved out of the majority population and the younger generations rightfully demonstrate more tolerance. You can have your fucking Southern states where you reside. You can take my fucked up state of Kansas with you. But aside of outright voter suppression succeeding, you have no chance in the future. The top 1% can only get their way and suppress everyone else for so long, and we're already seeing bursts of outcries against them.

Your stupid fucked up Conservative views have an endgame, and it's relieving to see that on so many levels.

Later, Bitch.

and dance about,
and stick pickles in my honker...

Last edited by MisterOpus1 on Aug-18-2012 at 20:02

Old Post Aug-18-2012 19:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MisterOpus1 Click here to Send MisterOpus1 a Private Message Add MisterOpus1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

a pleasure as always mr opus congrats on the addition to the family.

Old Post Aug-19-2012 08:37  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shakka
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Outa here. This place is dead and done.

quote:
Originally posted by MisterOpus1
Yeah, because we all saw just how "qualified" that little turd from Texas truly was for 8 years. 9/11, Katrina, worst fiscal crisis since the Great Depression, Iraq, Afghanistan, bin Laden still alive.....quite a lot for an "unqualified" guy to come in and clean up, especially the economy. And now your best candidate is a complete douchebag asshole corporatist who has no clue how to relate to anyone outside the top 1% echelon in our country.

I really miss your "logical explanations" like this. It's that logic that has truly defined conservatives and the bullshit they've brought our country for the last 30 years.

Grown up a little, never stopped listening, however. The partying and late nights stopped cold years ago, and was damn glad they did.

Oh, and an eleven month little baby girl Opus addition to the family. That kinda slowed things down a bit too, but all for the good!

Growing up has only created more fuel to my boiling Progressive heart. I'm more liberal than ever, and more pissed off at the fucking 1% turds who've gamed our system far too long and have collectively pissed on the rest of us. So fucking shocking to see the entire GOP is in their back pocket, with a healthy number of Democrats too of course (though not as a Collective like the Wingnut GOP).

I've also come across more racist Conservative fucks who are so afraid of The Other and are becoming more and more blatant with their prejudice and racism in the past 4 years. The fucking Tea Party is a gigantic representation of them who'd love nothing more than to keep their shit White but publicly decry "FOUL!" and "Hey, I've got a colored friend too!" when confronted with their bullshit. It would be funny if our damn country wasn't being held hostage by the dumbass Tea Baggers who are nothing but puppets to the corporatist shits who created their bowel movement (aka Koch bros). But the mindless GOP followers are comprised of all the idiot racists, dumbshit hicks from Smalltown USA, Religious shitmongers who want nothing more than to suppress women and minorities while outright killing others to fight for the unborn while they turnaround and do absolute jackshit for those kids who are already born and in dire need of help, and of course the fucking 1% "haves" who've got all of their politicians on their payroll passing bills and creating laws that do nothing to benefit them and no one else (IOW, those who follow Rush Limbaugh and can't watch anything other than Faux News). I only have to look in my own fucking backyard here in Kansas to see the effects of the Koch brothers having on my state as well as others (Wisconsin and their little shit governor).

So you go, Shakka. But my silence on this dying-a-slow-death-forum does not indicate anything you contend. In fact, quite the opposite. There is a growing field of Progressives and Liberals that will continue to grow in the coming decades as us White boys get shoved out of the majority population and the younger generations rightfully demonstrate more tolerance. You can have your fucking Southern states where you reside. You can take my fucked up state of Kansas with you. But aside of outright voter suppression succeeding, you have no chance in the future. The top 1% can only get their way and suppress everyone else for so long, and we're already seeing bursts of outcries against them.

Your stupid fucked up Conservative views have an endgame, and it's relieving to see that on so many levels.

Later, Bitch.

Yikes. Sometimes you can be such a cliche! I don't even harbor that level of hatred for anyone but murderers and child molesters(congrats on yours, btw! I have 2 beautiful girls myself.)

Sorry you got so bent out of shape by my farewell--I really didn't think you of all people trolled around here anymore. But hey, like tupac said, I ain't mad atcha, I got nothin but love for ya. Hate doesn't solve anything (and either has Obama).

Try watching something other than msnbc once in a while. They're running the full court press/protect the qb at all costs smear campaign. Believe it or not Paul Ryan is a solid guy who actuall understands what he talks about. I hope you can be willing to listen.

Cheers opus, you have been one of my favorites.

Love,
Shakka

Old Post Aug-21-2012 00:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Shakka Click here to Send Shakka a Private Message Add Shakka to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zharen
Put down the plate

Man, and I was just thinking to myself earlier today whatever happened to Opus, and boom here we go. Crazy how that works sometimes.

But yeah, good-bye guys. PDD was an awesome place for its time. Lots of good debates and arguments. It will be missed.

Old Post Aug-21-2012 20:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zharen Click here to Send Zharen a Private Message Add Zharen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MisterOpus1
Grumpy Old Fart

Re: Re: Re: Outa here. This place is dead and done.

quote:
Originally posted by Shakka
Yikes. Sometimes you can be such a cliche! I don't even harbor that level of hatred for anyone but murderers and child molesters(congrats on yours, btw! I have 2 beautiful girls myself.)

Sorry you got so bent out of shape by my farewell--I really didn't think you of all people trolled around here anymore. But hey, like tupac said, I ain't mad atcha, I got nothin but love for ya. Hate doesn't solve anything (and either has Obama).

Try watching something other than msnbc once in a while. They're running the full court press/protect the qb at all costs smear campaign. Believe it or not Paul Ryan is a solid guy who actuall understands what he talks about. I hope you can be willing to listen.

Cheers opus, you have been one of my favorites.

Love,
Shakka

Hehe, it worked .

You know I loved debatin' ya Shakka. Just figured since you might have been baitin' someone like me a little with your post, I might throw a little bait back.

Anywho, despite what others on my side may say, I think Ryan is a formidable VP candidate. He's articulate, very well-spoken, flippin' miles ahead of the last VP candidate you had, good lookin, intelligent, etc.

But his budget proposal and plan for Medicare is nothing shy of batshit insane, and no one but the wingnutters will buy into it. Adding an average of $6500 extra for each Medicare recipient according to the CBO and essentially ending Medicare as we know it by turning it into a voucher system just isn't gonna fly:

www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3708

He adds no specifics to his proposal at all, and nothing is actually balanced. In fact, he adds some 2.5 trillion to the deficit:

quote:
On the tax side, Ryan proposes big cuts in tax rates on top income brackets and corporations. He has tried to dodge the normal process in which tax proposals are "scored" by independent auditors, but the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center has done the math, and the revenue loss from these cuts comes to $4.3 trillion over the next decade.

On the spending side, Ryan proposes huge cuts in Medicaid, turning it over to the states while sharply reducing funding relative to projections under current policy. That saves about $800 billion. He proposes similar harsh cuts in food stamps, saving a further $130 billion or so, plus a grab-bag of other cuts, such as reduced aid to college students. Let's be generous and say that all these cuts would save $1 trillion.

On top of this, Ryan includes the $716 billion in Medicare savings that are part of Obamacare, even though he wants to scrap everything else in that act. Despite this, Ryan has now joined Romney in denouncing President Barack Obama for "cutting Medicare"; more on that in a minute.

So if we add up Ryan's specific proposals, we have $4.3 trillion in tax cuts, partially offset by around $1.7 trillion in spending cuts – with the tax cuts, surprise, disproportionately benefiting the top 1 percent, while the spending cuts would primarily come at the expense of low-income families. Overall, the effect would be to increase the deficit by about $2.5 trillion.

Yet Ryan claims to be a deficit hawk. What's the basis for that claim?

Well, he says that he would offset his tax cuts by "base broadening," eliminating enough tax deductions to make up the lost revenue. Which deductions would he eliminate? He refuses to say – and realistically, revenue gain on the scale he claims would be virtually impossible.

At the same time, he asserts that he would make huge further cuts in spending. What would he cut? He refuses to say.

What Ryan actually offers, then, are specific proposals that would sharply increase the deficit, plus an assertion that he has secret tax and spending plans that he refuses to share with us, but which will turn his overall plan into deficit reduction.

If this sounds like a joke, that's because it is. Yet Ryan's "plan" has been treated with great respect in Washington. He even received an award for fiscal responsibility from three of the leading deficit-scold pressure groups. What's going on?

The answer, basically, is a triumph of style over substance. Over the longer term, the Ryan plan would end Medicare as we know it – and in Washington, "fiscal responsibility" is often equated with willingness to slash Medicare and Social Security, even if the purported savings would be used to cut taxes on the rich rather than to reduce deficits. Also, self-proclaimed centrists are always looking for conservatives they can praise to showcase their centrism, and Ryan has skillfully played into that weakness, talking a good game even if his numbers don't add up.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/21/39...l#storylink=cpy

The guy's ideas are about as serious as an assclown. But if that darn librul media loves him the way that they do, who knows what will happen.

But hey, I do wish you and your family the best. Take care.

and dance about,
and stick pickles in my honker...

Old Post Aug-22-2012 18:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MisterOpus1 Click here to Send MisterOpus1 a Private Message Add MisterOpus1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LazFX
Supreme tranceaddict

came in to see what was up with this place with the recent attack in Lybia..... it was cool to see old names still lurking about....

This 40 Year old still jamz the trance,

Damn I am 40?!?!

Old Post Sep-12-2012 21:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LazFX Click here to Send LazFX a Private Message Visit LazFX's homepage! Add LazFX to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

It's "Libya"

Old Post Sep-12-2012 21:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LazFX
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jonmitz
It's "Libya"

Apologies

Fat thumbs on a HTC don't mix.

Old Post Sep-12-2012 21:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LazFX Click here to Send LazFX a Private Message Visit LazFX's homepage! Add LazFX to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Wink_Dinkleson
tranceaddict in training

Re: Re: Outa here. This place is dead and done.

quote:
Originally posted by MisterOpus1
I'm more liberal than ever, and more pissed off at the fucking 1% turds who've gamed our system far too long and have collectively pissed on the rest of us. So fucking shocking to see the entire GOP is in their back pocket, with a healthy number of Democrats too of course (though not as a Collective like the Wingnut GOP).

I agree that the GOP blows but it's not the 1% who are to blame. I'd be more inclined to point my finger at the top 0.001%. People like David Rockefeller, who pretty much runs the show and holds sway over both sides of our false Left/Right political paradigm through organizations like the CFR, the Trilateral Commission, etc.

When I first heard about Obama, it was through one of these three men. I'll let you guess which Rockefeller crony it was but to make things easier for you I will say this: Henry Kissinger backed Senator John McCain in the 2008 election.

Old Post Jul-02-2014 05:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Wink_Dinkleson Click here to Send Wink_Dinkleson a Private Message Add Wink_Dinkleson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Outa here. This place is dead and done.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackInto The Blue Light [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMr. Burns - Everlasting (Part 1) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread