Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > What are some of the next parties everyone is checking out?
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
|Thrax|
nightmoves.me

working this one

https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1184517

I Hate Models, JGarrett & Tap Newo at Work by 6AM & Synthetik Minds

Old Post Jan-04-2019 21:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for |Thrax| Click here to Send |Thrax| a Private Message Visit |Thrax|'s homepage! Add |Thrax| to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
|Thrax|
nightmoves.me

yea, the dancefloor is not as small anymore; its rectangled now

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Tbh, I quite liked sound as a venue. The sound system is pretty good, and although I'll agree the dancefloor is a bit small, the place is at least done nicely.

The problems I had with it was the crowd; There were a lot of douchebags the last time I was there - one guy was dressed head to toe in affliction, wearing some kind of chainmetal hoodie neckercheif type thing and was so smashed he kept bumping in to everyone swaying on the dancefloor but somehow still had the self control to check his shoulder length hair was in place every two minutes. I then realized that the club was half full with these types and did I really want to be here?

I suppose it goes with the territory, it being in Hollywood, but this was for Sasha of all people, not Garrix or Guetta.

This was 5 years ago though and maybe I got unlucky so should give it another shake.

Old Post Jan-04-2019 21:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for |Thrax| Click here to Send |Thrax| a Private Message Visit |Thrax|'s homepage! Add |Thrax| to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
|Thrax|
nightmoves.me

My scheduled

I Hate Models, JGarrett & Tap Newo at Work by 6AM & Synthetik Minds

JAN
5 Years of Clinic: Kevin Saunderson (KMS Records)
Wed 10 PM · 9 friends are going
Clinic Wednesdays

JAN 12
SAT
You Know What! feat. Funk-E, Nils Weimann & Louiv
10 PM · DTLA Location TBA

JAN
5 Years of Clinic: Öona Dahl (All Day I Dream)

JAN
5 Years of Clinic: Christian Martin & Lenny Ki

JAN
5 Years Of Clinic: Chaim (Disco Halal)

FEB
Clinic with Goldcap (All Night Long)
Wed 10 PM · 12 friends are going

Midnight Lovers with Juan Maclean, Amtrac, Rick Trainor
11:59 PM · Downtown LA, TBA

FEB 9
SAT
2 Years of Synthetik Minds: Luke Slater, Jamaica Suk & JIA

FEB 13
WED
Clinic with Robag Wruhme (Pampa Records)
10 PM · Clinic Wednesdays

InterestedGoingIgnoreShare
FEB 16
SAT
FUSE 10: A Decade of Rave
9 PM · 1720

FEB 22
FRI
Midnight Lovers w/ Session Victim (Live)
9 PM · 1720

Old Post Jan-04-2019 21:06  United States
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

Some cool parties there Chris!

Does anyone see any big parties coming up. I thought I saw Maceo Plex doing a show here in LA in March. Venue is TBD:

https://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/maceoplex

edit* i can't believe i used the term "big". Pardon my main-stream-ness. I should have asked "do you guys see any other cool parties in the near future?"

Old Post Jan-04-2019 21:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Right here yo!!!

Old Post Mar-08-2019 20:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
neogaia
Supreme tranceaddict

Doing party reviews here for 2019 so far:

1) I went to see Dubfire @ the Viaduct and venue has good view but music was ehhhh. I have been spoiled rotten in getting to see Dubfire play "secret shows" on weekdays in his hometown of DC where he really throws down. I was a huge Deep Dish fan and have seen Dubfire play his A game several times since he went solo and it was disappointing to see him just play an OK set. Just made me appreciate more though the times I saw him when he was at top of his game though.

As for venue, even though I had bought tickets they said it was at capacity at like 5PM when we showed up and I had to wait 15 minutes just for some people to leave even though I had tickets. The lines to get a drink were way too long so I didn't. Was nice to see train pass by several times. I noticed the crowd was like more in their late 20s and 30s and wondered are the kids lame? Are they not into Techno? Could have just been that tickets weren't cheap.

2) Now just 2 weeks before right after coming back from vacation I went on a whim to see Robbie Rivera @ Sound and I had a blast. I hadn't seen him play in a decade! The music was popping off and the crowd was chill. Glad to see he's still got it.

More reviews but gonna split up my post.

Old Post Aug-14-2019 08:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for neogaia Click here to Send neogaia a Private Message Visit neogaia's homepage! Add neogaia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
neogaia
Supreme tranceaddict

3) Went on vacation to East Coast in June and only party I went to was to hit up an old House music night I used to go to in DC at Eighteenth Street Lounge. Same underrated local DJ Sam "the man" Burns is still playing there and I was very happy that the vibe is still awesome. DC has gotten really bougiefied last few years but ESL Sundays is still a dancers refuge with no cover charge and cheap drinks. Even ran into some old party friends randomly. Glad some things don't change!

4) Saw the Chemical Brothers for first time this year at Greek Theater and was really fun! They had great visuals. Even the really drunk guy behind me singing "I'm not gonna take it no more" during random songs that were not that song didn't ruin it.

5) I went to a Techno club, Deck 22, in Tijuana for my birthday and while I had to leave early because my boyfriend had sprained his ankle I thought the club had a great chill vibe and have been trying to find a night to go back to! We were at a hotel nearby and when I woke up at 5AM to go to bathroom could hear music from the club and it was so good I stayed up half an hour to listen to it before going back to sleep!

Last edited by neogaia on Aug-14-2019 at 08:42

Old Post Aug-14-2019 08:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for neogaia Click here to Send neogaia a Private Message Visit neogaia's homepage! Add neogaia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

those are some really great reviews. Is Viaduct a new club/venue or something?

Old Post Aug-14-2019 13:35  United States
darthseph
Supreme tranceaddict

Anyone coming down for Lucent at Spin with Andy Moor?

"Be the Change you want" - Gandhi

MyStro Pro Media
solarSwarm Records Founding member, Admin, & A&R
EDM Identity Content Strategist A&R

Old Post Aug-15-2019 09:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for darthseph Click here to Send darthseph a Private Message Add darthseph to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by darthseph
Anyone coming down for Lucent at Spin with Andy Moor?

dude! i haven't heard his name in forever.

Old Post Aug-15-2019 16:30  United States
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

Anyone going to the SBCLTR party this Sunday with Lee Burridge?

The Gardens of Babylon Open Air | Los Angeles

El Pueblo Historical Monument

Old Post Aug-16-2019 21:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
Anyone going to the SBCLTR party this Sunday with Lee Burridge?

The Gardens of Babylon Open Air | Los Angeles

El Pueblo Historical Monument

staying home this weekend. What's up bro? You going to Sasha or what? How about Secret Project?

Old Post Aug-17-2019 00:33  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > What are some of the next parties everyone is checking out?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnknown Tune ID please 'I can feel it' [2005] [13]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDelacy - "Hideaway" (Deep Dish Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread