Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Suggestions and Comments!
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
bubbleguuum
Senior tranceaddict

Is it me or closing the "A Poll For Those Who Promote & Support TA DJ's" thread had the effect of killing it ?

What could be done, using the existing system is changing the default of 20 or 30 mixes on the front page to 60 or 80, because basically for 90% of mix submitters, if you hit the second page your mix is dead!

Old Post Sep-11-2007 21:52  France
Click Here to See the Profile for bubbleguuum Click here to Send bubbleguuum a Private Message Add bubbleguuum to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

quote:
Originally posted by bubbleguuum
Is it me or closing the "A Poll For Those Who Promote & Support TA DJ's" thread had the effect of killing it ?

What could be done, using the existing system is changing the default of 20 or 30 mixes on the front page to 60 or 80, because basically for 90% of mix submitters, if you hit the second page your mix is dead!

True... and I like the suggestion... will look into it

Old Post Sep-12-2007 16:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

quote:
Originally posted by all-nite-freak
I think a rule to posting your mixes here should be including the label in the tracklisting. I've been browsing a few mixes, and i see so many tracks that unless they have the promo or vinyl...the only way to get it digitally is illegally.(I'm saying this because I know it was mixed digitally). Yes they can search for the info, but at least it will make them work harder for being asshole music thiefs. Its one thing to play pirated stuff for yourself, quite another to promote yourself with it.

While I think this would be very, very difficult to make mandatory, it's something we really should be encouraging people to do if only because as DJ's we should be giving everything we can back to the labels and artists that give us the music we play, and as trivial as listing labels *may* seem, in the end it can mean a lot to labels (I've learned firsthand ).

Old Post Sep-16-2007 14:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
all-nite-freak

quote:
Originally posted by RJT
While I think this would be very, very difficult to make mandatory, it's something we really should be encouraging people to do if only because as DJ's we should be giving everything we can back to the labels and artists that give us the music we play, and as trivial as listing labels *may* seem, in the end it can mean a lot to labels (I've learned firsthand ).

Liebe Detail threw me some free records too...they are just on a massive push to market right now. The one with Touane is pretty dope.

Old Post Sep-23-2007 14:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for all-nite-freak Click here to Send all-nite-freak a Private Message Add all-nite-freak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

quote:
Originally posted by all-nite-freak
Liebe Detail threw me some free records too...they are just on a massive push to market right now. The one with Touane is pretty dope.

Liebe, Traum, and Soma have all been really, really good to me in the last year, year and a half - and it takes about two seconds to add label information to tracklists and charts, so at this point it just seems like a fucking foolish idea not to take that bit of extra time and do it.

Old Post Sep-23-2007 15:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
all-nite-freak

I am agreeing. To me it a well typed out T list also makes a mix more appetizing to me in terms of wanting to download, because it shows the person who put it together put the time and effort into it. (Not on soma but Traum as well hehe) Labels are smart man and now i need to rush to get that Ulysses track in a set before you

Old Post Sep-23-2007 15:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for all-nite-freak Click here to Send all-nite-freak a Private Message Add all-nite-freak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJHolograf
tranceaddict

Maybe a sticky set of the week or month? based on votes. Narrow down good sets...post a poll...have people vote on the sets. Sticky of the month...or week....whatever the frequency. I dunno. It could work.

Old Post Mar-04-2008 09:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJHolograf Click here to Send DJHolograf a Private Message Visit DJHolograf's homepage! Add DJHolograf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJHolograf
tranceaddict

You should make the links invisible until someone comments on the threads before they can download the mixes...cuz I think it would nice for us creating the mixes to know if we are getting download hit...so we can figure out better ways to improve...i.e. expanding the style, etc.

Old Post Mar-12-2008 08:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJHolograf Click here to Send DJHolograf a Private Message Visit DJHolograf's homepage! Add DJHolograf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rokelly
Junior tranceaddict

Talking

hey mate,
what about having an essential mixes blog as a stickie,
like the mixes with the best replies or best rating by listeners,
its a good way for the djs to know where they stand aswell!!
cheers.. love the site!!

Old Post Sep-02-2008 02:50  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for rokelly Click here to Send rokelly a Private Message Visit rokelly's homepage! Add rokelly to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

Archive thread sticky?

I just mean one with links to archive threads....

Old Post Nov-30-2008 23:44 
Echo of Silence
Supreme tranceaddict

Okay, flash.

This is directed at 2rip, Rob, and Magadansk. I'm totally getting lost in these threads.

I really really like the idea of having everything gathered together in one thread but I'm thinking there must be a better way? Seriously, the threads are becoming a bit overwhelming.

I don't know what the solution is but I want you to know that one of your biggest fans is having problems navigating these megathreads and getting a little frustrated...

:/

Nu skal jeg betro dig min hemmelighed. Den er ganske ligetil:
kun med hjertet kan man se rigtigt. Det vęsentlige er usynligt for ųjet.

Old Post Dec-04-2008 19:52  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for Echo of Silence Click here to Send Echo of Silence a Private Message Add Echo of Silence to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Echo of Silence
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Echo of Silence
Okay, flash.

This is directed at 2rip, Rob, and Magadansk. I'm totally getting lost in these threads.

I really really like the idea of having everything gathered together in one thread but I'm thinking there must be a better way? Seriously, the threads are becoming a bit overwhelming.

I don't know what the solution is but I want you to know that one of your biggest fans is having problems navigating these megathreads and getting a little frustrated...

:/

Whine, whine, whine. Delete your post, it's too negative.

Nu skal jeg betro dig min hemmelighed. Den er ganske ligetil:
kun med hjertet kan man se rigtigt. Det vęsentlige er usynligt for ųjet.

Old Post Dec-06-2008 20:39  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for Echo of Silence Click here to Send Echo of Silence a Private Message Add Echo of Silence to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Suggestions and Comments!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPls ID this electro track [2002] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRank 1 - Such is Life (Rank 1's Deep Dub Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread