Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Damn, this is sad af
Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

quote:
Originally posted by mute79
hey guys, it's the spring solstice! whoever reads this in a month, happy spring time!

Isn't is spring equinox? solstice is in the summer I thought.

Old Post Mar-22-2019 00:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bluecloud
tranceaddict

Dancing Dude

So no events for the summer?

Old Post Apr-19-2019 03:53  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for bluecloud Click here to Send bluecloud a Private Message Add bluecloud to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Brennen
Supreme tranceaddict

I kinda missed this place :P

Old Post Apr-19-2019 13:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Brennen Click here to Send Brennen a Private Message Visit Brennen's homepage! Add Brennen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Prometheus Xex
Still alive.

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Yeah lots of us still go out! I have a toddler now so I'm not out as often as before, but I couldn't imagine not finding time for music, dancing, and so on.

... and some of us are just getting mega old to care to go out. LOL

Old Post Apr-25-2019 11:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Prometheus Xex Click here to Send Prometheus Xex a Private Message Visit Prometheus Xex's homepage! Add Prometheus Xex to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

I don't really see what age has to do with one's passion for and enjoyment of music. I find it difficult to imagine just losing interest like that/simply because one is "old," unless it was never really about the music in the first place; people party for all kinds of different reasons.

There are more excellent options now than ever that don't involve going to the same 2 venues all the time, same promotion crews, same crowds, same flavour of the month DJs.

But if you believe there is an age limit on when/how/where/why to have fun, then yeah I suppose you are definitely "too old."

Old Post Apr-28-2019 10:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
I don't really see what age has to do with one's passion for and enjoyment of music. I find it difficult to imagine just losing interest like that/simply because one is "old," unless it was never really about the music in the first place; people party for all kinds of different reasons.

Yup.

They were never really fans of the music in the first place. It's especially funny now when you go to an event and someone says they're there for a certain DJ yet they don't even know what that DJ looks like. "Is DJ ____ on yet?" Uhhh, he's been playing for an hour? lol

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post May-05-2019 17:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Prometheus Xex
Still alive.

quote:

There are more excellent options now than ever that don't involve going to the same 2 venues all the time, same promotion crews, same crowds, same flavor of the month DJs.

But if you believe there is an age limit on when/how/where/why to have fun, then yeah I suppose you are definitely "too old."

I never said there was an age limit. Hell... I download many House/Trance/HardTrance and PsyTrance podcasts every week, and watch whatever live stream of any music festival is on at that time. I'm surprised my wife still puts up with it to be honest. It'll never leave my system and I've been listening to some type of dance music since the 70's disco era.

It's just life changes and the will to go clubbing (regardless of venue) also diminishes... although at times I miss it a lot.

FYI, I've been clubbing on and off for close to 35 years.

Old Post May-07-2019 16:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Prometheus Xex Click here to Send Prometheus Xex a Private Message Visit Prometheus Xex's homepage! Add Prometheus Xex to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus Xex
I never said there was an age limit.

That statement is in direct contradiction to this:

quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus Xex
... and some of us are just getting mega old to care to go out. LOL

"Mega old to care" doesn't leave much room for interpretation. But you go on with your bad, old, self.

Old Post May-07-2019 16:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RobSt*r
Supreme tranceaddict

Be nice JP :P

https://soundcloud.com/deephousevan...hilary-mertaugh

You're welcome

Old Post May-17-2019 22:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for RobSt*r Click here to Send RobSt*r a Private Message Add RobSt*r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

He called himself old first!!

Old Post May-22-2019 17:37 
r5a
snake inverter

i forgot i posted in this thread.

the millennials with 3 second attention span wiped out the baby boomers is the problem. not to mention they literally grew out of it (had families, dont give a fuck anymore, etc)

since i grew up with you fucks i appreciate shit but pop edm totally steamrolled the tasteful artists. its all about the fast drop and the simple beat nowadays with kids. you gotta suck a FAT D to get any decent events in TO (ie last thing I saw was Nils Frahm and Nora En Pure)

Old Post May-24-2019 04:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for r5a Click here to Send r5a a Private Message Add r5a to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

There are still lots of good events in Toronto if you look for them. Pretty pumped for Lawler in a couple weeks. PRIDE parties are always great at the 519, and Danny T at the Treehouse party this year. And of course, DEMF this weekend, though that's in Detroit.

I'm 35 and still go out frequently, though not every weekend or multiple times per week like in my 20s. The love of music will never go away.

Old Post May-24-2019 16:52  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Damn, this is sad af
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID this classic! [2006] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDidier Sinclair & DJ Chris Pi - Heavenly [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread