Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > Album - Superstition [Breakbeat] - Now with singles
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
I had another listen and it seems the kick is way more prominent now? Saying that I was listening on cans last time.

I think in the context of having a really cool backgroung sound on the kick kills it a bit.

I really can see you doing well uot of this with the right level of doof.

I remain most impressed

I tweaked the mix a little last night but actually turned down some bus EQ I had on the kick along with the gain on the master limiter (which was never really triggered regularly by the kick but...). I did nudge the bass line a little to take care of some thin-ness I didn't want for it in the mix.

EDIT: Just quickly comparing the mix on phones and speakers... Something to consider. I don't think I was quashing any regular dynamics with the limiter in the first draft but I'm wondering if I could lower the kicks a little to get some more space for the back-ground. I hear much more back-ground with less kick through my phones than I do on my speakers so I'm going to have to think about it. Definitely value your input on this.

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Last edited by EddieZilker on Oct-31-2010 at 20:40

Old Post Oct-31-2010 20:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
theterran
Supreme tranceaddict

damn, need to keep more up on things, shoulda poked me or something...

65 minutes of zilker eh? Sounds tasty. Chucking this on the ipod for the drive tommorow. Will give some feedback lata.

Old Post Nov-01-2010 09:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for theterran Click here to Send theterran a Private Message Add theterran to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

quote:
Originally posted by theterran
damn, need to keep more up on things, shoulda poked me or something...

65 minutes of zilker eh? Sounds tasty. Chucking this on the ipod for the drive tommorow. Will give some feedback lata.

Thanks, man. Let me know how it sounded. I did put it one my facebook.

Now with extra singles!

Old Post Nov-02-2010 18:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Owsey
Supreme tranceaddict

I still haven't had the free time to sit content for an hour, so tomorrow I'm going to put it on my mp3 and play it while cycling. It's probably not the best place to listen for the first time, but I really want to hear what you've created

Old Post Nov-02-2010 20:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for Owsey Click here to Send Owsey a Private Message Add Owsey to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Unique2701
in deep space

Right, I don't produce or know anything about that, so I can't share any thoughts on the technical part. Anyways, I liked this a lot, the last ~25minutes really stand out to me. I listened to this a couple of times now, the first/middle part starts to make more sense now. I really dig that last but one track, it's so lush and dreamy. Well done.

If I am the storm, if I am the wonder..
Will I have flashlights, nightmares and sudden explosions?

Old Post Nov-02-2010 21:54  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Unique2701 Click here to Send Unique2701 a Private Message Visit Unique2701's homepage! Add Unique2701 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

quote:
Originally posted by Unique2701
Right, I don't produce or know anything about that, so I can't share any thoughts on the technical part. Anyways, I liked this a lot, the last ~25minutes really stand out to me. I listened to this a couple of times now, the first/middle part starts to make more sense now. I really dig that last but one track, it's so lush and dreamy. Well done.

Sweet! That last part is my favorite, too. Glad you liked it.

@Owen: Now I wish I had a bicycle. Some of your stuff would be awesome to ride to. BTW, to your credit, I referred someone who critiqued this album to your material.

Now with extra singles!

Old Post Nov-02-2010 22:07  United States
theterran
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by EddieZilker I did put it one my facebook.

What's facebook again? Oh yeah...:S

Might give it a few extra listens before I post any thoughts...and I really like the idea of trying for an hour start to finish on a project...Might have to give this a go someday.

Old Post Nov-03-2010 17:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for theterran Click here to Send theterran a Private Message Add theterran to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Unique2701
in deep space

Are you going to share the tracks seperately? I'm not really a fan of mixed albums

If I am the storm, if I am the wonder..
Will I have flashlights, nightmares and sudden explosions?

Old Post Nov-03-2010 20:11  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Unique2701 Click here to Send Unique2701 a Private Message Visit Unique2701's homepage! Add Unique2701 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

quote:
Originally posted by theterran
What's facebook again? Oh yeah...:S

Might give it a few extra listens before I post any thoughts...and I really like the idea of trying for an hour start to finish on a project...Might have to give this a go someday.

My only advice is to think about what's ahead, in the loosest of terms, but still keep the future of the song, in mind, and recycle your instruments by stacking and tweaking. I've got a lot of sounds that played two or more different parts.

And don't get me started on my dismal failure of a facebook page. It's horrid. My girlfriend's is well over a thousand.

Now with extra singles!

Old Post Nov-03-2010 20:14  United States
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

quote:
Originally posted by Mad for Brad
perhaps but I am just surprised how inept some people are. For example, your little album , I could bear about 20 seconds. It sounded like you just put a drum machine with a random beat and sounds , then jammed for 1 hour. The mixing is horrible, everything is muffled and it sort of saddens me that people's s standards are so damn low. I mean even my girlfriend laughed while it was playing wondering what the fuck I was listening to. It isn't just me. I just think most people here only listen to EDM and as a result their compass for what sucks and what doesnt ain't exactly calibrated properly.

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...9&forumid=74&s=

Clearly I pushed someone's button, here.

Have your temper-tantrum with me, in my thread but I'm not going to trash someone else's while you toss over the lack of merit in my work.

Now with extra singles!

Old Post Nov-03-2010 21:23  United States
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

no temper here. I just thought perhaps you could of made 3 minutes of something that was more interesting and developed than the 1 hour of boring uninteresting poorly crafted work you made here. It sounds like you've been making music for about 1 month. I just don't get how you can talk rather maturely about music but then make something so poor in craftsmanship.

Old Post Nov-03-2010 21:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

quote:
Originally posted by Mad for Brad
no temper here. I just thought perhaps you could of made 3 minutes of something that was more interesting and developed than the 1 hour of boring uninteresting poorly crafted work you made here. It sounds like you've been making music for about 1 month. I just don't get how you can talk rather maturely about music but then make something so poor in craftsmanship.

You listened to twenty seconds, or are you implying that 20 seconds ended the grace for your ears and you suffered additionally as you perused the index on the sound-cloud player? And then came to the conclusion that my drum programming was spewing out random and unrelated patterns. What can I say? The factory presets I was using just weren't that coherent? You may not have liked the inclinations to house music I tried to accomplish or even the progression of the drum patterns; the sounds I have chosen, the opacity of my mix, or my overall style for this particular piece of work, but your analysis shows precious little insight into my strategy, goals, and ethos I employed. There is even less of what I would consider helpful which almost seems to imply that it is beyond any sort of help you could offer.

That said, If I'm accusing you of being upset, it's because the hallmarks of hostility are couched in the language you're using. It's the haughty, dismissive attitude and your clinical tone of eviscerating condescension; completely devoid of any empathy, what-so-ever. The inevitable conclusion one should come to, being so addressed by an industry professional, would seem to be that all is lost and that one ought to pack it in or at least have the decency to refrain from displaying home-made digital swill.

What would you have me think of what you post, if it is, in actuality, not meant to cause harm? That it is some inevitable truth I (or we, as the case may be) ought to come to grips with which, in the end, would serve me (us) in some way? That you're not casting aspersions but, instead, just tossing out your nuggets of unvarnished truth and letting the chips fall where they may?

I'm all for being honest, in particular because I've seen and heard where white-washing glaring issues actually poses a disservice to those such a treatment was meant to protect. I'm also not suggesting that there's nothing I could do for the work this thread pertains to which would improve it or, for that matter, that it has no mistakes: That which plainly should be corrected in order to improve it. Personally, however, I think your brand of honesty has very little to do with being helpful.

Really, it just seems more designed to suck the fun out of the process with all the loving tenderness of a fuel-air-bomb. And that really is the only reason I do what I do - because it's fun.

Now with extra singles!

Old Post Nov-03-2010 22:36  United States

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > Album - Superstition [Breakbeat] - Now with singles
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackreally good electro!!! [2007] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTube - "Wake Up" [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread