Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Will TranceAddict outlive Twitter?
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Will TranceAddict outlive Twitter?

Place your bets now, folks!

(~)

Old Post Nov-19-2022 00:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

TA is already dead since the search function is broken and there is no signs of it ever getting fixed . Searching TA via google is not the same thing although sometimes you can find what you were looking for. Twitter seems to be on life support, but i think it will survive. It is kind of entertaining to see whats going on with it especially the news headlines.

Old Post Nov-19-2022 03:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

I'd love for it to.

I didn't really follow Musk before all this, and after the sink thing, for a moment, I wished I'd never even heard of him. But now, after having been subjected to more of him, I've come to realize that most of these tech billionaires unwittingly provide lots of fun entertainment for us normal folk to enjoy. From Bezos's unconvincing laughter, to Musk's absolute inability to see himself for the wazzock he is, to Zuckerberg's machine-like attempts to emote excitement at Instagram's new face filters, it has all suddenly become truly delightful for me to experience.

And the fact that Musk, in the end, did not want to buy Twitter, but was forced to.. Fuck me all night long. I feel like all this finally hit me today, and I've had fun ever since.

What comes to Twitter, I'm hoping it will go down in flames ASAP now that it's Musk's, but I don't think it will. Its nature is sure to change though, as he seems to want to make it cater better to advertisers. A man who's awful enough to think up a heinous concept like "space billboards" will probably milk everything he can out of Twitter and somehow make it work for himself in the end.

Old Post Nov-19-2022 04:11  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
And the fact that Musk, in the end, did not want to buy Twitter, but was forced to.. Fuck me all night long. I feel like all this finally hit me today, and I've had fun ever since.

ELON: "You know I'm so fuckin' rich, I can buy your app at an over-inflated price and not even blink twice, right?"
TWITTER: "Sold!"
ELON: "Wait, what!?"
LAWYERS: "Yep, that's a legit sale."
ELON: "Th' fu...?"

(~)

Old Post Nov-19-2022 05:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
What comes to Twitter, I'm hoping it will go down in flames ASAP now that it's Musk's, but I don't think it will. Its nature is sure to change though, as he seems to want to make it cater better to advertisers. A man who's awful enough to think up a heinous concept like "space billboards" will probably milk everything he can out of Twitter and somehow make it work for himself in the end.

Yeah, trying to make money off of Twitter - something it's never been able to really do - is the least of his problems. Firing/Relieving/Folks-Noping-Out around 75-80% of the staff is nothing less than a complete IT disaster waiting to happen.

Here's a list of things that could go wrong in just the next few weeks:

Twitter is sooo fucked!

(~)

Old Post Nov-19-2022 05:26  Canada
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

TranceAddict will live forever, baby. We're just like roaches.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Nov-22-2022 18:56  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

If Elon ever makes an offer to acquire TA, please refuse to entertain the notion, Del.

Old Post Nov-29-2022 11:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

I doubt Elon understands vBulletin

Old Post Nov-29-2022 13:36  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian

Pretty sure he would... vBulletin was all the rage for many years

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Dec-05-2022 22:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
TranceAddict will live forever, baby. We're just like roaches.

You've been here through the thick and thin. I always left when times got hard.

Last edited by Mattsanity on May-08-2023 at 02:47

Old Post May-08-2023 02:41  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian

I doubt he understands much except publicity.

As long as Swamper keeps paying the bills, I'd bet TA will outlive Twitter.

Old Post May-09-2023 09:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

That and as long as he keeps his fingers off any kind of "update to 2023 stylee" button.

Mind you, the fact that all this is still (almost?) identical to what it was back in the glory days of 2001, in a good way, is not to be underestimated. And I suppose the people are more or less equally degenerate still.

Old Post May-09-2023 11:28  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Will TranceAddict outlive Twitter?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnkown track in djs @ work set [2002] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTransa - Carla's Theme [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread