Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Tranceaddict Top 250 DJs 2007 Results
Pages (43): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
RJT
last minute disco

quote:
Originally posted by TOR
Not every event is like that, though. I still stand by my point that a DJ who does not produce can achieve the exact same effect on the dancefloor as a DJ who does.

I'd go one step further and say some DJ's who are very, very shit producers are still incredible DJ's.

Old Post Oct-22-2007 18:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cmay119
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by RJT
I'd go one step further and say some DJ's who are very, very shit producers are still incredible DJ's.

Desyn Masiello comes to mind there. Haven't really heard a production/remix from him that was ever that good. Incredibly talented DJ however...

Track ID needed (James Zabiela Vision Chicago)
Track ID needed (Magda Live @ DC-10)
ID Needed - 90's Deep House Track
Track ID needed (Move D Compost Black Label Party)

Old Post Oct-22-2007 18:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cmay119 Click here to Send cmay119 a Private Message Add cmay119 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

quote:
Originally posted by cmay119
Desyn Masiello comes to mind there. Haven't really heard a production/remix from him that was ever that good. Incredibly talented DJ however...

Burridge is another one - he's had a few "decent" tunes, but nothing really at all outstanding. On the decks though... whoo-boy.

Old Post Oct-22-2007 18:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
element-y
!Shakawkaw!

Never said they werent. Just said i prefer producers who have killer sets over there mxing skills.

The average dj doesnt produce also. And yes, in most cases, the average dj is better than the average producer at mixing at a club.

I just prefer to spend on the producers who throw down good songs.

And yea, because i get a better reaction from seeing a producer tear shit up then watching a dj tear shit up, i vote the producer in the dj polls. I think becuase of the fact they drop their own tracks on the floor adds to them being on top because of the crowd reaction. That is why i count producers as djs. They have an advantage over the crowd if their tracks are good.

Old Post Oct-22-2007 18:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for element-y Click here to Send element-y a Private Message Add element-y to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

That's a lovely little story. However, you're still voting producers in a DJ poll and no amount of explaining is going to change that.

Old Post Oct-22-2007 18:45  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
element-y
!Shakawkaw!

i still dont see why not.

You view the poll as a dj who has skills in transitions and effects and fades, where i see the dj as somoene who excites the crowd and makes me have fun listening to tracks i like to hear. If that dj happens to also have produced tracks that i like it adds to me enjoying myself on the dancefloor. Therefore, i view that over skills on the actual decks.

A dj isnt supposed to be just someone who is great at the tables. You vote based on who you like seeing the most at a club. So i voted!

Old Post Oct-22-2007 18:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for element-y Click here to Send element-y a Private Message Add element-y to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MichaelBoogerd!
Lost Treasures

quote:
Originally posted by element-y
See i woudnt be able to answer that one. I go to events to support the tracks i like from the producers. And even though when they dj them in fornt of a crowd it isnt the best mixing, i cheer on the tracks they produce. I see producers when they dj as "pop star". No not idolize bullcrap like followers of tiesto and shit (i think tiesto sucks but not relevant), but in support of having them continue to produce those tracks. Yea record sales show this and artists can be fine with just that, but seeing the guy/guys who made the track adds a feeling for me i dont get when seeing just a person messing behind the decks. So yea, an average night is going to a club to dance to a dj who doesnt produce and just plays tracks (be it master skills on the decks or just fades), but when i truly support someone its seeing the person behind the song. I know being a skilled dj requires a lot of work and skill ( i dj and love to do so), but when it comes down to paying 40 dollars for an amazing dj who doesnt produce but is skilled at mixing vs a producer who isnt the best at djiing but has great track productions along with other good songs in the set, id see the second.

For instance, take armin. When he plays other tracks that arnt his people just dance and cheer a little if they recognize the track, but when he drops one of his own, be it old or new, people go nuts to show support for the production. THat is what i love about seeing producers dj at clubs.

What a gimp.

Old Post Oct-22-2007 18:54  Slovakia
Click Here to See the Profile for MichaelBoogerd! Click here to Send MichaelBoogerd! a Private Message Visit MichaelBoogerd!'s homepage! Add MichaelBoogerd! to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
element-y
!Shakawkaw!

what a response

Old Post Oct-22-2007 18:55  United States
UWM
mandroid

quote:
i still dont see why not.

Because producer =/= DJ. Simple as, really.

Old Post Oct-22-2007 18:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for UWM Click here to Send UWM a Private Message Visit UWM's homepage! Add UWM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
element-y
!Shakawkaw!

A producer djs when he is in a club no? Therefore, how is he not a dj?

Old Post Oct-22-2007 19:00  United States
smakmagik
To somewhere and back

quote:
A producer djs when he is in a club no? Therefore, how is he not a dj?

He is a DJ but he is not pre-judged based on his producing skills. You dont call a DJ who spins a wicked set a good producer regardless of his skills or lack of them as one.

Old Post Oct-22-2007 19:02  India
Click Here to See the Profile for smakmagik Click here to Send smakmagik a Private Message Visit smakmagik's homepage! Add smakmagik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MeLLyMeL
I miss my best friend :(

quote:

A dj isnt supposed to be just someone who is great at the tables. You vote based on who you like seeing the most at a club. So i voted!
wrong.. AGAIN!

You are voting on who you like seeing most at a club which happens to be nothing but producers who only get gigs because of a few songs they put out.

You are not liking the dj's for the right reasons. Anyone can be a dj now. That why the list is now 250 rather than 100.

Near to me

R.I.P. DarkAngel 12-16-o9

Old Post Oct-22-2007 19:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for MeLLyMeL Click here to Send MeLLyMeL a Private Message Visit MeLLyMeL's homepage! Add MeLLyMeL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Tranceaddict Top 250 DJs 2007 Results
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (43): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAmazing Tune!!! What is it? [2007] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJFK - "Whiplash" (Bad Habit Boys Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread