Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Allied Nations - Warm Music for Cool Cities - [Mellow] - Fall 2006
Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

quote:
Originally posted by montana
well greg, this is a good mix. the track selection is fucking spot on, great mix of mature pop music, quirky electronic music, downtempo beats & guitar poprock. I know how it is to arrange a mix like this and you fucking nailed it in terms of that, it sounded exactly how I'd like every want (normal) radio to sound when i tune into it. The general feel is not that much mellow but it has touches of it.

But here comes the thing that irritated me heavily at times. some of the transitions are WAY TO BLUNT, especially out of the Skye, that transition need a solid second before you brought in Nach Scratch. There was two or three other mixes also that was almost as blunt as that one but it wasn't that much of a biggie. Since you arranged this mix, there is no excuse to get into the milliseconds to do timing in term of arrangements, because that, my friend is what could make this one a stellar set.

But like i said, i still think this is a great mix, and this will have a permanent home on mi mp3player for a while

Thanks for the solid feedback! Next time I will definetely spend more time with the individual transitions... Originally the plan was the beatmap all the tunes on acid (or ableton) but neither app was cooperating with a lot of these tunes. It just straight up wasn't going to let me warp them properly. Next time I hope to do this sort of mix on the new version of Mixmeister, I've heard great things about it for doing this sort of thing.

I'm glad you enjoyed the arrangement much more this time - it's what I focused the majority of my effort into. Maybe for the next one I'll be able to harness all three aspects of making a mix like this - tunes, order, and mixes. Again, thanks for listening and providing me with some good feedback. Cheers!

Only thing I disagree with you about is the mellowness. This is deffo mellow

Old Post Nov-29-2006 15:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Slylee
love lockdown

i'm most definitely diggin it. having trouble sleeping now and thought i'd give it a listen...it's relaxing. didn't really dig that latin song...kinda out of left field, but definitely a nice chill set to end my night with before bed

thanks for sharing!

and i see what montana is saying about the transitions, but i'm more about track selection than mixing. even though i've spent some time behind the decks and can appreciate good mixing, it's just not the most important factor to me and i'm not really an elitest about it. if i like the tracks, i could give 2 shits about the transitions. that's just me though.

My soliloquy may be hard for some to swallow, but so is cod liver oil.
quote:
Originally posted by notelfreak
man i can't believe i tried to come off as responsible in that other thread, i am so full of shit just don't tell anyone

Old Post Nov-30-2006 05:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for Slylee Click here to Send Slylee a Private Message Add Slylee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

quote:
Originally posted by Slylee
i'm most definitely diggin it. having trouble sleeping now and thought i'd give it a listen...it's relaxing. didn't really dig that latin song...kinda out of left field, but definitely a nice chill set to end my night with before bed

thanks for sharing!

and i see what montana is saying about the transitions, but i'm more about track selection than mixing. even though i've spent some time behind the decks and can appreciate good mixing, it's just not the most important factor to me and i'm not really an elitest about it. if i like the tracks, i could give 2 shits about the transitions. that's just me though.

Hey, cheers Jamie - I haven't seen you post in this forum very much, but if you like this mix, you should continue to check this place out- some really great talent, some of which I'm sure you know about.

I'm glad you liked the mix, I have been falling asleep with it since I put it together.. it may have been an alterior side to the whole vibe of the mix. I always fall asleep to music and now that I think about it, wI've been putting a lot of this stuff on before crashing.

Thanks for the review

RESISTS MAKING CRACK ABOUT SLYLEE.... (NO PUN INTENDED!)

Oh btw, when I call you Jamie I'm attempting to speak to you like a real person, when I call you slylee I'm probably being a jerk .

Old Post Nov-30-2006 05:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Slylee
love lockdown

no problem greg i like to think slylee and jamie are kinda different.

anyway, i'm about 45 min into it, and it's just getting better and better. i'm tired, but i dont want to fall asleep. i really want to hear the rest of this. i can't wait to burn this so i can listen while i drive!

i can't download at work and i just pick up connections at home on my laptop, so i never bother downloading stuff, but lately i've had good luck, and like someone else posted in here, your sig just sort of caught my attention tonight and i though i'd give it a shot. very glad i did!

i really want to find some more tracks by some of these artists. i know nothing about chill/down tempo stuff, but i love it!

i recently discovered Ladytron...they're a little more punkish than this stuff, but i dunno, reminds me of some of it. i love hearing new stuff and will generally give anything a listen and 99% of the time, will be able to appreciate it.

this set is very james holdenish, only you haven't seemed to throw down some sick, harder tracks like Gebrunn Gebrunn in between like he does, but that's fine...i like the consistency better

quote:
man i can't believe i tried to come off as responsible in that other thread, i am so full of shit just don't tell anyone

Last edited by Slylee on Nov-30-2006 at 06:03

Old Post Nov-30-2006 05:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for Slylee Click here to Send Slylee a Private Message Add Slylee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

quote:
no problem greg i like to think slylee and jamie are kinda different.

anyway, i'm about 45 min into it, and it's just getting better and better. i'm tired, but i dont want to fall asleep. i really want to hear the rest of this. i can't wait to burn this so i can listen while i drive!

i can't download at work and i just pick up connections at home on my laptop, so i never bother downloading stuff, but lately i've had good luck, and like someone else posted in here, your sig just sort of caught my attention tonight and i though i'd give it a shot. very glad i did!

i really want to find some more tracks by some of these artists. i know nothing about chill/down tempo stuff, but i love it!

i recently discovered Ladytron...they're a little more punkish than this stuff, but i dunno, reminds me of some of it. i love hearing new stuff and will generally give anything a listen and 99% of the time, will be able to appreciate it.

this set is very james holdenish, only you haven't seemed to throw down some sick, harder tracks like Gebrunn Gebrunn in between like he does, but that's fine...i like the consistency better

Haha.. thats for next month..

Most of these artists have artist albums out and would definetely check them out.

Tycho - Sunrise Projector
Telepopmusik - Angel Milk
Karma - Latenight Daydreaming
Guitar - Saltykisses
Lemongrass - Time Tunnel (it's a collection of classics)

Some other albums DEFINETELY work the time.

International Pony - Mit Dir Sind Wir Vier (Not some german random crap, if you like ladytron and chillout, these guys really fit that middle ground)
Lemon Jelly
DJ Krush
Kid Koala

I'll go on more later

Glad you're enjoying it- It's always nice to hear someone wants to listen to your mix all the way through- but without these boss tunes, I'd have nohing.

Old Post Nov-30-2006 06:01 
Slylee
love lockdown

i'll work on getting some of those, thanks.

i actually can't wait to play this for my mom. i know she'll dig it too.

quote:

Old Post Nov-30-2006 06:05 
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

quote:
i'll work on getting some of those, thanks.

i actually can't wait to play this for my mom. i know she'll dig it too.

Of those I I put most weight on the Internation Pony reccomendation - but all are my favorites - Mit Dir Sind Wir Vier was easily my fasvorite album of this year hands down.

My mom and dad dig this mix, I hope yours do too

Old Post Nov-30-2006 06:12 
stren
Strenowski

I wouldn't call this warm, its chilly for the big part, with some exceptions, like that spanish hip hop track.
What else can I add. The tunes : great success Transitions: some is nice, some non existent. Fits well in my montana and clovis mix playlist.

I think i heard a serart sample there too can't remember which track

insignificant cor member alliance

Last edited by stren on Nov-30-2006 at 09:43

Old Post Nov-30-2006 08:49  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for stren Click here to Send stren a Private Message Visit stren's homepage! Add stren to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cloud
housy

I was listening to this while doing my homework and I enjoyed it very much, esp. the second half of the mix. Can't wait for your next one.

Old Post Nov-30-2006 21:05  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Visit Cloud's homepage! Add Cloud to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ZeJayMan
the farthammer

This was fantastic, I loved the Spanish rapping and the overall serenity of this mix

There was one song on this near the end i'm not sure on the minute mark, maybe 50's, with what sounds like a female rapping, piano and then it kicks into some proggy fuzzness and dreamy piano in the background. BEST song on this mix, totally brilliant stuff.

The good thing with your mixes (and for the majority of the mixes i enjoy from Tranceaddict) is that i've not got the foggiest idea who half the tracks are by, i've never heard of the artists before, so I can listen to something with an open mind and discover for myself what I like and what I dislike. Theres no "this is cool, listen to this" or "that's shit, forget about that" involved. It lets me have an unbiased opinion, which i thoroughly enjoy.

Thanks for this, some amazing songs put together just made to bring a smile, to be played walking through a dreary town on a shitty day.

Thanks again big man.

Old Post Dec-01-2006 02:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for ZeJayMan Click here to Send ZeJayMan a Private Message Add ZeJayMan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
coded audio
chill connoisseur

Damn you took 2 songs off my next chill mix

Love the name /art work/tracklist.

All diamond stuff !!!

Will let you know how it gels for me .

thanks for a cool early xmas present.

Old Post Dec-01-2006 02:56  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for coded audio Click here to Send coded audio a Private Message Add coded audio to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Krypton
83.798 g/6.022x10^23

DUDE, all I ever do is trip acid!!! THANK YOU!!

Old Post Dec-01-2006 03:01  Korea-Democratic Peoples Republic
Click Here to See the Profile for Krypton Click here to Send Krypton a Private Message Visit Krypton's homepage! Add Krypton to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Allied Nations - Warm Music for Cool Cities - [Mellow] - Fall 2006
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMark EG @ Slammin Vinyl 03/09/99 ID (1) [2007] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPole Folder & CP - "Apollo Vibes" (Unreleased Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread